+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thank you bro.

Guys, I was wondering yesterday why we are getting PPR so very randomly. I had no choice other than thinking that although I am sure all our files are in FSW Jan location they have been ordered alphabetically.

To confirm this is the case, I encourage everyone who got PPR lately to share the first letter of your family name.

Mine starts with F.

PLEASE other members who got PPR share it here.
An interesting theory. Let's collect more data to test it. I suggest to add the dates for PPR along with the last name; we need both IV and DV. Here is mine.

W Jan 12 2015

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
hi farahnz,

Would you mind to share your timeline with us?

farahnz said:
Hi,

I just found out that I have access to ECAS. I guess it got opened in the past few hours as I have been checking it constantly today.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am going to share my last night experience with you guys. It might be helpful for some of you!
I left Canada for a business trip after my landing, but before receiving my PR card. Yesterday I caught a flight to Canada, using my student visa (which is not valid after landing, but the airline did not know that I am already a landed immigrant, because simply I didn't tell them), and in the Toronto airport, I showed the officer my PR stamp in my passport and the proof of landing. The officer asked my where my pr card is, and I answered her that I haven't received it yet. As simple as that. Nothing more. took only 5 seconds to cross the border.
For those who have already landed, and going to travel out of Canada without the PR card, if your student/work visa is still valid, don't worry at all. You can return to Canada without any problem. Good luck everyone!

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you, vivi.

vivi said:
Hello Guys,

I am going to share my last night experience with you guys. It might be helpful for some of you!
I left Canada for a business trip after my landing, but before receiving my PR card. Yesterday I caught a flight to Canada, using my student visa (which is not valid after landing, but the airline did not know that I am already a landed immigrant, because simply I didn't tell them), and in the Toronto airport, I showed the officer my PR stamp in my passport and the proof of landing. The officer asked my where my pr card is, and I answered her that I haven't received it yet. As simple as that. Nothing more. took only 5 seconds to cross the border.
For those who have already landed, and going to travel out of Canada without the PR card, if your student/work visa is still valid, don't worry at all. You can return to Canada without any problem. Good luck everyone!

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
vivi said:
Hello Guys,

That removes one concern.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear all brothers and fellow aplicants

At 7:55PM eastern time today January 12, 2015 I have received the following email from CPC CTD Ottawa:

READY FOR VISA - PASSPORT REQUEST

You can't imagine how happy I am. I honestly wish everyone gets such good news either today or soon!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Pepe, you really deserved it. I wanted to give you +1 but it seems that I should wait for some more time. :)

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
richard1234 said:
Hi Guys,
Finally I received so-called PER today morning. Very strange is: They charged $1100 (for 2 person) on my credit card, but letter states $1000. It is their mistake for sure, but does it make any difference? Can I ignore it? or Report them.

Another question is: They did not quote visa office (other FSW class gets PER with name of visa office). Since we are applying on PhD stream, is CPC-Ottawa a visa office for all applicants?

Thanks.

Richard1234
Could you please share your time line ?

I am also waitong for per

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
vivi said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks vivi,

That's very helpful although I prefer to avoid travelling before recieving PR carr.

Good Luck

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your family name initial is W and you got PPR yesterday then my theory is no longer valid. Forget about this guys.

ichina said:
An interesting theory. Let's collect more data to test it. I suggest to add the dates for PPR along with the last name; we need both IV and DV. Here is mine.

W Jan 12 2015

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks viva2014. I just saw your post about GCMS notes. Were you able to order them for free? you have to choose under the privacy act and NOT under access to info.

Hope this helps!

Viva2014 said:
Congrats Pepe, you really deserved it. I wanted to give you +1 but it seems that I should wait for some more time. :)

m.samy

May 2, 2014
vivi said:
Hello Guys,

thanks for sharing but i believe that you were lucky becuase on the CIC website it clearly states that you should either have a travel document or a pr card.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
lavalsong said:
hi farahnz,

Would you mind to share your timeline with us?
Sure, App received date, oct 15th, charged date dec 19th

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
richard1234 said:
App. received 1 Oct.
cc charged: 15 Dec.
PER: 13 Jan
Congrats ..my application received on 6 oct.
And cc charged on 16 dec. Hopefully i will hear something soon :)

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Thank you farahnz :).

farahnz said:
Sure, App received date, oct 15th, charged date dec 19th