+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Joenelly

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I sent an email to AVO and HKVO on 14 Jan to enquire about my application.

I received an email from AVO yesterday, 28 Jan saying "Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made."

Then I received an email from IRCC today 29 Jan saying "We successfully received your document thank you."

Then another email today, 29 Jan. from HKVO saying "In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong. Currently, your file is: Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time."

I checked my account and Review of additional documents changed from Not Applicable to The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
I'm guessing this is the schedule 4 most of us submitted in Nov 2020. It's crazy that since Nov, it's only being uploaded now. We may have to wait again for it to be reviewed.
Well, at least there's movement. Expecting my notes in March because of the 90 days extension.
PPR is close, Mike.

Got the acknowledgement on the 8th, additional document changed to " we're reviewing........and PPR finally came yesterday.

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020

I received an email from AVO yesterday, 28 Jan saying "Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made."

Then I received an email from IRCC today 29 Jan saying "We successfully received your document thank you."

Then another email today, 29 Jan. from HKVO saying "In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong. Currently, your file is: Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time."

I checked my account and Review of additional documents changed from Not Applicable to The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
I'm guessing this is the schedule 4 most of us submitted in Nov 2020. It's crazy that since Nov, it's only being uploaded now. We may have to wait again for it to be reviewed.
Well, at least there's movement. Expecting my notes in March because of the 90 days extension.
IRCC is recruiting case processing officers and others so the speed for applications would be back to normal soon. Most of them will be working remotely.

Last edited:
Reactions: doug87z and Rehab

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019

That's the exact same response they gave me.
They stated that:
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

· The background verifications are not in process yet.

· The medical examination results on file are currently expired. The responsible office will contact you if further medical exams are required.

There was also a clause that read :
"Please refrain from sending additional e-mails. Migration Offices have limited resources. Reviewing repeated enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, adding to processing times. We will contact you if we require further information."

Subtle warning much? Perhaps!
They didn't answer my enquiry about whether I should do remedical or not. They only said it has expired. Now I'm even more confused.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
They stated that:
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

· The medical examination results on file are currently expired. The responsible office will contact you if further medical exams are required.

"Please refrain from sending additional e-mails. Migration Offices have limited resources. Reviewing repeated enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, adding to processing times. We will contact you if we require further information."

They didn't answer my enquiry about whether I should do remedical or not. They only said it has expired. Now I'm even more confused.
I know it's crazy.

GW007

May 22, 2020
They stated that:

But in their response you posted, it's clearly stated that "The responsible office will contact you if further medical exams are required"...

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
So I just spoke to my friend after watching her Snapchat. She landed with her husband last week before these new measures announced yesterday. She said it’s the airlines that are really enforcing the travel restrictions for Post Mar 18 CoPR. She said they booked on Ethiopian airlines who let them board. She said passing through the border was no hassle. Now I guess after yesterday’s announcements we have to wait to see if any one passes without hassle.

Last edited:

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
But in their response you posted, it's clearly stated that "The responsible office will contact you if further medical exams are required"...
Yeah. But you just can't tell with these people. The part about my expired medicals was conveyed in a separate email response to the web form enquiry I made earlier this month.
Whereas the email response from Hong Kong said absolutely nothing about my medicals other than:

"In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong.

Currently, your file is:
· Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time."

I'm just tired. I already booked remedical for next month. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Reactions: Mike@2019

GW007

May 22, 2020
I got ghost update few days ago and noticed that my Background check changed from "We are processing your background check. We shall contact you if we need more information" (which has been the message for months) to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"..
Anyone with similar experience to clarify this change?

Reactions: Rehab and nns14

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I’m so tired of this process, I uploaded my new passport since may last year It has not been updated. Uploaded remed dec 2020 not updated on my profile to, I’ve been waiting for 23months this is really crazy !

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
It is emotionally disturbing, I’m about to apply for a visa to have my baby in Canada because I don’t think I can keep waiting for a decision that doesn’t look like it will be made any time soon. No email response nothing at all, it’s emotionally draining.