+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Jn198

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019
My upfront re medical has just shown updated and passed on my CIC profile. Could that be a good sign?

OluPR

Jan 27, 2021
It is emotionally disturbing, I’m about to apply for a visa to have my baby in Canada because I don’t think I can keep waiting for a decision that doesn’t look like it will be made any time soon. No email response nothing at all, it’s emotionally draining.
Even reading this is depressing enough. 23 months???? You may have to call IRCC, email or raise a web form to the right people (Accra VO almost never replies) so you can know the current status.

If all these don't work then requesting a GCMS will definitely give you something. Hope you gain some traction on your application soon.

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Even reading this is depressing enough. 23 months???? You may have to call IRCC, email or raise a web form to the right people (Accra VO almost never replies) so you can know the current status.

If all these don't work then requesting a GCMS will definitely give you something. Hope you gain some traction on your application soon.
I have done everything, nothing seems to be waking them up on my application. My last gcms note in December showed no moment on my application for a year, they kept transferring my file up and down. I can’t wait to give my testimony when I’m finally approved because it’s a long wait

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
I have done everything, nothing seems to be waking them up on my application. My last gcms note in December showed no moment on my application for a year, they kept transferring my file up and down. I can’t wait to give my testimony when I’m finally approved because it’s a long wait
Minor delay not denial. Stay strong

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Have you tried sending a mail to Hong Kong? They've been quite helpful in providing updates and I think the mails somewhat spurs them to look at your file.

If you haven't, please do and see how it goes.

Also, the remedical, was it requested for or you did it at your discretion?.

Reactions: 5CS

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
My upfront re medical has just shown updated and passed on my CIC profile. Could that be a good sign?
Well, I'd say yes. I got PPR 20days after I passed remed. The people that got with me same day mostly passed their remed recently.

I hope it stays same for you. Good luck!

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah. But you just can't tell with these people. The part about my expired medicals was conveyed in a separate email response to the web form enquiry I made earlier this month.
Whereas the email response from Hong Kong said absolutely nothing about my medicals other than:

"In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong.

Currently, your file is:
· Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time."

I'm just tired. I already booked remedical for next month. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it.
I had that "under review" comment on the 24th of Dec 2020, but was advised to await further instructions. Remed forms dropped few mins after.

In your case, it could be your meds have been extended or will be extended since they require nothing from you.

Just know that a lot of people in my group got this same response and PPR came a week after, so just stay positive. The end is near.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I'm sorry you're going through these, but remember we're all in this together. We have to stay strong for ourselves and loved ones. And yes, like you've said, one day we'll tell our stories.

As @Joenelly had suggested, I think you should send I'm email to Hong Kong.

Are you EE or family sponsore? And did you see a RR in your earlier notes?

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Have you tried sending a mail to Hong Kong? They've been quite helpful in providing updates and I think the mails somewhat spurs them to look at your file.

If you haven't, please do and see how it goes.

Also, the remedical, was it requested for or you did it at your discretion?.
I did that last week, sadly no response

Reactions: Joenelly

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I'm sorry you're going through these, but remember we're all in this together. We have to stay strong for ourselves and loved ones. And yes, like you've said, one day we'll tell our stories.

As @Joenelly had suggested, I think you should send I'm email to Hong Kong.

Are you EE or family sponsore? And did you see a RR in your earlier notes?
I’m EE, and no RR the last time because they requested for ADR JULY 2019 and they are still reviewing it according to them.

SeyiCal

Nov 24, 2020
Lagos
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Dec. 2019
Well, I'd say yes. I got PPR 20days after I passed remed. The people that got with me same day mostly passed their remed recently.

I hope it stays same for you. Good luck!
My application is currently 13 months and counting. It has been approved since March last year according to the GCMS notes, "***OFFICER REVIEW*** APPLICATION APPROVED*** FOSS NAI, SATISFIED ALL REQUIREMENTS MET"

But I haven't heard anything from anyone since. I've requested like 3 more GCMS notes since then and nothing has changed. It's like they've forgotten I exist. My medicals expired last November. I don't know if it was extended. What is on my profile is "January 20, 2020 You passed the medical exam."

Should I get another medical?

Reactions: Joenelly