+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

mikelfab

Oct 17, 2019
Your medicals may have been extended. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible. You can only know for certain by ordering your note or calling.

My meds will expire on 15 Feb. I have since booked a remeds for 17 Feb. If my meds gets extended that's fine (usually for 6 month). But if it doesn't, then I'll be certain that my medical is valid for a year.

Seriously, waiting and not being able to do anything is frustrating. At least getting my remeds makes me feel better.
Same here. My medicals expire 31st January. Already booked for 1st February. If PPR comes with medical extension before then, fine. If not, medical validity is 1 year and no excuse for AVO.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Keerah

Sep 24, 2020
Hello. I hope you’re all doing good. I’m wondering if anyone else is in my boat.

VFS tracker has been saying passport is ready for dispatch at CVAC since 15th of January, 2021. But each time I chat with vfs, they keep telling me the passport is in transit.

The waiting is really exhausting. Is anyone experiencing something similar?

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Did you send Hong-Kong an email earlier? I mean, was the email a reply to your earlier email?

What was the ADR?

How did you know your secondary VO is HK?

I heard files were transfered from AVO to HKVO, I'm not sure if mine was among those transfered.

Congratulations. Your PPR is close.
I also got an email from Hong Kong office today conforming that they have part of my file and are reviewing same. Then I checked my cic account, didn't get the regular "profile/application updated", but I clicked to check the progress anyway. The "Review of Additional Document" part changed from "Not Applicable" to "27th January, 2021 we are reviewing your additional documents."

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I also got an email from Hong Kong office today conforming that they have part of my file and are reviewing same. Then I checked my cic account, didn't get the regular "profile/application updated", but I clicked to check the progress anyway. The "Review of Additional Document" part changed from "Not Applicable" to "27th January, 2021 we are reviewing your additional documents."
What additional documents could they be reviewing? Did you recently send them a document?

Emprexx

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
What additional documents could they be reviewing? Did you recently send them a document?
I uploaded schedule 4 form on 19th November, 2020 through my CIC account.

About Hong Kong: I emailed them about 2 weeks ago (after someone mentioned here that they saw in their notes that their file was moved to Hong Kong) to inquire if they had my files, and also to know what stage my application is at the moment.
I guess that's their response to my enquiry.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
According to a spokesperson for the border agency, officers have turned away a total of 30,475 foreign nationals arriving from the U.S. via air and land between March 22, 2020, and Jan. 6, 2021.

In addition, 756 foreign nationals attempting to enter after arriving by air from countries other than the U.S. were also turned away at the border.

Of those attempting to enter Canada, 30 per cent cited tourism and sightseeing as the reason, while 11 per cent cited recreation and five per cent cited non-essential shopping.

The majority — 54 per cent — cited “other” as their reason, but CBSA would not clarify what that meant other than to say it was activities not captured in the other three categories.

Kayoe

Star Member
May 14, 2020
They usually send an email not a call, did you get an email too?
@Annie01
I recall you mentioned you have dependents.
Did you fill multiple courier consent forms or did you fill just one.
Asking because the courier consent form has just a single column for one name and passport number.
Thanks.