+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Has anyone from Accra VO received GCMS notes and found that their application has been approved?
In which case you know you're just waiting for PPR.
Some visa offices have approved applications from last year and are only waiting to send out PPR but I haven't seen Accra approving applications.
I just got my gcms note and I didn’t see approval, same old stuff. I just noticed this time some pages were blank

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
I just got my gcms note and I didn’t see approval, same old stuff. I just noticed this time some pages were blank
It might have been worked on. Check the last 10 pages, whats the date on the latest note? Do you see “officer” review on it?

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Has your new passport and remeds been updated now at least? And do you have an officers note?

The blank pages might have to be about your security.

GW007

May 22, 2020
For those that renewed their Nigerian International passport recently, what is the current process?.... did you simply go to the NIS website to apply for renewal and make payment or you still need to connect with an officer to expedite?...

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Has your new passport and remeds been updated now at least? And do you have an officers note?

The blank pages might have to be about your security.
Uploaded I wish, it hasn’t !! At this point I’m thinking I need to get a solicitor in Canada to help with my case. The fact that I can’t even contact them is annoying not with everything going on in Nigeria at the moment.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Uploaded I wish, it hasn’t !! At this point I’m thinking I need to get a solicitor in Canada to help with my case. The fact that I can’t even contact them is annoying not with everything going on in Nigeria at the moment.
I am surprised that your passport and remeds have not yet been updated.
Do not loose hope. Send them another web form with the documents and request them to update it. I know it's frustrating especially since you've sent them before. But there's nothing else you can do since we can't call Accra.

What date did you send the documents and what date were your GCMS notes generated? It could have been updated but not captured in the notes.

Oyinakin

Nov 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

So my spouse(PA) sent a webform to Accra VO last week, after being told by IRCC on phone that our application had been transfered there.

To my surprise we got a response on the webform today. Please see below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Immigration section at the Canadian High Commission in Ghana. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Canada continues to have travel restrictions in place. You would be contacted once a decision is made.

For more information on the travel restrictions in place, and to stay up to date on any changes, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Regards,

Can anyone make anything out of this? I was expecting something in the line of 'your application is in queue...' but this response clearly references the pandemic as delay as if that's what is preventing Final Approval.

Or am I the one overthinking it?

I won't mind anyone's thoughts on this.

Thank you

Last edited:

Nanos

Dec 7, 2020
Guys pls I’ll be submitting my passport to Accra for stamping through dhl. Regarding the consent form, do I indicate that I’m consenting for dhl to handle submission & collection? I’m confused about the page 3 consent for indirect submission part....pls clear me out @Bigman tunde @Bodokaaaaa

Also, must I fill a family info form again? Nothing changed in my family though

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

So my spouse(PA) sent a webform to Accra VO last week, after being told by IRCC on phone that our application had been transfered there.

To my surprise we got a response on the webform today. Please see below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Immigration section at the Canadian High Commission in Ghana. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Canada continues to have travel restrictions in place. You would be contacted once a decision is made.

For more information on the travel restrictions in place, and to stay up to date on any changes, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Regards,

Can anyone make anything out of this? I was expecting something in the line of 'your application is in queue...' but this response clearly references the pandemic as delay as if that's what is preventing Final Approval.

Or am I the one overthinking it?

I won't mind anyone's thoughts on this.

Thank you
please kindly explain why you were expecting this 'your application is in queue...' ?? what does that line up actually mean in line with an application stage it is in??

Oyinakin

Nov 9, 2020
please kindly explain why you were expecting this 'your application is in queue...' ?? what does that line up actually mean in line with an application stage it is in??
It was just on the basis of the negative reviews about Accra VO(generic webform response about application being in queue for review, no response to webform, very late response to webform etc).

Emman O.

Aug 5, 2020
Please are you FSW Outland? What's your AOR? When did you get PPR?
Guys pls I’ll be submitting my passport to Accra for stamping through dhl. Regarding the consent form, do I indicate that I’m consenting for dhl to handle submission & collection? I’m confused about the page 3 consent for indirect submission part....pls clear me out @Bigman tunde @Bodokaaaaa

Also, must I fill a family info form again? Nothing changed in my family though

MsWinnie

Nov 20, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
4-02-2020
I am surprised that your passport and remeds have not yet been updated.
Do not loose hope. Send them another web form with the documents and request them to update it. I know it's frustrating especially since you've sent them before. But there's nothing else you can do since we can't call Accra.

What date did you send the documents and what date were your GCMS notes generated? It could have been updated but not captured in the notes.
Hi Mike, me I sent my renewed passport together with my baby's documents in November. The GCMS notes I ordered in Dec which came in March showed that they have updated my passport but on my CIC account it still says the additional documents have been uploaded.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Beppy

Aug 17, 2019
Hello, I am unable to send webform to Accra. When i fill the details and click next. nothing happens, Please advise