+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

appendix a

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
Hi Thaiguy

Thanks. So i'll not even bring Appendix B with me.

I'll just submit Appendix A, credit card, cover letter, and fingerprints to FBI after i get the fingerprints done. is it one address all this time in the us with no recrods at all will be done faster you think?

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
I idnt need any of that for mine but im filing outside canada, only needed coverletter money and prints, but i wasnt sure about inland so i was refering him to the cic site instructions, sorry if i was wrong.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
bundori - It won't change how fast the FBI processes your request if you send them appendix A or appendix B or whatever. If it makes you happy, then send them both. But they don't need them. It doesn't matter whether you're requesting FBI records from inside or outside Canada. The FBI is in the U.S., and it doesn't care where you request your background check from. The only caveat is that the person requesting the background check can't have it mailed to someone else. It has to come back to you.

There are a few things you can do to speed up your request. I highly recommend #2 and #3. The others are optional.

1. Send your paperwork via a courier.
2. Make sure you write on the outside of the courier envelope "Please Expedite - due date xx/xx/xx" giving them at least 2 weeks to process your request.
3. Make sure you write the same due date on the cover letter.
4. Enclose a self-addressed, prepaid courier envelope in which to have the FBI return your background check.