+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Olufemi78

Jan 14, 2016
It usually comes with your PPR, if its not there call IRCC asap or send you visa a mail
I sent to Ottawa 3 week ago. They are yet to get back to me. I sent to Accra a few days before and they asked me to send my documents to them. I got my Appproval on GC Key yesterday though. Almost a month after submitting. I guess that means it should have been Accra?

Dupsyola

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please how do you know what visa office to send your passports to? I was suprised when I learnt from a colleague today that some people sent their passports directly to Ottawa. My PPR mail didnt specify loaction. Just said either through courier or VFS service. I called VFS to ask where they will send my apssport to if I submitted at their offivce and their staff told me it was Accra.
Passport is usually sent to the visa office that sent you the PPR mail. Their address will also be on your PPR letter. In my case London visa office processed my application but i received my PPR via Accra visa office so passport was sent to accra. Just after one week i received passport pickup mail

Dupsyola

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds wired, however i would advice you ask DHL to re confirm with AVO
The problem was that i printed the pickup mail without the mail subject which contains my application reference. So Accra refuse to oblige DHL pickup authority. Lessons for all, give a copy of the pickup mail to your courier service provider.

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
Reactions: 4RyL

Olufemi78

Jan 14, 2016
Passport is usually sent to the visa office that sent you the PPR mail. Their address will also be on your PPR letter. In my case London visa office processed my application but i received my PPR via Accra visa office so passport was sent to accra. Just after one week i received passport pickup mail

My PPR letter just read;

Government of Canada
High Commission of Canada

Also said I should use either courier or VFS Ghana. Also stated that applicants in Nigeria could use VFS Lagos.

Got GC Key Approval yesterday after a month of submitting to Accra. Does that mean Accra was my visa office?

Dupsyola

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PPR letter just read;

Government of Canada
High Commission of Canada

Also said I should use either courier or VFS Ghana. Also stated that applicants in Nigeria could use VFS Lagos.

Got GC Key Approval yesterday after a month of submitting to Accra. Does that mean Accra was my visa office?
Your secondary visa office i guess. Since you have sent to Accra and got approve on my CIC then i assume you are good to go. Just wait for your pickup mail. It seems using courier makes the processing faster. I got pickup mail just after a week.

Reactions: blingyrie

osazee64

Jan 28, 2014
Hey guys what's the procedure for sending spouse passport to vfs in Nigeria, I have already submitted mine to Ottawa. Kindly assist guys..

Olufemi78

Jan 14, 2016
Your secondary visa office i guess. Since you have sent to Accra and got approve on my CIC then i assume you are good to go. Just wait for your pickup mail. It seems using courier makes the processing faster. I got pickup mail just after a week.

Thanks a lot. The last line of my application details om my CIC profile reads thus;

"Final Decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details"

However, there is no new message in my CIC inbox. Is this the same for you too and is the message supposed to be the pick up mail?

Thanks.

Jugzy

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
VFS is a very long route to send passports through. In fact I regret using them. I sent my passports on the 22nd of June to Accra through VFS. When I logged into my account yesterday and it wasn't approved I called CIC in Canada. Lo and behold, I was told my passport was delivered to Accra on the 4th of July. I didn't believe my ears. I was shocked and humbled .

Please don't ever send your passport through VFS, DHL is a better option. I ld shout it from the roof tops if I can .
@Managerchap, as you application changed to approved in my CIC account? I can see you used VFS too

wow one week ? maybe i should have sentr mine via DHL. I used VFS and till now no pick up email yet.

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VFS is a very long route to send passports through. In fact I regret using them. I sent my passports on the 22nd of June to Accra through VFS. When I logged into my account yesterday and it wasn't approved I called CIC in Canada. Lo and behold, I was told my passport was delivered to Accra on the 4th of July. I didn't believe my ears. I was shocked and humbled .

Please don't ever send your passport through VFS, DHL is a better option. I ld shout it from the roof tops if I can .
@Managerchap, as you application changed to approved in my CIC account? I can see you used VFS too
No change yet ooo . Wish I had sent via DHL