Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
duckirha said:
Guys,
I sent our passports to Accra by DHL from Surulere, Lagos yesterdayf But DHL refused me to add pre-paid envelope which was asked in the ppr letter. DHL lady told me that DHL has instruction not to send prepaid envelope and Canadian embassy knows it. She showed me all emails of people who sent passport to Accra. She assured me that once visa will be issued, embassy will inform me by email that visa has been issued. Then I should go to DHL office and to forward the email. DHL will use this email as reference and will ask Accra DHL to arrange to pick up passport from embassy.

I paid total 16490 naira with insurances. And I have to pay 22000 naira again when passport will be ready.

Anybody used DHL, please share your case.
that sounds complicated... why didn't u use VFS? I used them in the past for my study visa and it was reliable

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
duckirha said:
Guys,
I sent our passports to Accra by DHL from Surulere, Lagos yesterdayf But DHL refused me to add pre-paid envelope which was asked in the ppr letter. DHL lady told me that DHL has instruction not to send prepaid envelope and Canadian embassy knows it. She showed me all emails of people who sent passport to Accra. She assured me that once visa will be issued, embassy will inform me by email that visa has been issued. Then I should go to DHL office and to forward the email. DHL will use this email as reference and will ask Accra DHL to arrange to pick up passport from embassy.

I paid total 16490 naira with insurances. And I have to pay 22000 naira again when passport will be ready.

Anybody used DHL, please share your case.
I used DHL to obtain my PCC from South Africa. A requirement for getting a PCC from SA is to include a prepaid envelope from the courier company. DHL insisted that they do not include a prepaid envelope and I reluctantly agreed. As soon as I was informed that my PCC was ready, I sent an authorization letter to DHL and they picked up the PCC without any problem.
This was for PCC anyway but I don't think you will have any problems.

Good luck

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
KelChiAvan said:
that sounds complicated... why didn't u use VFS? I used them in the past for my study visa and it was reliable
DHL office is just infront of my house. Somewhere in this forum I read that DHL is more reliable. DHL lady showed all emails from Canadian embassy. That's why I didn't hesitate.

Hope it will not make problem.

ayodele2107

Feb 7, 2016
Sending through DHL should not be a problem.A friend did in June 2015 and got it back.The risk is the pickup email mostly enters spam box.So please be on the look out for it.I also sent mine from NAHCO DHL Office on 10th Feb and will be on the look out.Find below email He sent and response he got when he didn't get pick up email

9166xxxx

APPLICATION ID: E00017xxxxxx

I received a request from your embassy to send my international passport including that of my dependant's passports by either prepaid DHL or VFS on the 19th of June, 2015 , The passports were sent to your embassy using DHL on the 25th of June and it was received in your embassy on the 29th of June, 2015 and signed for by ERIN BROUSE, which made it a month and two days since I sent the passports I was told by DHL Nigeria today that I need a letter from your embassy before they can do pick up on my behalf, Also, I checked the online status of my application it has changed to DECISION MADE. Could you please update me if my passports are ready for pick up...

RESPONSE:

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.
A notice was sent to you on the 17th of July, 2015.
Best regards,

Wish every member still awaiting PPR Godspeed.

chatwithme

Jan 1, 2016
Good morning all
Please I have been a silent observer of this forum
I received PPR on Feb 8th and I was supposed to send family passport within 15days to ACCRA
The issue is IMM008 in the mail forwarded to me is a little bit confusing
Please for people that have dispatched to ACCRA kindly list the documents in your envelope

barbylonzy

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sept 2015
AOR Received.
5th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
congrats what's ur timeline.

chatwithme

Jan 1, 2016
Good morning all
I received PPR on Feb 8th and I was supposed to send family passport within 15days to ACCRA
Please for people that have dispatched to ACCRA kindly list the documents in your envelope

Please for people that submitted through VFS where is the office? Were the documents reviewed for completeness? Does the whole family go or principal applicant or spouse only can submit

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
chatwithme said:
Please for people that submitted through VFS where is the office? Were the documents reviewed for completeness? Does the whole family go or principal applicant or spouse only can submit
VFS is in lekki by the second round about

ayodele2107

Feb 7, 2016
chatwithme said:
Good morning all
Thats like a form for a fresh application.Likely to verify the consistency of your application.Please refer to your initial application and ensure no difference in details.Congrats.They also requested IMM 5406 (additional family) from some people.

barbylonzy

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sept 2015
AOR Received.
5th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
chatwithme said:
AOR Oct 1st

I used a consultant so I wasnt receiving the updates
Did u get provincial nomination.

barbylonzy

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sept 2015
AOR Received.
5th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Any1 with Sept AOR here.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
chatwithme said:
Good morning all

I was requested only imm008 form.
1. 3 passports
2. 2 copies photographs per person
3. Imm0008 form
4. Printed copy of passport request letter ( inside the request letter, they added a form for eyes color and height of every person. I filled it and sent it with the request letter.)

That's all.

chatwithme

Jan 1, 2016
@barbylonzy no I didnt get provincial nomination

@duckirha yes I saw Imm008 but the confusion is it started with additional family information which I dont have, have the passports been stamped? Hoe long did it take? Was it DHL you used or VFS?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
barbylonzy said:
Any1 with Sept AOR here.
Have you ordered GCMS? Sept is almost 6 months now..