Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here- awaiting pum

gimmyle said:
Hi All,
I thought this would be of great help for people waiting for pum. Please wait no more and act. Once your application is closed and approved, wait for a week if nothing,get your courier to initiate schedule pickup on their system . By that, they will notify local courier about it. But you also needs to monitor local courier to ensure they follow it .
In my case, application was closed and approved but no pum. So I wrote embassy no reply. Called ups they in Ghana went to embassy but were told they can't give the parcel without a letter from Ups .so, I decided to call the ups international service in US to initiate the schedule pickup .after battling on phone for two days, they eventually did it and pp was picked still on transit and no pum till date.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sherifat

May 10, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Re: Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here- awaiting pum

gimmyle said:
Hi All,
I thought this would be of great help for people waiting for pum. Please wait no more and act. Once your application is closed and approved, wait for a week if nothing,get your courier to initiate schedule pickup on their system . By that, they will notify local courier about it. But you also needs to monitor local courier to ensure they follow it .
In my case, application was closed and approved but no pum. So I wrote embassy no reply. Called ups they in Ghana went to embassy but were told they can't give the parcel without a letter from Ups .so, I decided to call the ups international service in US to initiate the schedule pickup .after battling on phone for two days, they eventually did it and pp was picked still on transit and no pum till date.
Thank you for sharing.

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
xls said:
Very true but the airline issue is far higher than the 49% you quoted. I booked my flight with emirate last month for 250k before the loss of my passport. I am checking right now, planning to reschedule. There are no spaces till September on emirate and the price then (in September) says 1.2M. Yes you heard me, 1.2M just enter the site and check.

Trying other airlines, KLM is going for about $6k, Lufthansa about $5k, do the conversion.

Well I don't want to bother my head till I get my passport back.
Indeed, the cost of the ticket has really skyrocketted. Last week I got 1.25million for a family of 2.5, by the next morning it was 2.3million and within hours there was no available seat anymore. We are now at a dilemma. Egyptair is cheap but not a choice for us.

Do you guys know of any available options? Thanks

Sherifat

May 10, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Good day everyone,

I received pick up mail today (my husband was also copied in the mail). Our application was approved and closed yesterday. We should initiate the pick up with a courier company tomorrow by God's grace.

All the best to everyone waiting for an update or the other.

sj_naija

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Nebs said:
Indeed, the cost of the ticket has really skyrocketted. Last week I got 1.25million for a family of 2.5, by the next morning it was 2.3million and within hours there was no available seat anymore. We are now at a dilemma. Egyptair is cheap but not a choice for us.

We are in the same dilemma. U can try Turkish airlines, they have a good package for September. Good airline I heard, but scared of the airport. :D. And flight is to Toronto. U can then book westjet or air Canada. In all good deal. Ethiopian air on the other hand is around 1. Something for your family size. See both airlines ASAP, as dollar as at this morning officially is N283

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nebs said:

Check Ethiopian and turkish airlines, I planned using any of them.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sherifat said:
Good day everyone,

I received pick up mail today (my husband was also copied in the mail). Our application was approved and closed yesterday. We should initiate the pick up with a courier company tomorrow by God's grace.

All the best to everyone waiting for an update or the other.
Hello Sharifat,

Congratulation!!! At most by monday you should receive your passport and CORP.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello House,

Thanks you all for the supports and feedback, I can see there is progress from the attached screenshot sent today by rep. (The Review of submitted documents part that used to show,,We need additional documents from the applicant, is now showing=PROVIDED), also response from Accra visa office today is positive (application is being processed and will contact you once the passports are ready), Hopefully before the week runs out our application will be approved and close, and we get pick up letter.

Regards.

sj_naija

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Aroms said:
Hello House,

Thanks you all for the supports and feedback, I can see there is progress from the attached screenshot sent today by rep. (The Review of submitted documents part that used to show,,We need additional documents from the applicant, is now showing=PROVIDED), also response from Accra visa office today is positive (application is being processed and will contact you once the passports are ready), Hopefully before the week runs out our application will be approved and close, and we get pick up letter.

Regards.

Congrats bro. This is great news, which will definitely end well.

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
sj_naija said:
We are in the same dilemma. U can try Turkish airlines, they have a good package for September. Good airline I heard, but scared of the airport. :D. And flight is to Toronto. U can then book westjet or air Canada. In all good deal. Ethiopian air on the other hand is around 1. Something for your family size. See both airlines ASAP, as dollar as at this morning officially is N283
Thank you sj_naija and Aroms. I have checked and Ethiopian air seems better

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Aroms said:
Hello House,

Regards.
Congratulations

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
I received this today too.

Hello,

If you don’t find the passport, you must submit a new one, with a police report and application for replacement of an immigration document. Please visit our website for detailed information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=045&top=12

Regards

Response to mail I sent immediately the incident occurred a month ago.
1. Does it mean they haven't opened the package I sent 2 weeks ago containing the new passport? Someone at the office signed for it.
2. The application for replacement of an immigration document is for already landed PR. This is evident in the information requested in the form. (Date of landing, Port of Entry, Canadian address, etc)

Really don't know the next step to take.

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
xls said:
I received this today too.

Hello,

If you don’t find the passport, you must submit a new one, with a police report and application for replacement of an immigration document. Please visit our website for detailed information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=045&top=12

Regards

Response to mail I sent immediately the incident occurred a month ago.
1. Does it mean they haven't opened the package I sent 2 weeks ago containing the new passport? Someone at the office signed for it.
2. The application for replacement of an immigration document is for already landed PR. This is evident in the information requested in the form. (Date of landing, Port of Entry, Canadian address, etc)

Really don't know the next step to take.
I think you should send a mail to AVO ad Ottawa and also raise a CSE immediately. Don't worry, it will end in praise

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
Nebs said:
I think you should send a mail to AVO ad Ottawa and also raise a CSE immediately. Don't worry, it will end in praise
I agree. If possible tout could also call cic to confirm whether what you've done so far is the right procedure.

We are praying with you bro. It must end in praise. God be with you.

Sherifat

May 10, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Aroms said:
Hello Sharifat,

Congratulation!!! At most by monday you should receive your passport and CORP.
Thank you Aroms.