Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

abdul78

Nov 27, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feb2004 said:
Can anyone please let me know what their ecas shows? Did you have any status after receiving PER email--in process, we received...
For me until yesterday it was showing we received...today not showing anything. My worry is that I have an old pre 2008 application in process too, the fate of which is unknown, so don't know if I can have two applications in process. Only the old one is showing up on ecas.
Hi Feb2004,

I am having the same issue. A few days ago I was able to see the status as "we received your app ...."
Now I can not log in. I called them and the agent said that they are having some problems on the system!

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Feb2004 said:
Can anyone please let me know what their ecas shows? Did you have any status after receiving PER email--in process, we received...
For me until yesterday it was showing we received...today not showing anything. My worry is that I have an old pre 2008 application in process too, the fate of which is unknown, so don't know if I can have two applications in process. Only the old one is showing up on ecas.
I cannot see my ecas for more than a week. I believe they might have some problem in their system or updating something.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
MH_A said:
I cannot see my ecas for more than a week. I believe they might have some problem in their system or updating something.
Nothing wrong with mine. But it still shows "In process"

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
alfiz said:
Hello all,

I have a question about the PhD stream and the funds requirement. I just received an email for document request from the Ott-Pilot office. Similar to many other cases I have seen on this forum, they asked for 1- Proof of funds, 2- Evidence of account activity in the past 6 months.

I don't have the 11,000$ or so that is required for a single applicant. I have about 8,000$ in my account and that's it. At the time of application, I had a lot more money because I had received a lump sum payment to cover expenses for a year, which I have been spending from for almost a year now.

The question is, at this point is it reasonable for me to go and borrow money from somewhere or will that look bad? Also, would it be better if I included a letter from the university that I am a funded student and wrote another letter explaining the situation (with the lump sum payment and all)? How strict is the funding requirement?

Thanks very much.
This is a critical issue. The VO is really strict about the fund. Any large deposit after a request of statement will be more suspicious and may lead to rejection.

You need another 3000 dollars and have to convenience VO that fund is yours.

Really expecting some suggestion from senior members :-X :-X

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feb2004 said:
We have two applications and both of them are showing up. We emailed them and they confirmed that we can have two application in two different streams of the Economic Class.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Uwindsor2009 said:
This is a critical issue. The VO is really strict about the fund. Any large deposit after a request of statement will be more suspicious and may lead to rejection.

I would advise you to not even touch you salary this and next month. and send it after immediately you reach the minimum threshold. But is hard to say if they will accept it or not. People have been rejected for being short of 150 dollars.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I would advise you to not even touch you salary this and next month. and send it after immediately you reach the minimum threshold. But is hard to say if they will accept it or not. People have been rejected for being short of 150 dollars.
He may actually have a shot (though there is never a guarantee given how strict they have been when it comes to this). Let's assume the following:
1. His family agrees to support him and send the money to him, but he's worried having to explain where the money comes from (since large deposits will be made to his account)
2. His next two paychecks are enough to make up the difference between the current balance and the minimum threshold.

The next step would require opening a new bank account (or use a different bank account than the one you sent to CIC), let's call this bank account B, whereas the bank account you sent to Ottawa (where the 8000 is) is account A. Then have your salary be directly deposited to account A. Don't touch the money from account A AT ALL, and as soon as your balance hits 11,200 or something, send the bank statement history. Then have your family send you their support to account B, the account that you won't show to Ottawa. Use only money from account B for your expenses.

Ottawa would then definitely notice the two large deposits, but since these deposits are your paychecks, it would be easy to prove to them that you're entitled to the money and that the money is yours. However, if the large deposits are from, say, your family, then you would have a lot of explaining to do, so let your family help you (by giving you the money), but do it in a way that you won't have to let Ottawa know about it.

Keep in mind that I'm not encouraging people to misrepresent themselves, and this is not at all an expert's advice (and there is no guarantee that this would work).

Obviously this would only have a chance of working (no guarantee) if your family would genuinely try to help you (rather than just letting you have the money temporarily), and you're just concerned that you would have to explain the large deposits (since it's easier to explain large deposits in the form of paychecks than having to convince them that you're not just borrowing money from your family).

omaradib

Mar 31, 2009
Hi,

I am ready to submit all my papers. It is under PhD stream. The instruction guide says that if regular mail, it should go to

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

But a courier should go to

Federal Skilled Worker
Arranged Employment category or PhD category
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Now, I believe most of you used Canada post Xpresspost to send the application. Is that correct? Does Xpresspost count a regular mail or a courier? What did you use to send? Where did you send?

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
omaradib said:
Hi,

I am ready to submit all my papers. It is under PhD stream. The instruction guide says that if regular mail, it should go to

Federal Skilled Worker
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

But a courier should go to

Federal Skilled Worker
Arranged Employment category or PhD category
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Now, I believe most of you used Canada post Xpresspost to send the application. Is that correct? Does Xpresspost count a regular mail or a courier? What did you use to send? Where did you send?
I chose the second one with Xpresspost.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
TyrusX said:
Seems to me a good idea

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I applied on May and I ordered CAIPS on December. The Sydney officer note showed that they awarded 5 points of adaptability to me. Yes I needed 5 points to pass 67. I was too worried about my case. if we assume that they request document if they make sure that you have the eligibility, Ottawa is awarding 5 points of adaptability. At the same time I could be totally wrong who knows ;)

yare dabestani said:
Hi Kuzey

So you mean they awarded you the 5 adaptability points? did you need those points to pass over 67?

Tnx

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kuzey said:
I applied on May and I ordered CAIPS on December. The Sydney officer note showed that they awarded 5 points of adaptability to me. Yes I needed 5 points to pass 67. I was too worried about my case. if we assume that they request document if they make sure that you have the eligibility, Ottawa is awarding 5 points of adaptability. At the same time I could be totally wrong who knows ;)
I hope that's the case too. So far, rejections based on not having enough points happened before any requests for documents, so it's fair to assume that eligibility check is done before that. However, we have not yet seen any medical requests for applicants that needed to rely on these 5 points, so it's still hard to say.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alfiz said:
Hello all,

I have a question about the PhD stream and the funds requirement. I just received an email for document request from the Ott-Pilot office. Similar to many other cases I have seen on this forum, they asked for 1- Proof of funds, 2- Evidence of account activity in the past 6 months.

I don't have the 11,000$ or so that is required for a single applicant. I have about 8,000$ in my account and that's it. At the time of application, I had a lot more money because I had received a lump sum payment to cover expenses for a year, which I have been spending from for almost a year now.

The question is, at this point is it reasonable for me to go and borrow money from somewhere or will that look bad? Also, would it be better if I included a letter from the university that I am a funded student and wrote another letter explaining the situation (with the lump sum payment and all)? How strict is the funding requirement?

Thanks very much.
Congratulations!!

Could you please share with us your timeline?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Uwindsor2009 said:
I do not know but let's think. Money Landry Process like :D we need that the raise in your account should look normal not from a friend.
Can you put let you friend deposit this money to the university and them you request it from the university, so the university can deposit the money directly into your bank account or give you a cheque that looks to be from the university??
Or can your friend buy you something in cash from a store and keep the receipt then you can return it and get the refund into your bank account directly from that store?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
mehroonir said:
They are looking for people in "sensitive" fields regarding to the sanctions against Iran. This includes anything related to nuclear engineering, anything that might be useful in military application, etc. It also helps them have a better background/security check.
A friend of mine told me they like the IT ppl and they won't reject my application. Hope that's true.