London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
I notice most of people here are from nigeria? I am an expat in Nigeria and I sent my passport to accra through DHL. I enclosed a waybill in it. Does this still work? Thanks in advance
When did this happen? Did you follow the instructions in the mail? From May 2018 passports were to be sent for visa issuance only through VFS. But new reports have it that as at 4 November 2019 visa issuance is now done in Lagos though you'd still have to submit your passport through VFS

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
Well i sent it on november 13. It was not in the PPR mail from accra. I heavily relied on the PPR mail from abu dhabi thinking that processes are the same for all visa offices. Also, to answer your question, there were no instructions which said the passport should be sent only through VFS. This is what it says exactly.

As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted visa the VAC. Please see http://www..vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the "passport transmission seevices" section.

I click on the link and choose Nigeria. I cant see passport transmission services anywhere. What do you think will happen? Will accra return my passport?

When did this happen? Did you follow the instructions in the mail? From May 2018 passports were to be sent for visa issuance only through VFS. But new reports have it that as at 4 November 2019 visa issuance is now done in Lagos though you'd still have to submit your passport through VFS

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted visa the VAC. Please see http://www..vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the "passport transmission seevices" section.
Well this is the part containing instructions to use a VAC which in Nigeria is only VFS.

Can you contact the courier company to find out if the passport has been successfully delivered? Also raise a CSE and mail AVO explaining the error, and/ further instructions. Hopefully they'll respond

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
According to the DHL tracker, the package will reach accra visa office on Monday. I in fact sent an email both to accra VO and ottawa, and also raised a webform. Is CSE the same with webform? If not please let me know how to raise the CSE. Also, is the email of AVO accra@international.gc.ca?

If it is not too much and if you are familiar with the VFS nigeria, can you lead me to the part where it says passport submission services? Thanks in advance

Well this is the part containing instructions to use a VAC which in Nigeria is only VFS.

Can you contact the courier company to find out if the passport has been successfully delivered? Also raise a CSE and mail AVO explaining the error, and/ further instructions. Hopefully they'll respond

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Lagos
The Manor, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

Abuja
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District, Abuja -Nigeria

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
Lagos
The Manor, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

Abuja
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District, Abuja -Nigeria
Thanks. So you think they'll really return my passport? I guess ill have to wait if indeed they will return the passport. Though i hope they wont. I have yet to obtain my work visa here in Kano so my passport is also needed back soon. I fervently wish they will consider my way of sending the passport through courier. Ive been here in nigeria for less than a week, and I asked some people here if I can go to abuja but they vehemently oppose the idea. I dont know why. ‍♂

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
Thanks. So you think they'll really return my passport? I guess ill have to wait if indeed they will return the passport. Though i hope they wont. I have yet to obtain my work visa here in Kano so my passport is also needed back soon. I fervently wish they will consider my way of sending the passport through courier. Ive been here in nigeria for less than a week, and I asked some people here if I can go to abuja but they vehemently oppose the idea. I dont know why. ‍♂
Have you gotten any feedback?

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
Nope i am afraid. none at all. though it states in the DHL tracking that it was received in accra in the morning of Nov 18. no update in my cic account as well. do you think i should bother sending them an email? or CSE? since my last CSE and email to accra visa office and ottawa over the weekend, no updates have been provided.

Have you gotten any feedback?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where can I get this information?

Last edited:

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
Good question. When I called Lagos VFS I failed to ask that but the Customer Service said the only way is through them. And when you click the link they sent and choose Nigeria, I can hardly find that part. I hired a friend to look for it, to no avail.

Edigin

Sep 13, 2019
gud evening all! I received this mail fro. IRCC yesterday

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that yourapplication is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Does it mean ppr is closed by.

Elge

Sep 16, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
AOR Received.
23-02-2018
File Transfer...
15-03-2018
I can't find it anywhere, it was feedback from 2 people who had to submit their passports within the past 1 week. They were told specifically at VFS. Although I noticed the passport transmission fees at VFS has reduced by almost 50%

Celwinster

May 30, 2019
really? did those two people do the right thing of sending their passport to VFS? it's the 4th day that AVO has my passport and no advice, update and even changes in my cic account. I checked the return airway bill but it has not been utilized. ill give it two weeks. Coz the immigration office of nigeria would also need my passport. what do you think?

I can't find it anywhere, it was feedback from 2 people who had to submit their passports within the past 1 week. They were told specifically at VFS. Although I noticed the passport transmission fees at VFS has reduced by almost 50%

Acumen88

Dec 15, 2018
Hi all, my file got transferred to AVO since late August/early September, don't know the exact date. I am an April AOR, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I added spouse, and that was the reason for the transfer. I have raised CSE and it reads that my file is in queue for review. How long do I have to wait as AVO has given a strong dead silence since then.