+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
lucyyang said:
Hello All,

It is my first time to post here. I was very sad as my application got refused today. I would like to share my application journey with you and hope you can get around this muddy point for your own case.

My application package was submitted on Nov.8, 2011, received the file number on March 15, 2012. On June 16, 2012 I was required for the documents about my employment letter including detail information about the duty, time period and salaries. On July 16, 2012, I was required to provide the proof of funds for myself. Today Nov.2, 2012, I was informed my application got refused by email. The reason was said to be the following:

***For your family size of 2 persons, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $13,837. You have presented evidence of your currently available funds, net of outstanding debts, which total only $13,252.91. You have not submitted evidence that you have obtained arranged employment within the meaning of the Regulations. Therefore I am not satisfied that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.***

My argument is that I always thought my fund proof should include my current available fund in the bank ($13,252.91) as well as the stated annual salary (~$20,000) in the employment letter from the University. In addition, in July I also provided the employment letter for my husband where stated his duty for his pernament job and his annual salary. However, the final decision is stuck at his point! only $600 difference! Now I am very confused that if the fund proof should or not include my annual salary as stated in the employment letter. I don't know if I should appeal or not. Very frustrated!

Lucy
Lucy, i am sorry to hear that, and i know how important it is to you. But i personally think you can argue with them. BTW:CIC seems to be more strange now.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
lucyyang said:
Thanks, Dani1982. Even though I do have more than $13,837 in my account now, I am afraid they have stopped processing my case by accepting any additional documents. Is there any similar case before, say, accept additional supportive documents after the rejection?
how long does this fund sit in to your account ? more than 6 months?

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have updated and added few more pages. Please check

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
crazyleader said:
Hello guys,
I'm here with a good and a not good news. 1) I got an email today from CIC replaying on the bank statement I previously sent them. It's good in the sense that it shows the things are going again even for Iranians.
2) the not good part is mine, because they have asked me to prove I am not intending to live in Quebec; they might ask such thing from other Quebec students as well. I am very confused right now, because I do not know what kind of document would be helpful in this mater. The content of the email they sent me is as below.
"I am writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/or documentation to me"

Would you please let me know what kind of document would resolve the issue? Does it makes it faster if I submit by email?
crazyleader, I am curious to know how come the email response you got form CIC has the words "Canadian Experience Class" when clearly you are applying for the PhD stream which is under the Federal Skill Worker program and not CEC, right?

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
Dani1982 said:
how long does this fund sit in to your account ? more than 6 months?
Not exactly. When I submitted the proof of fund in July it was only $13,252.91. But the total amount is accumulating all the time. Actually by the end of July, my savings in the bank has been over $13,837.
Actually, in the fund proof submitted in July it already included my bank account activity within recent 6 months. It was very apparent that I had fixed income every month and the total saving amount was accumulating.
Any suggestion for my next step? Thanks.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
lucyyang said:
Hello All,

It is my first time to post here. I was very sad as my application got refused today. I would like to share my application journey with you and hope you can get around this muddy point for your own case.

My application package was submitted on Nov.8, 2011, received the file number on March 15, 2012. On June 16, 2012 I was required for the documents about my employment letter including detail information about the duty, time period and salaries. On July 16, 2012, I was required to provide the proof of funds for myself. Today Nov.2, 2012, I was informed my application got refused by email. The reason was said to be the following:

***For your family size of 2 persons, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $13,837. You have presented evidence of your currently available funds, net of outstanding debts, which total only $13,252.91. You have not submitted evidence that you have obtained arranged employment within the meaning of the Regulations. Therefore I am not satisfied that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.***

My argument is that I always thought my fund proof should include my current available fund in the bank ($13,252.91) as well as the stated annual salary (~$20,000) in the employment letter from the University. In addition, in July I also provided the employment letter for my husband where stated his duty for his pernament job and his annual salary. However, the final decision is stuck at his point! only $600 difference! Now I am very confused that if the fund proof should or not include my annual salary as stated in the employment letter. I don't know if I should appeal or not. Very frustrated!

Lucy
Hi Lucy
I am sorry to hear about your story. I think you
Should definitely argue with them.
BTW: as a phd, I thought it is enough if we
Show them a banking records monthly and a
Letter from university. Must we also provide this
Minimum deposit?

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
websphereguy said:
crazyleader, I am curious to know how come the email response you got form CIC has the words "Canadian Experience Class" when clearly you are applying for the PhD stream which is under the Federal Skill Worker program and not CEC, right?
I was confused about this too! can you clarify, crazyleader?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
crazyleader said:
Hello guys,
I'm here with a good and a not good news. 1) I got an email today from CIC replaying on the bank statement I previously sent them. It's good in the sense that it shows the things are going again even for Iranians.
2) the not good part is mine, because they have asked me to prove I am not intending to live in Quebec; they might ask such thing from other Quebec students as well. I am very confused right now, because I do not know what kind of document would be helpful in this mater. The content of the email they sent me is as below.
"I am writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/or documentation to me"

Would you please let me know what kind of document would resolve the issue? Does it makes it faster if I submit by email?
not sure, but a job offer, own a business, rent a house, join a study program and/or your spouse.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
neuron said:
Hi Lucy
I am sorry to hear about your story. I think you
Should definitely argue with them.
BTW: as a phd, I thought it is enough if we
Show them a banking records monthly and a
Letter from university. Must we also provide this
Minimum deposit?
Of course we have. Everyone has to provide evidence that they have enough money to live for about an year without employment.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
lucyyang said:
Not exactly. When I submitted the proof of fund in July it was only $13,252.91. But the total amount is accumulating all the time. Actually by the end of July, my savings in the bank has been over $13,837.
Actually, in the fund proof submitted in July it already included my bank account activity within recent 6 months. It was very apparent that I had fixed income every month and the total saving amount was accumulating.
Any suggestion for my next step? Thanks.
You have to send an email,describing your situation including all supporting documents, to Ottawa. You can go to your bank an get a new bank statement showing you have more than 13,837$ in your account since July. Also you have to include your husband's job employment letter, a letter indicate your fund and anything else which shows you are in a good economic situation.

butterflyman

Nov 3, 2012
Hello Everybody,
My application has received a positive determination on April 2012 for PhD category. I have updated my marital status after that in June from single to married. They recently charged me for the application for my wife. I am just wondering how long approximately would it take to get the request from them for the medical exam and the next stages normally, and also in my case? Has anybody received PR in this category so far? how long did it take?
thanks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
butterflyman said:
Hello Everybody,
My application has received a positive determination on April 2012 for PhD category. I have updated my marital status after that in June from single to married. They recently charged me for the application for my wife. I am just wondering how long approximately would it take to get the request from them for the medical exam and the next stages normally, and also in my case? Has anybody received PR in this category so far? how long did it take?
thanks.
I'm going to reply but keep in mind that some of this is speculation. A few people did get PR so far, they have however not participated in the group and we don't know the details. We believe they are outliers and that CIC is currently still processing most applicantions. Only a single person on our group has received medical request as a 2012 applicant, she chose her home country as VO. Given that you applied in April and got married, your application may still take another 10 months to process, based on the amount of time that took for the Nov/Dec applicants to receive PPR.

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
Dani1982 said:
You have to send an email,describing your situation including all supporting documents, to Ottawa. You can go to your bank an get a new bank statement showing you have more than 13,837$ in your account since July. Also you have to include your husband's job employment letter, a letter indicate your fund and anything else which shows you are in a good economic situation.
Thanks for the suggestions. Basically, now I am clear about the situation. I will provide all of these documents, as well as my husband's account balance. I think my husband's account balance is the most important, although I did not realized its necessarity when I submitted my own financial proof as they just asked for the proof for myself. Anyhow I will give a try, and I will let you all know the result later.
BTW: do you think which way is better, email? mail? or fax? May I try all of them at the same time?

shrub

Oct 31, 2012
lucyyang said:
Thanks for the suggestions. Basically, now I am clear about the situation. I will provide all of these documents, as well as my husband's account balance. I think my husband's account balance is the most important, although I did not realized its necessarity when I submitted my own financial proof as they just asked for the proof for myself. Anyhow I will give a try, and I will let you all know the result later.
BTW: do you think which way is better, email? mail? or fax? May I try all of them at the same time?
I guess you may email them a scan copy and mail them out at the same time. I would do this, if I were you... GOOD LUCK!!!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
lucyyang said:
I think trying all of them is the best