13-Dec-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
Simb,

That was my first reaction when i read the email.
They stated on the CIC website as Buffalo has closed they would submit new and current processing times 4months on and still nothing ???

Not that it matters....but im actually British, I have been here for 3 years on a government visitors visa. After all this time living here I almost feel Canadian I just dont have any rights!!!!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Nathan390 said:
Well we recieved a letter addressed to my wife stating that she had met the requirements as a sponsor, and the application for PR for your relative (me) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
This letter was dated June 7th 2012 so we are going from that date.......although it may not be 100% it is the only correspondence we have recieved to date
So you file never went to Buffalo. Ours was sitting in Buffalo since August 2011 AOR. Buffalo had scheduled and confirmed our finalizing interview for early June 2012. They cancelled it beginning of June 2012. And now our file is sitting in Ottawa. Double the pain!! :'(

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
My file was transferred to Ottawa August 22nd.

qaanalyst2003

Sep 11, 2012
Hi there,

thanks for starting this discussion,

Application for permanent residence on September 7, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Interview scheduled for June 28, 2012 - Passed interview successfully and interviewer told me that I will have further notification within a month but still haven't heard anything from New york office.

Waiting for further process now…..

Please share if anyone has similar status.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
qaanalyst2003 said:
Hi there,

Interview scheduled for June 28, 2012 - Passed interview successfully and interviewer told me that I will have further notification within a month but still haven't heard anything from New york office.

Waiting for further process now.....

this is something strange. i thought (even read somewhere) that if you pass the interview they issue you a copr rightaway.
its already one year waiting for you.. hope you get your copr very soon

HDappicant

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-10-2012
Med's Done....
18-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
qaanalyst2003 said:
Hi there,

Waiting for further process now.....

Happy to know that some movement has happened....keeping my fingers crossed

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
simb said:
this is something strange. i thought (even read somewhere) that if you pass the interview they issue you a copr rightaway.
its already one year waiting for you.. hope you get your copr very soon
Yes, it's very strange. What's more strange is that we had our interview scheduled and confirmed with Buffalo for early June 2012 and they cancelled it for us because of its closure. I have the understanding all scheduled interviews after beginning of June 2012 were cancelled. And they actually had an interview at the end of June 2012!!!??? :-[

qaanalyst2003

Sep 11, 2012
Hey guys,

I have good news.

I received request to submit my passport at New York NY office on 14th September.

Sent Passport on 15th Sep.

Today is the day i have received my Passposport back with Visa Stamping.....28th Sep.

Now looking forward for landing information....If any one has idea please share it...I have plan to land in Toronto after December...

HDappicant

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->Ottawa->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-10-2012
Med's Done....
18-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
qaanalyst2003 said:
Hey guys,

I have good news.

I received request to submit my passport at New York NY office on 14th September.

Today is the day i have received my Passposport back with Visa Stamping.....28th Sep.

Now looking forward for landing information....If any one has idea please share it...I have plan to land in Toronto after December...
Congratulations qaanalyst2003!!!!

Happy to hear this good news.

Can you share your timeline with us?

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
qaanalyst2003 said:
Hey guys,

I have good news.

Crossing my fingers that you were a February applicant...

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hoping to hear more good news from marchers....
heard from one..hoping to hear more in this coming month.. hope october comes with many good news for march US applicants

qaanalyst2003

Sep 11, 2012

Interview scheduled for June 28, 2012

I received request to submit my passport at New York NY office on 14th September 2012.

Sent Passport on 15th Sep. 2012.

I received my Passport back with Visa Stamping.....28th Sep.

will be land very soon....

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Can u share your interview experience...?
I have interview in couple of months
So if you can tell me what all they asked you

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So, I had my interview.. Sharing my experience with you all

My interview was scheduled at 9.30am at LA VO. me and my husband reached there 1 hour before and we parked in the same building. We went to the consulate at 8.45am. That time there was just one person who had appointment. we sat there and people started coming (i dont know for what reasons as I was so tensed) I was looking for the receptionist to whom I had to give the evidences which were requested in the letter to be submitted before but she never asked me so. finally after 1 hour of waiting, my name was called and I went in.(I knew they would interview me more than my hubby but still we both were prepared if cross questioning happens incase) the Visa Officer came and she started asking me questions (in a polite manner) the very first question was "is your sponsor with you ?" ( the interview letter stated me and my husband's name so he had to be with me ) I said yes. then she asked me questions related to me that from how long I am in US (as I am immigrant here), where do i work ? why I keep going back to my country (NZ) after that she asked my passport and then she started asking questions about my relation (from starting till now), my family(parents), husband... Questions she asked were simple but tricky but i knew so much about my husband that i answered her in an ease manner and in confident way and then after 45 minutes of the interview she asked me to call my husband as she wanted to ask few questions to him. and then my husband came in she asked him few questions and then (FINALLY) she said she has no obligations related to my relationship and can go ahead with the issuing a permanent resident papers but the medicals expired few weeks ago so she will ask for extension and hopefully if she gets extension then she will request for my passport. and she congratulated us. wow

Believe me I had 2 Bags and another one of my wedding album as proofs but Visa Officer did not ask me anything not even my marriage certificate. (I guess I was lucky )

I knew already that I would not be asked for my passport that very time but still I am happy that I came more closer to the ending of this process which started a year and a week ago.

Thanks to everybody here who helped me sharing their interview experiences and who gave me suggestions ..
Hoping the extension from Ottawa would not take long ....
BTW any idea how long do they take to give extension?