+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimetex2002 said:
U need to get US PCC(FBI) and also submit the Nigerian one. once u have declared that u lived in the USA at some point u need the FBI clearance.
Thanks for your quick response.

What I am asking is, for the US PCC, i need to get fingerprinted, do I get this done at Alagbon as well?

chimetex2002

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
N4 58' 15.3084" E8 19" 44.9832"
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
Nomination.....
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-09-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22/09/2016, 16/02/2017
Med's Request
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016; Passed 12-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/04/2017
no the FBI clearance is diff from Alagbon clearance. its just like submitting 2 different bank statements(one from GTC and the other from bank of America). they r different entities. the finger print u do at alagbon is strictly for Nigerian police clearance.

Tito G said:
Thanks for your quick response.

What I am asking is, for the US PCC, i need to get fingerprinted, do I get this done at Alagbon as well?

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimetex2002 said:
no the FBI clearance is diff from Alagbon clearance. its just like submitting 2 different bank statements(one from GTC and the other from bank of America). they r different entities. the finger print u do at alagbon is strictly for Nigerian police clearance.

Ok. I need to get my fingerprints to mail to the FBI before they can process my PCC. How do I do this please?

chimetex2002

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
Nomination.....
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-09-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22/09/2016, 16/02/2017
Med's Request
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/04/2017
U can use the steps outlined here(CIC website) to obtain: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Tito G said:
Ok. I need to get my fingerprints to mail to the FBI before they can process my PCC. How do I do this please?

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimetex2002 said:
U can use the steps outlined here(CIC website) to obtain: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Chimetex2002, u have misunderstood me. I have read the steps, this is what it says;

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

What i am asking is the part highlighted in red, I don't know where to obtain my fingerprints. That is what I am asking.

I have done the Nigerian PCC, that is clear! I am saying do i go back to alagbon to obtain just my fingerprints so I can mail it to the US? Do you understand now?

chimetex2002

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
Nomination.....
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-09-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22/09/2016, 16/02/2017
Med's Request
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/04/2017
Sorry, you may have to call the FBI to inquire how that is done as I have not done this before.

Tito G said:
Chimetex2002, u have misunderstood me. I have read the steps, this is what it says;

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

What i am asking is the part highlighted in red, I don't know where to obtain my fingerprints. That is what I am asking.

I have done the Nigerian PCC, that is clear! I am saying do i go back to alagbon to obtain just my fingerprints so I can mail it to the US? Do you understand now?

Tito G

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimetex2002 said:
Sorry, you may have to call the FBI to inquire how that is done as I have not done this before.
Thank you for your responses anyway. I'm grateful

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito G said:
Hello People,

Please I would like any help I can get regarding getting a USA PCC. If anyone has gone through this process before, kindly let me know how you went about it especially getting the finger prints to send.

Do I use the one I got when i got the Nigerian PCC or do I have to do another one.

Thank you in anticipation.
Hi Tito G,
I have gone through the process and received a PCC from the FBI; first finger print got rejected due to illegibility (I didn't follow the instructions carefully, according to them) but the second print was accepted and was used to provide the PCC. Total wait time because of the initial finger print rejection: 20th Aug 2016 - 19th Jan. 2017.

All you need to do is to download and complete an application form, a finger print and credit card form, then mail all hard copies to the FBI, see all links below;

Overview of the entire process: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
Application form: https://forms.fbi.gov/identity-history-summary-checks-review/q384893984839334.pdf
Standard finger print form: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf/view
Credit card payment form: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/credit-card-payment-form-121012a.pdf/view
Check list: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/identity-history-summary-request-checklist.pdf/view

You can take the finger print form to Alagbon for them to help collect your finger print just to be sure but there's no guarantee that the FBI would accept it even if it was done in Alagbon. You can also take your finger prints by yourself using an ink pad but you need to read the instructions for the finger print collection very carefully and follow them as closely as possible because if your finger prints are rejected (most common reason is illegibility), there is no refund of application fee and you have to go through the wait period of 12-14weeks again after paying a new fee; US PCC applications CANNOT be fast tracked for non-Americans or PRs (trust me, you don't want to do it twice). After completing all forms, mail all hard copies to the FBI (address clearly written on the application form). I suggest you use a courier that can be tracked because that would be your only evidence that you have applied, FBI does not send any confirmation or update and CIC is fully aware of this so your tracking that shows mail was delivered suffices. You can use either a credit or debit to make payment but when you using a Nigerian card, you need to confirm from your bank that the card can make payment of $18. This is very important because of late, local bank cards have been unreliable with all the restrictions and regulations.

You can PM me if you need further guidance, hope this helps...

Reactions: Skyler68

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
wisak said:
Hi Tito G,
I have gone through the process and received a PCC from the FBI; first finger print got rejected due to illegibility (I didn't follow the instructions carefully, according to them) but the second print was accepted and was used to provide the PCC. Total wait time because of the initial finger print rejection: 20th Aug 2016 - 19th Jan. 2017.

All you need to do is to download and complete an application form, a finger print and credit card form, then mail all hard copies to the FBI, see all links below;

Overview of the entire process: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
Application form: https://forms.fbi.gov/identity-history-summary-checks-review/q384893984839334.pdf
Standard finger print form: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf/view
Credit card payment form: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/credit-card-payment-form-121012a.pdf/view
Check list: https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/identity-history-summary-request-checklist.pdf/view

You can take the finger print form to Alagbon for them to help collect your finger print just to be sure but there's no guarantee that the FBI would accept it even if it was done in Alagbon. You can also take your finger prints by yourself using an ink pad but you need to read the instructions for the finger print collection very carefully and follow them as closely as possible because if your finger prints are rejected (most common reason is illegibility), there is no refund of application fee and you have to go through the wait period of 12-14weeks again after paying a new fee; US PCC applications CANNOT be fast tracked for non-Americans or PRs (trust me, you don't want to do it twice). After completing all forms, mail all hard copies to the FBI (address clearly written on the application form). I suggest you use a courier that can be tracked because that would be your only evidence that you have applied, FBI does not send any confirmation or update and CIC is fully aware of this so your tracking that shows mail was delivered suffices. You can use either a credit or debit to make payment but when you using a Nigerian card, you need to confirm from your bank that the card can make payment of $18. This is very important because of late, local bank cards have been unreliable with all the restrictions and regulations.

You can PM me if you need further guidance, hope this helps...
Awesome post Wisak. Very well explained.

I did my fingerprinting in alagbon but am not justified to recommend as am yet to get my PCC from FBI yet

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima007 said:
Awesome post Wisak. Very well explained.

I did my fingerprinting in alagbon but am not justified to recommend as am yet to get my PCC from FBI yet
Great, it should be fine. Once your application is about 8 weeks with the FBI, you can either email or call them to get the status of your application and to confirm that your finger prints were legible. If you have to wait until you receive a response by mail from them, it might waste more time especially if there is an issue with the finger prints (hopefully, yours meet their specification). When you email them, include your full name, date of birth and date your application was received (from tracking). They would give the date they are currently processing so you'd have an idea how much more you have to wait if yours hasn't been processed yet. Their contact is as below:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division
Biometric Services Section
Customer Service Group
(304) 625-5590
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8:00am-5:00PM EST
identity@ic.fbi.gov

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
wisak said:
Great, it should be fine. Once your application is about 8 weeks with the FBI, you can either email or call them to get the status of your application and to confirm that your finger prints were legible. If you have to wait until you receive a response by mail from them, it might waste more time especially if there is an issue with the finger prints (hopefully, yours meet their specification). When you email them, include your full name, date of birth and date your application was received (from tracking). They would give the date they are currently processing so you'd have an idea how much more you have to wait if yours hasn't been processed yet. Their contact is as below:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division
Biometric Services Section
Customer Service Group
(304) 625-5590
Office Hours Monday-Friday
8:00am-5:00PM EST
identity@ic.fbi.gov
thanks Wisak. I even already emailed them, they said they are currently opening Jan 18th applications that mine was received 20th Jan so i should mail back in another 2 weeks to get an update, phew!

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima007 said:
thanks Wisak. I even already emailed them, they said they are currently opening Jan 18th applications that mine was received 20th Jan so i should mail back in another 2 weeks to get an update, phew!
Great!

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Dear members,

My application in Accra is more than 5 months and I have outstanding RPRF request. Can I go ahead and pay the RPRF fee then raise CSE for them to update it? I have emailed Accra and no response.

Thanks..

chimetex2002

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
Nomination.....
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-09-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22/09/2016, 16/02/2017
Med's Request
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/04/2017
You will most likely be asked for the RPRF when they request your passport. have u requested your GCMS notes? that cud help.

petertherock77 said:
Dear members,

My application in Accra is more than 5 months and I have outstanding RPRF request. Can I go ahead and pay the RPRF fee then raise CSE for them to update it? I have emailed Accra and no response.

Thanks..

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petertherock77 said:
Dear members,

Thanks..
You could call/email CIC (Ottawa), let them know the situation and suggest if you could proceed that way.
Just for my curiosity, how do you plan to make the payment? Online? Does it still show pending in your profile?