Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
ojohn22 said:
Hi Folks,

I did my landing today Jan. 15 at the local CIC office. It was smooth and the officer did not ask for Bank statement or anything related to settlement funds.
All we chatted about was possible spelling mistakes in names and other profile details, shortly after the officer stamped my passport and COPR.
I took photographs with just in case they asked. But she only collected them as 'back up' and not really compulsory.

The whole thing took just 20 mins. Most it involved chatting about other things like economy, my professional inclinations etc (just meet and greet type thing).

Good luck to us all.
Congrats ojohn22. Can I ask how long it took to book an appointment at local CIC office? (I mean from the time you called them to the time of your landing)

nmogh

Mar 11, 2015
ojohn22 said:
Hi Folks,

I did my landing today Jan. 15 at the local CIC office. It was smooth and the officer did not ask for Bank statement or anything related to settlement funds.
All we chatted about was possible spelling mistakes in names and other profile details, shortly after the officer stamped my passport and COPR.
I took photographs with just in case they asked. But she only collected them as 'back up' and not really compulsory.

The whole thing took just 20 mins. Most it involved chatting about other things like economy, my professional inclinations etc (just meet and greet type thing).

Good luck to us all.
Congrats ojohn22!
Did the officer ask you for any proofs of where you live (e.g lease contract)? Did she ask you any detailed questions about what you are currently doing in Canada?

Shuai618

May 4, 2015
Hi Guys,

I sent my passport to Ottawa on Jan. 5 and this morning I saw my passport has been out for delivery. If everything is going well, I am gonna do landing this evening.

Hope you guys receive your passports soon.

Cheers

nmogh

Mar 11, 2015
That's wonderful, Shuai618! Please don't forget to share your landing experience with us!

Shuai618 said:
Hi Guys,

I sent my passport to Ottawa on Jan. 5 and this morning I saw my passport has been out for delivery. If everything is going well, I am gonna do landing this evening.

Cheers

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Congratulations!!! May u have a smooth landing process!!

Shuai618 said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
16-11-2015 (Police certificate)
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
Hi folks,

After 10 days of waiting, I got my passport with visa today (18-01-2016) afternoon via Expresspost, and within few hours I did flagpol landing at the nearest US border (Douglas/Peace Arch POE, http://cbsa.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/405-eng.html) from Vancouver around 7PM. I called the CIC call centre beforehand to check if we could do an in-Canada landing only to learn after 40min waiting that it will take three weeks before CIC will contact me to discuss an appointment. I couldn't wait that long. So, here is my landing experience, if you're further interested:

I took my (and my wife's) CoPR, Passport, and Work permit & Study permit, (plus $20 cash and our marriage certificate, just in case) and literally nothing else. Because I called the CBSA (1-800-461-9999) upfront, an officer confirmed that in my case (since I've been living in Canada for six years in temporary visa) I need no other documents than those I mentioned above.

My daughter (who is already a Canadian citizen by birth), my wife and I walked from Peace Arch Duty Free Shopping area parking in Canada to the US Customs and Border office through a short but tricky walkway (I followed this link, which was extremely useful: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-experience-at-douglas-poe-peace-arch-park-t117956.0.html). Entering the US customs building I told the officer that we want to do flagpoling. The officer asked the following questions:
- Did you arrive by walking? (Yes) (I guess there's a fee involved if you enter the border by driving)
- Did you buy anything at the Duty Free? (No)
He didn't ask for any documents other than my passport (with visa and work+study permit). We waited only 10min as there was no line-up of any sort. The officer gave us a paper that included our names and served as a refusal letter to enter US and to confirm that we indeed left Canada. He advised us to walk back to Canada in the same way we came. We did so.

At the Canadian border the a very friendly gate-officer asked couple of questions:
- How did you come here? (flagpoling, by walk, parked car in Duty Free Area by mistake)
- What do you do in Canada and where? (PhD student, teaching, etc)
- How much cash are you carrying with you? ($20 cad)
- Did you buy anything from duty free shop? (No)
- Are you carrying any goods from outside Canada or intend to bring soon? (No)
- Are you carrying any guns or explosives? (Noooo way)
Then we went inside the building. There was no line-up whatsoever. A desk-officer asked us the following questions:
- Is this address on CoPR correct and your current address (Yes)
- Were you ever refused to enter Canada or any other country (No)
- Were you ever convicted or arrested for any criminal charges (No)
- Do you have any other dependent who is over 18 y? (No)

As I assumed, the officer didn't ask for any document. We wanted show the marriage certificate, she said its not necessary. After 10-15min waiting she asked us to sign at the CoPR doc and congratulated us as a Canadian PR with giving us Canadian flags. Thats all! The whole process of landing took only 30-35min (10min at the US Customs, 10-15min at Canadian border, 10 min walk and back between two borders), I guess we were lucky to go there on a Monday evening. Although we were worried at the beginning, we found the overall landing process was pretty smooth for us. Perhaps it was a compensation for us for 14 months waiting precisely for the overall application process :)

Those who are still waiting for visa, hope you will receive your passport soon. Wish you a smooth landing!!

p.s. The car/parking issue... Initially wanted to park my car at the Peace Arch Park parking lot, which is only a 5min walk from the US Customs and Border office/entrance. I took the Beach Road exit and turned right at the Vancouver-Blaine Hwy, right prior to the border-crossing. However, I turned left at the Beach Road a few yards sooner and entered the Duty Free Shopping area parking by mistake, then immediately realized that I can't go back without puncturing my car tires -- it's an one-way entrance towards the US. If you're using this method landing, note that the the entrance to the Peace Arch Park parking lot and the entrance to the Duty Free Shopping area are only few meters apart and you should not enter the Duty Free Shopping area. Although this is a common mistake. Anyway, I decided to do the landing first and then deal with car issue. After I completed the landing process I explained the officer what happened, following the officer's advice, I drove the car towards US border, and fortunately, there was a U-turn right before the US border gates (you can call it "no man's land") that allowed us to re-enter Canada in our car without having to entering the US. At the Canadian border, the gate-officer recognized us. It took 1 min to cross the border.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hello Nightrain,

Congratulation! :)
nightrain said:
Hi folks,

After 10 days of waiting, I got my passport with visa today (18-01-2016) afternoon via Expresspost, and within few hours I did flagpol landing at the nearest US border (Douglas/Peace Arch POE, http://cbsa.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/405-eng.html) from Vancouver around 7PM. I called the CIC call centre beforehand to check if we could do an in-Canada landing only to learn after 40min waiting that it will take three weeks before CIC will contact me to discuss an appointment. I couldn't wait that long. So, here is my landing experience, if you're further interested:

I took my (and my wife's) CoPR, Passport, and Work permit & Study permit, (plus $20 cash and our marriage certificate, just in case) and literally nothing else. Because I called the CBSA (1-800-461-9999) upfront, an officer confirmed that in my case (since I've been living in Canada for six years in temporary visa) I need no other documents than those I mentioned above.

My daughter (who is already a Canadian citizen by birth), my wife and I walked from Peace Arch Duty Free Shopping area parking in Canada to the US Customs and Border office through a short but tricky walkway (I followed this link, which was extremely useful: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-experience-at-douglas-poe-peace-arch-park-t117956.0.html). Entering the US customs building I told the officer that we want to do flagpoling. The officer asked the following questions:
- Did you arrive by walking? (Yes) (I guess there's a fee involved if you enter the border by driving)
- Did you buy anything at the Duty Free? (No)
He didn't ask for any documents other than my passport (with visa and work+study permit). We waited only 10min as there was no line-up of any sort. The officer gave us a paper that included our names and served as a refusal letter to enter US and to confirm that we indeed left Canada. He advised us to walk back to Canada in the same way we came. We did so.

At the Canadian border the a very friendly gate-officer asked couple of questions:
- How did you come here? (flagpoling, by walk, parked car in Duty Free Area by mistake)
- What do you do in Canada and where? (PhD student, teaching, etc)
- How much cash are you carrying with you? ($20 cad)
- Did you buy anything from duty free shop? (No)
- Are you carrying any goods from outside Canada or intend to bring soon? (No)
- Are you carrying any guns or explosives? (Noooo way)
Then we went inside the building. There was no line-up whatsoever. A desk-officer asked us the following questions:
- Is this address on CoPR correct and your current address (Yes)
- Were you ever refused to enter Canada or any other country (No)
- Were you ever convicted or arrested for any criminal charges (No)
- Do you have any other dependent who is over 18 y? (No)

As I assumed, the officer didn't ask for any document. We wanted show the marriage certificate, she said its not necessary. After 10-15min waiting she asked us to sign at the CoPR doc and congratulated us as a Canadian PR with giving us Canadian flags. Thats all! The whole process of landing took only 30-35min (10min at the US Customs, 10-15min at Canadian border, 10 min walk and back between two borders), I guess we were lucky to go there on a Monday evening. Although we were worried at the beginning, we found the overall landing process was pretty smooth for us. Perhaps it was a compensation for us for 14 months waiting precisely for the overall application process :)

Those who are still waiting for visa, hope you will receive your passport soon. Wish you a smooth landing!!

p.s. The car/parking issue... Initially wanted to park my car at the Peace Arch Park parking lot, which is only a 5min walk from the US Customs and Border office/entrance. I took the Beach Road exit and turned right at the Vancouver-Blaine Hwy, right prior to the border-crossing. However, I turned left at the Beach Road a few yards sooner and entered the Duty Free Shopping area parking by mistake, then immediately realized that I can't go back without puncturing my car tires -- it's an one-way entrance towards the US. If you're using this method landing, note that the the entrance to the Peace Arch Park parking lot and the entrance to the Duty Free Shopping area are only few meters apart and you should not enter the Duty Free Shopping area. Although this is a common mistake. Anyway, I decided to do the landing first and then deal with car issue. After I completed the landing process I explained the officer what happened, following the officer's advice, I drove the car towards US border, and fortunately, there was a U-turn right before the US border gates (you can call it "no man's land") that allowed us to re-enter Canada in our car without having to entering the US. At the Canadian border, the gate-officer recognized us. It took 1 min to cross the border.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, in my copr I do not see any address (my address) mentioned. Is t fine?

Shuai618

May 4, 2015
As I mentioned yesterday, I went to Niagara fall for landing last night with my wife. The officer asked me to present proof of fund, since I am under FSW program. Apart from it, she just asked passport, confirmation letter, and drivers licence from both of us.

Hope you all have a smooth landing soon!

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I got my passport with visa and copr yesterday (18-01-2016) afternoon via Expresspost. This afternoon, I did flag-pol landing at the nearest US border (Douglas/Peace Arch POEl) from Vancouver. It was a very smooth experience and they just asked a few standard question without asking pof or even proof of address! The officer asked me to right down my mailing address on the CIC copy of copr and initial and sign both. Then he signed and stamped it and gave my copy back. He only asked for my work permit saying that as a PR I do not need it anymore. Finally, after applying for my pr card he said congratulate and welcome to canada and gave me a canadian flag. ;)
Also, he told me that error in original point of entry on copr doesn't matter. I would like to take a chance to thanks all of you for all your helps, thoughts and encouragements especially Diplomatru, pepe, farahnz, kamran, uwaterloo and my dear friend viva. It was a special moment in my life today and I wanted to share it with you. I wish all of you the best in your life.

Cheers

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
lavalsong said:
Hello Nightrain,

Congratulation! :)
Thank you, Lavalsong. Hope your turn will come up soon if you haven't landed yet.

Cheers to all

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
Congrats, Zorroo! Wish you all the best!

zorroo said:
Guys,

I got my passport with visa and copr yesterday (18-01-2016) afternoon via Expresspost. This afternoon, I did flag-pol landing at the nearest US border (Douglas/Peace Arch POEl) from Vancouver. It was a very smooth experience and they just asked a few standard question without asking pof or even proof of address! The officer asked me to right down my mailing address on the CIC copy of copr and initial and sign both. Then he signed and stamped it and gave my copy back. He only asked for my work permit saying that as a PR I do not need it anymore. Finally, after applying for my pr card he said congratulate and welcome to canada and gave me a canadian flag. ;)
Also, he told me that error in original point of entry on copr doesn't matter. I would like to take a chance to thanks all of you for all your helps, thoughts and encouragements especially Diplomatru, pepe, farahnz, kamran, uwaterloo and my dear friend viva. It was a special moment in my life today and I wanted to share it with you. I wish all of you the best in your life.

Cheers

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Congrats to the new landers ;)

Quick questions, what info is necessary to book an appointment for an in-office landing? Is it possible to book one say one month in advance? I received the RFV email but won't be able to send my passport until February as I'm travelling, but was wondering if I could expedite the landing process. (Don't have a car so flag-polling seems tricky)

Thanks!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espg_007 said:
Congrats to the new landers ;)

Quick questions, what info is necessary to book an appointment for an in-office landing? Is it possible to book one say one month in advance? I received the RFV email but won't be able to send my passport until February as I'm travelling, but was wondering if I could expedite the landing process. (Don't have a car so flag-polling seems tricky)

Thanks!
Rent a car, maybe?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nightrain said:
Congrats, Zorroo! Wish you all the best!
Thanks naightrain! Congrats to you s well. Wish you the best in whole of your life buddy ;)