+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
aalm said:
Hi Sia,
Any change on your e-cas status? Did they received the medical results?
I did my medical on 25th. Still no update.
My status says they have my medical data. I did mine on the 24th. I think it was uploaded on the 1st. I sent them the docs they asked for on the 3rd. Waiting now...

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Are you in Toronto?
I sent the receipts via postal mail. I didn't e-mail them as they said in their website not to send same things via different means.
I will call my med officer tomorrow.

sia_kb8 said:
My status says they have my medical data. I did mine on the 24th. I think it was uploaded on the 1st. I sent them the docs they asked for on the 3rd. Waiting now...

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi all,

I was wondering in the application forms, if there is any place that we need to point out that we are applying under PhD stream?

The only place that I can find is IMM 0008 question 1 and 2: "Economic"-"Skilled Worker".

Thanks.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
chenying3612 said:
Hi all,

I was wondering in the application forms, if there is any place that we need to point out that we are applying under PhD stream?

The only place that I can find is IMM 0008 question 1 and 2: "Economic"-"Skilled Worker".

Thanks.
When you send your application you mentioned in the address which category you target. check this link (Mail the application)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
RA_toronto said:
My ecas now says "decision made". Details are:

"We received your application for permanent residence on September 12, 2013.
We started processing your application on July 31, 2014.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I haven't received the passport request yet though.
Hi RA_toronton,

My ecas is the same as you.

"We started processing your application on July 30, 2014.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I have not been contacted yet!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
civil656 said:
Hi RA_toronton,

My ecas is the same as you.

"We started processing your application on July 30, 2014.

I have not been contacted yet!
Wow, this is great. So when did you email them the docs they asked for? Or maybe you mailed them in?

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
I want to say thanks to the forum. It helped me a lot because without it I would never include magic "assist" to my reference letter.

I landed yesterday at Johnstown at 11 pm. It went smooth.

My timeline.
15th of July - did medical exam.
22nd of July - got medical received.
24th of July - was asked for a passport. Send it on Friday, 23 and got it back on the 5th of August.
5th of August - landed.

I wish the best for all of you guys!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
gleb said:
I want to say thanks to the forum. It helped me a lot because without it I would never include magic "assist" to my reference letter.

I landed yesterday at Johnstown at 11 pm. It went smooth.

My timeline.
15th of July - did medical exam.
22nd of July - got medical received.
24th of July - was asked for a passport. Send it on Friday, 23 and got it back on the 5th of August.
5th of August - landed.

I wish the best for all of you guys!
Hi Gleb,

Congratulations on your PR. You told me that you have ordered a new GCMS on late of July. As a kindly reminder, would you please share the the information about adaptability points when you receive that. Thank you

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
Wow, this is great. So when did you email them the docs they asked for? Or maybe you mailed them in?
I just asked for RPRF and I emailed them on July 23rd. I do not know why they do not send the passport request!

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi all,

I have a question about RA hours. I read through the forum and some seniors suggested claim RA hours up to 25 hours. Luckily my supervisor agreed to write like that.

However the hours stated on my pay stubs is 35~40 hours per week. I decided not to submit these pay stubs since they are not mandatory. The question here is whether the professor has the right to claim RA hours which is even different from HR and pay stubs?

Any ideas?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
chenying3612 said:
Hi all,

I have a question about RA hours. I read through the forum and some seniors suggested claim RA hours up to 25 hours. Luckily my supervisor agreed to write like that.

However the hours stated on my pay stubs is 35~40 hours per week. I decided not to submit these pay stubs since they are not mandatory. The question here is whether the professor has the right to claim RA hours which is even different from HR and pay stubs?

Any ideas?
Your supervisor is the only person who can say how many hours you spend helping him towards the projects other than your own PhD project. So he has the authority to write the number of hours different from the HR.

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
Hello everyone.

Sorry I am updating my info too late. As you can see from the tracker that my application was returned by sydney office just because one of the letter did not had university stamp on it. I just got that letter stamped and submitted same application again without any change and I got my medical last month.
This is my new info.
reapplied- October 2013
PER DEC 2013
Med request july 2014

All the best to everyone.

Best Regards
Sthind

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Sthind said:
Hello everyone.

Sorry I am updating my info too late. As you can see from the tracker that my application was returned by sydney office just because one of the letter did not had university stamp on it. I just got that letter stamped and submitted same application again without any change and I got my medical last month.
This is my new info.
reapplied- October 2013
PER DEC 2013
Med request july 2014

All the best to everyone.

Best Regards
Sthind
Hi,

Which letter did you forget to stamp? I just got the attestation letter stamped.

Cheers.