AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
I strongly disagree... You can send your passport to any VO. and take note: the reason why you are advised to avoid ACCRA or VFS Lagos is because they take far too long time to process. just like they take time to process PPR.

I have friends who have sent passport to Accra since 22nd October. They are still waiting for their passports.
Do you also have friends who have successfully sent their passports outside Africa? We have to be careful, some people post opinions to look like facts. The reason our applications are spread around different visa offices is load sharing. No one wants any visa office overwhelmed with work. Just saying. I do not know this for a fact

kal-el84

Dec 1, 2020
Guys, your visa (or counterfoil) may be stamped anywhere in the world. VFS or VACs are only responsible for transmitting your passport(s) to IRCC. If you check your passport request letter, it didn't say you MUST submit to Lagos or Accra VAC. The originator of the email only advised you to pls note that there may be delays in certain VACs because of number of requests and the fact that COVID-19 has affected staff strength.

I will strongly advise that you do not quote me. This is my personal opinion and not that of any VAC or IRCC. So, if you choose to take the risk of sending your passport(s) to whether London/ Singapore/ S.A. VFS center, the choice is entirely yours. Make sure you do your findings, get the facts right, avoid speculation or hear-say (especially from online portals) and if in doubt, find out from IRCC.

Shalom...

mikelfab

Oct 17, 2019
Do you also have friends who sent their passports to other VO and got them stamped?
I am in agreement with the others above. We we wait it out with Accra!
A guy from Nigeria sent his passport to London VO and got it back in 3 weeks. Not everyone who sent their passport to Accra got processed from their. Several from Sydney, Nova Scotia, HongKong, etc. and they sent it to Accra. if you were in Dubai at the time you got your PPR, you will send it to Dubai VFS. so it's not cast in stone.

Adesewab

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Finally guys I got PPR... I'm still in shock. The wait wasn't easy... I thank God for victory at last...

Please for those yet to send their passports out for visa, AVOID ACCRA OR VFS LAGOS.... I read on another platform that ppl are sending their passports to London VO, and visa is issued within a week... If you can, please send to them and avoid anything Africa
Congratulations, please what’s your AOR ?

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
A guy from Nigeria sent his passport to London VO and got it back in 3 weeks. Not everyone who sent their passport to Accra got processed from their. Several from Sydney, Nova Scotia, HongKong, etc. and they sent it to Accra. if you were in Dubai at the time you got your PPR, you will send it to Dubai VFS. so it's not cast in stone.
If you're in dubai and dropping off in the dubai VFS is totally different from mailing your passport from lagos to the VFS in dubai. most especially if you didn't get a request letter from them or got prior approval to mail it them after a VO change.

Reactions: Rehab

GW007

May 22, 2020
If you're in dubai and dropping off in the dubai VFS is totally different from mailing your passport from lagos to the VFS in dubai. most especially if you didn't get a request letter from them or got prior approval to mail it them after a VO change.
We should put things in proper perspective to avoid confusion. Normally, on getting passport request, you are to send to the local VO covering your place of residence. This is one of the reasons IRCC requires applicants to always inform them of change of address or country of residence prior to finalizing an application....if someone from Nigeria sends to London VO for instance, they may treat on the assumption that the applicant was possibly visiting London at the time of getting PPR....but the expectation from IRCC is for applicants to send passport to local VO....

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Good morning seniors.
I am having issue with payment of my application fee and RFPR. It keeps declining. I'm using Zenith Bank Naira Master Card. Any advice?

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Good morning seniors.
I am having issue with payment of my application fee and RFPR. It keeps declining. I'm using Zenith Bank Naira Master Card. Any advice?
That's because Zenith bank has a $100/month limit on international spending on its Naira Cards just like most banks in Nigeria right now. Get a dollar card and fund it

Reactions: Niyiid

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
That's because Zenith bank has a $100/month limit on international spending on its Naira Cards just like most banks in Nigeria right now. Get a dollar card and fund it
Wao... OK. But how do I convert my naira to dollar without going through the black market?

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I got an update today on my application profile. My REVIEW OF MEDICAL RESULTS: changed from "passed medical on 24th January" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Any ideas what this could mean for my application?

5CS

Dec 15, 2020
I have one month to submit my passport and that of my family, my time will elapse January 3, 2021.
Unfortunately I submitted my passport for British Visa on 13th November 2020 and yet to receive it.
I have asked that my passport be returned immediately but was told it will come after another 15working days if I decide to withdraw my application which is past my one month submission time.
Please can I have advise on what to do? Though I have decided to submit passports of my family and include a letter explaining that I will send in my international passport as soon as I get it.

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
I have one month to submit my passport and that of my family, my time will elapse January 3, 2021.
Unfortunately I submitted my passport for British Visa on 13th November 2020 and yet to receive it.
I have asked that my passport be returned immediately but was told it will come after another 15working days if I decide to withdraw my application which is past my one month submission time.
Please can I have advise on what to do? Though I have decided to submit passports of my family and include a letter explaining that I will send in my international passport as soon as I get it.
I was literally in this situation. I submitted my passport at TLS and the same day in the evening I got PPR. I allowed the UK application processing time elapse and on the 14th working day, I emailed the UKVI informing them of the situation and also requested a status on my application. I was informed the next day a decision had been made and TLS would return my passport to me. I got my passport back from TLS the day after my email to the UKVI and submitted it to VFS via DHL the same day. From your submission date it appears yours has taken a while because I submitted on the 23rd. So I would say your best bet would have been to reach out to IRCC for an extension which they usually grant. But since you say you have submitted your family’s passport and included the letter I’m not too sure. Who is the principal applicant in your application?

5CS

Dec 15, 2020
I was literally in this situation. I submitted my passport at TLS and the same day in the evening I got PPR. I allowed the UK application processing time elapse and on the 14th working day, I emailed the UKVI informing them of the situation and also requested a status on my application. I was informed the next day a decision had been made and TLS would return my passport to me. I got my passport back from TLS the day after my email to the UKVI and submitted it to VFS via DHL the same day. From your submission date it appears yours has taken a while because I submitted on the 23rd. So I would say your best bet would have been to reach out to IRCC for an extension which they usually grant. But since you say you have submitted your family’s passport and included the letter I’m not too sure. Who is the principal applicant in your application?
I am the principal applicant and have not yet submitted.