13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
eski said:
Papasi you should have gotten an ITA today. ...congratulations. ...i hope you are ready.
Guys i wanted to ask....what's the longest time i should wait before contacting Accra abt my passport. It was delivered on the 22nd and nothing since then. ...i must admit i don't know what to think
[/quote

I did. I'm so excited but the journey has only began. Thank God and thank you all.

I'll need to tap on your experiences

saskmydream

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
ayodele2107 said:
Landed at Toronto Pearson via Emirates 4pm local time Monday 4th.Landing seamless.No POF related questions.Just Landing card declarations.If you are landing please ensure you give enough time between your connecting flights as queue at Border control was out of the world.Maybe cos of Emirates almost 700-capacity Air bus discharging passengers all at once. Was passed on to CBSA who did landing formalities within 10mins.Then passed on to Services Canada where SIN was given within another 15mins as well as some readable documents before connecting Calgary final destination.

1) If you have kids you can consider a more direct flight as Emirates can make the whole journey torturous cos of the flight duration though planes are relatively comfy.Try the US route if you have a valid US visa
2) Don't trust the Spring thingy....Cold still dey if you landing soon.Landed 4degrees in the sun at Toronto.
3) Seems every documentation requires a proof of residential abode e.g. Utilities bills.However COPR can open bank accounts.So Bank account first, then request your statement sent to your temporary accommodation afterwards.This serves as some utility document indicating your current address and will ease medical insurance opening and other documentation as might be required.

Will update the house as I learn more. Reality check kicks in..

Best of luck everyone.
CONGRAT AY.
hope emirate not too expensive

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
ayodele2107 said:
Landed at Toronto Pearson via Emirates 4pm local time Monday 4th.Landing seamless.No POF related questions.Just Landing card declarations.If you are landing please ensure you give enough time between your connecting flights as queue at Border control was out of the world.Maybe cos of Emirates almost 700-capacity Air bus discharging passengers all at once. Was passed on to CBSA who did landing formalities within 10mins.Then passed on to Services Canada where SIN was given within another 15mins as well as some readable documents before connecting Calgary final destination.

1) If you have kids you can consider a more direct flight as Emirates can make the whole journey torturous cos of the flight duration though planes are relatively comfy.Try the US route if you have a valid US visa
2) Don't trust the Spring thingy....Cold still dey if you landing soon.Landed 4degrees in the sun at Toronto.
3) Seems every documentation requires a proof of residential abode e.g. Utilities bills.However COPR can open bank accounts.So Bank account first, then request your statement sent to your temporary accommodation afterwards.This serves as some utility document indicating your current address and will ease medical insurance opening and other documentation as might be required.

Will update the house as I learn more. Reality check kicks in..

Best of luck everyone.
@ayodele2107. Thank you for sharing your landing experience.
We plan to fly Emirates because the cost seems to be more resonanable than other airlines.

Do you mind sharing how you arranged accomodation before departing Nigeria.

Thank you.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
papapsi said:
eski said:
Papasi you should have gotten an ITA today. ...congratulations. ...i hope you are ready.
Guys i wanted to ask....what's the longest time i should wait before contacting Accra abt my passport. It was delivered on the 22nd and nothing since then. ...i must admit i don't know what to think
[/quote

I did. I'm so excited but the journey has only began. Thank God and thank you all.

I'll need to tap on your experiences

Congratulations papapsi, first major huddle crossed. Wish you a seamless process and pls put all U have read and seen in the forum to use while fill and submitting your PR application and everything will be ok in Jesus name. Amen.

ayodele2107

Feb 7, 2016
Nebs said:
@ayodele2107. Thank you for sharing your landing experience.
We plan to fly Emirates because the cost seems to be more resonanable than other airlines.

Do you mind sharing how you arranged accomodation before departing Nigeria.

Thank you.
Hi Nebs,i am fortunate to have friends in Calgary who helped me with temporary accommodation.Its almost impossible to get accommodation before entry i heard.Even when you arrive i was told you need some referrral from someone who already stays in the city.Though some facilities are okay with your COPR and passport infor only. Emirates is reasonable but can leave everyone very jet lagged especially if you have kids.So you might want to prepare your mind for that.

ayodele2107

Feb 7, 2016
saskmydream said:
CONGRAT AY.
hope emirate not too expensive
Emirates was the cheapest fairly okay airline we got.Generally tickets have started shooting up in anticipation of summer.The other close ones are Egypt Air, Ethiopian Air and Turkish Airline.I don't trust any of the 3 to that route though they might be doing just fine in european skies.

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
ayodele2107 said:
Hi Nebs,i am fortunate to have friends in Calgary who helped me with temporary accommodation.Its almost impossible to get accommodation before entry i heard.Even when you arrive i was told you need some referrral from someone who already stays in the city.Though some facilities are okay with your COPR and passport infor only. Emirates is reasonable but can leave everyone very jet lagged especially if you have kids.So you might want to prepare your mind for that.
Thanks again for sharing. We will have to weigh our options carefully as we would be traveling with 3 kids.

Thanks

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
xls said:
Congratulations papapsi, first major huddle crossed. Wish you a seamless process and pls put all U have read and seen in the forum to use while fill and submitting your PR application and everything will be ok in Jesus name. Amen.

Thanks

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
Please I need some help:

a. Where in Accra did you take the needed digital photos
b. Did you get the Police Certificate within two weeks?

Any other helpful info as I fill the ITA is welcome.

Thanks

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
papapsi said:
Please I need some help:

a. Where in Accra did you take the needed digital photos
b. Did you get the Police Certificate within two weeks?

Any other helpful info as I fill the ITA is welcome.

Thanks
I am not Ghanian but I got my Ghana police certificate within 1 week.

BnQ

Mar 29, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am new here and yet to start my EE process (i know its a long one and am already overwhelmed from all the reading I have been doing trying to get lots of info before I start my EE journey)

Please I have a question and would appreciate your response concerning getting my ECA done.

I have a copy of my original transcripts but it is unsealed as i used it 2years back for a study application. Question is can I possibly send the transcript I have for my degree Evalution to WES? Will it be rejected because it is unsealed? Or do I need to go to my Uni to ask them to send the another transcript to WES directly?

I would really appreciate a response to guide me. thanks a lot and Congrats to all who have been successful.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
BnQ said:
Hello everyone!

I am new here and yet to start my EE process (i know its a long one and am already overwhelmed from all the reading I have been doing trying to get lots of info before I start my EE journey)

Please I have a question and would appreciate your response concerning getting my ECA done.

I have a copy of my original transcripts but it is unsealed as i used it 2years back for a study application. Question is can I possibly send the transcript I have for my degree Evalution to WES? Will it be rejected because it is unsealed? Or do I need to go to my Uni to ask them to send the another transcript to WES directly?

I would really appreciate a response to guide me. thanks a lot and Congrats to all who have been successful.
Hi BnQ,

WES will only accept sealed transcripts so U will need to order another one.

Good luck with your EE journey stick to this forum and you will be fine

sj_naija

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
seniors, any idea whats going on in Accra VO WITH PPR, tot they are through with january applications.
Also am yet to get acknowlegment of RPRF paid via CSE after two weeks, hope this is normal?

yesicanada

Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02-02-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-01-2016
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
FINALLY...COPR letters and visas received today. Thank you, Jesus!