+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

eddypalmer

Apr 17, 2020
No I haven’t received ppr, I haven’t gotten pre arrival as well. Last update was that I should upload my baby documents, and I noticed my medical says passed July 2021 I was surprised. I’m not sure they have been issuing ppr because the group has been dry.
Hi @Adesewab ,
I am also in your current situation. Please will appreciate your feedback on the below .

1. When you contacted IRCC regarding new baby in the USA, what were the docs they specifically ask you to upload.
2. Did you also inform them to update your address on file from Nigeria to the USA. If yes, did you confirm address was changed ?
3. Did your medical on file expire ? if yes, was it automatically re-passed in July 2021 as stated .
4. What is your Visa Office ? Mine is in Sydney Nova Scotia.

Thank you.

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi @Adesewab ,
I am also in your current situation. Please will appreciate your feedback on the below .

1. When you contacted IRCC regarding new baby in the USA, what were the docs they specifically ask you to upload.
2. Did you also inform them to update your address on file from Nigeria to the USA. If yes, did you confirm address was changed ?
3. Did your medical on file expire ? if yes, was it automatically re-passed in July 2021 as stated .
4. What is your Visa Office ? Mine is in Sydney Nova Scotia.

Thank you.
1. I was asked to upload the following: birth certificate, valid international passport, passport photograph and upfront Medicals. I was also sent some forms to fill and payment link. They didn’t ask for updated statement of account but I included statement of account, because I don’t want that to be another reason for delay. I’ve been here for too long lol
2. I didn’t change my address because I am back in Nigeria.
3. yes, my Medicals expired and I did another one last year December which they never uploaded, I just woke up one morning and saw medical passes July 2021
4. My Vo Is accra and I’m Feb 2019.

eddypalmer

Apr 17, 2020
1. I was asked to upload the following: birth certificate, valid international passport, passport photograph and upfront Medicals. I was also sent some forms to fill and payment link. They didn’t ask for updated statement of account but I included statement of account, because I don’t want that to be another reason for delay. I’ve been here for too long lol
2. I didn’t change my address because I am back in Nigeria.
3. yes, my Medicals expired and I did another one last year December which they never uploaded, I just woke up one morning and saw medical passes July 2021
4. My Vo Is accra and I’m Feb 2019.
Thank you @Adesewab for your response. I appreciate your help. Best wishes. Cheers !

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Guys, I just had my passport renewed (it was nearing expiration). Now, how should I update this development in my application?
1. Do I raise a webform attaching the new passport?
2. Do I send an email to Accra informing them of the renewal?
3. Or should I wait until PPR, then add LOE with both the old and new passports and send across to them?

Note that, with Email, we're not allowed to attach any files whatsoever. So I cannot upload the passport, I can only write them with the details.

Secondly, they've not been responding to webform queries since forever now. It's just so sad and frustrating.

If anyone has had their passport renewed in the course of waiting for PPR, and has successfully had same updated in their application, please kindly guide me through this process.
Thank you in advance.

coldblood

Sep 9, 2021
Guys, I just had my passport renewed (it was nearing expiration). Now, how should I update this development in my application?
3. Or should I wait until PPR, then add LOE with both the old and new passports and send across to them?

Note that, with Email, we're not allowed to attach any files whatsoever. So I cannot upload the passport, I can only write them with the details.

Secondly, they've not been responding to webform queries since forever now. It's just so sad and frustrating.

If anyone has had their passport renewed in the course of waiting for PPR, and has successfully had same updated in their application, please kindly guide me through this process.
Thank you in advance.

1. raise webform to ircc and another to accra vo. two webforms. thats how i did mine last year.
2. you can try that as well.
3. dont let expired or nearly expired passport delay ppr. the office might send an adr for renewal of passport. just saying.

i added newborn and updated passport last year via webform using the steps i stated in number !

Reactions: Emprexx

coldblood

Sep 9, 2021
hello people,
VO accra
aor dec, 2019
family of 3
fsw-O PNP

this is my first time posting, though i read regularly.

i got remedical reqeust in dec, 2020 and was passed in jan, 2021. still yet to get ppr.

I got my notes two months ago, everything passed but no final approval remark.

Can they still ask for POF after all these?

so tired of keeping my life on hold!

Reactions: funmide

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
1. raise webform to ircc and another to accra vo. two webforms. thats how i did mine last year.
2. you can try that as well.
3. dont let expired or nearly expired passport delay ppr. the office might send an adr for renewal of passport. just saying.

i added newborn and updated passport last year via webform using the steps i stated in number !
Thank you. Will do that right away.

Hajimuktar

Oct 16, 2019
hello people,
VO accra
aor dec, 2019
family of 3
fsw-O PNP

this is my first time posting, though i read regularly.

i got remedical reqeust in dec, 2020 and was passed in jan, 2021. still yet to get ppr.

I got my notes two months ago, everything passed but no final approval remark.

Can they still ask for POF after all these?

so tired of keeping my life on hold!
Try as much as you can to keep your proof of funds intact till you land. Accra can be unpredictable.

Deyo

Aug 4, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
AOR Received.
3rd May, 2019

Thank you in advance.
Hello @Emprexx

I think you should send the new passport information to them by webform anyway. Don't worry about them responding or not. At least there will be a record that you sent it. And if they ask for it via ADR, you send it again.

Could you kindly confirm how long it took to get the passport. When you applied, when you captured and when you picked it up. And from which passport office.

TIA

VPG

Star Member
May 18, 2021

Thank you in advance.
Did you have already your recommended interview?

Reactions: Teacher I.T

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hello @Emprexx

I think you should send the new passport information to them by webform anyway. Don't worry about them responding or not. At least there will be a record that you sent it. And if they ask for it via ADR, you send it again.

Could you kindly confirm how long it took to get the passport. When you applied, when you captured and when you picked it up. And from which passport office.

TIA
It took me a little over a week or so - the whole process from capturing to pick up; can't recall correctly, but I'm sure it wasn't more than 2 weeks. However the new standard policy now says 6 weeks.
I did the renewal in August at Uyo office, Akwa Ibom state.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

siribrow

Feb 17, 2021
Hello Everyone

My file is in AVO... last gcms showed all criteria passed. I proactively did a remedical in February when some people stated that their passports were returned because they had less than 6months medical validity. However, the new medicals has not been updated on my profile. The previous medical that was meant to expire May 12, is still showing “May 26, 2020 You passed the medical exam”... i have been emailing and sending webforms to both AVO and HKVO since March attaching my medical info sheet.

However, i got this mail from HKVO yesterday
“This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao.

Please be aware that IRCC Hong Kong has completed the minor processing activity we were assigned on your file. IRCC Hong Kong is no longer involved in processing your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please re-send your enquiry to IRCC Accra.”

Has anyone gotten this reply from HKVO? If yes, have they requested and gotten gcms after this?
Also, why is my profile not showing that my previous medicals is expired? And what can i do to get my new medicals updated?
Hello. I recently got the same response from HK. Did your GCMS note indicate what the “minor processing” was? Especially if all criteria was passed for you.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hello. I recently got the same response from HK. Did your GCMS note indicate what the “minor processing” was? Especially if all criteria was passed for you.
I think the "minor processing" HK did was to request schedule 4.
Most people whose application was transferred from Accra to HK received a request for schedule 4. That request came from HK. After that, it was sent back to Accra.
At least that's what I've noticed from my note. File was transferred in Oct. 2020 and Schedule 4 was requested in Nov. 2020. But I obviously could be wrong.
Did you receive request for schedule 4?

siribrow

Feb 17, 2021
I think the "minor processing" HK did was to request schedule 4.
Most people whose application was transferred from Accra to HK received a request for schedule 4. That request came from HK. After that, it was sent back to Accra.
At least that's what I've noticed from my note. File was transferred in Oct. 2020 and Schedule 4 was requested in Nov. 2020. But I obviously could be wrong.
Did you receive request for schedule 4?
Thanks, I think it makes sense, cos i know someone else that HK requested for schedule 4. I am FSW not PNP so I am really confused what this minor processing will be from HK. Is it true schedule 4 request comes after eligibility is passed?

Reactions: Mike@2019