+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant and sponsor right to seek information?

hissa

Dec 16, 2011
Any help is appreciated:

I'm going to go to the embassy soon with my husband to inquire about his PR application since his application has almost exceed the progressing time. The last time I went in November with him they refused to give out any information regarding his application. My question is as a Canadian sponsor, what right do I have when inquiring about my husband's PR? What right does my husband who is the applicant have when seeking the same information? I would like to know the answer to these, because I don't want them to withhold any information from us, as they did last time, if its our right as applicant and sponsor to be able to get this information we ask for.

Thanks again for the help.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
hissa said:
Any help is appreciated:

I'm going to go to the embassy soon with my husband to inquire about his PR application since his application has almost exceed the progressing time. The last time I went in November with him they refused to give out any information regarding his application. My question is as a Canadian sponsor, what right do I have when inquiring about my husband's PR? What right does my husband who is the applicant have when seeking the same information? I would like to know the answer to these, because I don't want them to withhold any information from us, as they did last time, if its our right as applicant and sponsor to be able to get this information we ask for.

Thanks again for the help.
You can apply for GCMS from CIC it will give you the complete information on your application for sponsoring your husband. in CIC website search for ATIP and you will get further information and forms.

Good Luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The embassies typically won't give out this kind of information (and have no obligation to do so). I agree that you should apply for your GCMS notes.

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
for GCMS, you are doing it under the access to information act ($5) and only a canadian citizen or PR can make such a request, and you are inquiring not about your file, but that of your spouse's which is in whatever VO you are at. you will need to have the consent of your spouse so that they can release the information to you. you might have already filled out the consent form during the initial application (attach as proof), if not, then you can fill it in and email it to them with your request. it takes about 30 days for them to get back to you with the notes.