Please what banks do PTA

hezeb

Jan 4, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Hello Family,

I'm still expecting pick up mail but I got an update on mycic yesterday. They have changed the status of my application to Approved.

Please if anyone knows how I can get an affordable ticket to Edmonton that will be much appreciated.
Lucky you, Abby. No update on status yet.

Tickets are a nightmare right now, because of the Naira's rapid erosion of value.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xls said:
Guys,

How are you all doing? I see so many new things coming from AVO. I don't know if to call it innovation. Lol! But the session with IOM is quite interesting. I attended in Lagos (not requested by cic or anyone, just felt like)

As per my lost passport, still trying to get a replacement passport which can only be issued by immigration HQ in Abuja. AVO still haven't replied email, but I called cic call centre and was told to send my new passport, COPR, police report and an explanation letter to the issuing VO (Accra).

So will do that immediately I get the new passport, hopefully this week. I have had to cancel my flight and leave it open. Was scheduled to land this week. Well everything happens for a reason.
@XLS I'm happy for the new development, the request for new passport, COPR, police report and an explanation letter. This great. hope to hear the good news soon.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hezeb said:
Yeah...I think all of this is quite normal. Expect to get your pick-up mail in the next couple of days. I can infer that they batch process visas and issue to all in the batch. Got the invitation to the IOM session too.
@hezeb, please when did you send you passport to AVO?

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hezeb said:
Good to know you are making progress with getting a new visa issued, @XLS. Hopefully, you can come out of this with not much bruise than the lesson learnt. If I were you though, I would treat that account officer with more than the usual dose of suspicion going forward.

For those waiting for visa and intent on getting PTA, do note that your account officer DOES NOT need to keep your passport to process PTA on your behalf. They can sight the original and make a photocopy.

I can only imagine how much trouble XLS has been through because of an account officer that is at best careless and irresponsible, and at worst a thief.
@hezeb, thanks for this information and word of wisdom, Please house lets take it with all seriousness.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Hello Family,

I'm still expecting pick up mail but I got an update on mycic yesterday. They have changed the status of my application to Approved.

Please if anyone knows how I can get an affordable ticket to Edmonton that will be much appreciated.
Congrats man!!!

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Hello Family,

@Aby444, Ethiopian Airline and Emirates are the cheapest so far.

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
papapsi said:
Aroms let me know if you need further information. In my experience it will take about 15 days to get a response. All the best. I think you're very close to the finish line.
@Papapsi, Nothing yet ohhh.

Sherifat

May 10, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Good day everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has one good news or the other.

@XLS, good to hear your positive feedback about your lost passport. May God perfect it.

Please what is PTA and what does it entail?

I had reported my application status on a forum here on May 11th. I just found out about this thread not to long ago. Anyway, I thank everyone in this wonderful group for all your contributions, feedback and assistance. Thank you so much.

Below are my timelines and update:

Number of people in application: 4 (couple and 2 children)

Nationality: Nigerian

Visa Office: Ghana

Application type: PNP (Nova Scotia), Outland

AOR: 26th of January, 2016

RPPR (permanent residence fee request) plus other docs and PPR: 10th May, 2016

Fees paid and Passport sent: May 17th and it was received in Ghana on May 19th

Background check changed to 'In Progress' with a ghost email notification: Today June 1st (great starter for the month )

The time gap between AOR and RPPR/PPR is 3 months and 2 weeks

The time gap between RPPR/PPR submission and Background check to in progress is 13 days almost 2 weeks

In all, the gap between AOR and now is 4 months 2 weeks and 6 days: January 26 - June 1, 2016 (though 1 week delay came from our end of submitting our passports)

So I guess we can be hopeful of getting an affirmative response soon after all by God's grace. So please what's the next thing we should expect?

I would humbly encourage everyone else waiting to be hopeful and exercise a little more patience. I understand how waiting could be tough. Our efforts shall be crown with success by God's grace.

All the best people

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Aby444 said:
Please what banks do PTA
My dear, the quest for PTA led to the loss of my passport. Be careful pls.

Cyclupsj

Jan 16, 2016
good to hear from you @sherifat. You were nominated on the demand express entry stream, I guess. it's like we are in the same boat. As per the same province, same programme and same country of nationality. My AOR is on the 7th of April, could you please elaborate on the additional documents CIC asked from you, and how the whole process went till u were requested to submit PPR, I was thinking that within 2 months, one should be able to get PPR, because it's PNP, considering the number of months(10) it took to get Nomination from Nova Scotia.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
hezeb said:
Good to know you are making progress with getting a new visa issued, @XLS. Hopefully, you can come out of this with not much bruise than the lesson learnt. If I were you though, I would treat that account officer with more than the usual dose of suspicion going forward.

For those waiting for visa and intent on getting PTA, do note that your account officer DOES NOT need to keep your passport to process PTA on your behalf. They can sight the original and make a photocopy.

I can only imagine how much trouble XLS has been through because of an account officer that is at best careless and irresponsible, and at worst a thief.
Not just sighting and photocopying the bank said they will have to stamp the passport on receive of the PTA. With the wahale I have been thru in the last week for a maximum of $4k, I would have gone to black market.

Sherifat

May 10, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Cyclupsj said:
good to hear from you @sherifat. You were nominated on the demand express entry stream, I guess. it's like we are in the same boat. As per the same province, same programme and same country of nationality. My AOR is on the 7th of April, could you please elaborate on the additional documents CIC asked from you, and how the whole process went till u were requested to submit PPR, I was thinking that within 2 months, one should be able to get PPR, because it's PNP, considering the number of months(10) it took to get Nomination from Nova Scotia.
Hi Cyclups,

Yes I was nominated on the demand express entry stream.

My AOR is Jan 26, was asked to submit province nominee form 2 days after then (Jan 28), I didn't hear from CIC till May 10th, when we were asked to pay RPRF, re-submit schedule background forms, additional family forms, passport photographs and submit international passports.

All other things that have transpired so far are contained in my earlier post.

CIC says 6 months, so I guess it's best to plan around that time frame, so if it comes before then, the better so one doesn't develop high BP if it doesn't come before 6 months. I have passed the 4 months mark since May 26th already.

Indeed, my Nova Scotia nomination came after almost 8 months.

All the best to us all.