+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appendix A form-Updated Information Chart(passport submission)

M@heen

Jan 30, 2024
No. Can you be clear, are you submitting the appendix A which was referred to when you got your passport request? I.e. your file is almost complete and now you need to submit the passports to get COPR and visa?
Yes, for passport submission. I have the passport, copy of the letter and photos. Do I not need any other document? If not, then where to mention my height and eye color, as requested in the letter?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, for passport submission. I have the passport, copy of the letter and photos. Do I not need any other document? If not, then where to mention my height and eye color, as requested in the letter?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/appendix-a-form-updated-information-chart-passport-submission.351338/post-10738043

It's just a table with identifying information for each person submitting passport (principal applicant + dependents) and height and eye colour. Any form of table that provides this will be fine.

If you wish, you can contact VFS or the visa section and confirm. In this day of voicemails and never ending / never received responses, you may find this takes too long.

M@heen

Jan 30, 2024
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/appendix-a-form-updated-information-chart-passport-submission.351338/post-10738043

It's just a table with identifying information for each person submitting passport (principal applicant + dependents) and height and eye colour. Any form of table that provides this will be fine.

If you wish, you can contact VFS or the visa section and confirm. In this day of voicemails and never ending / never received responses, you may find this takes too long.
Alright, I'll just prepare a word document with the identifying information and send it. Thank you for your support

Reactions: armoured

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
No. Can you be clear, are you submitting the appendix A which was referred to when you got your passport request? I.e. your file is almost complete and now you need to submit the passports to get COPR and visa?
You said Appendix A contains questions asking name, eye colour, height, etc. I just received the passport request today, and I believe this is the Appendix A that you were talking about. But the text above says that it's Appendix B and not Appendix A.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You said Appendix A contains questions asking name, eye colour, height, etc. I just received the passport request today, and I believe this is the Appendix A that you were talking about. But the text above says that it's Appendix B and not Appendix A.
I do not know what 'text above' you are referring to.

In our PPR letter, the Appendix A was not named - it was on the VFS website for passport submission. I assume this is the same text everywhere, but not certain.

It reads this way (can't provide a link because of the website, it's found under 'passport submission' and a sub-section for PR applicants):
"If you are a Permanent Resident applicant, and your application has been finalized, you’ll be instructed to submit your passport, a photograph as per specifications laid down by IRCC, and a completed Appendix A."

Unfortunately VFS didn't - at the time anyway - provide the Appendix A. I had to confirm that this is the simple eye colour, height, and personal identifying (tombstone) information I referred to above.

I suggest you ask VFS. I've no idea what the Appendix B might be.

spzhang

Jul 13, 2019
I received my passport request today and appendix B is missing. It has only 5 pages instead of 6. Do you mind sharing the last page or a snippet of it here?

looked up here and this happened to a few members here.

Reactions: Home_13579

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
I do not know what 'text above' you are referring to.

In our PPR letter, the Appendix A was not named - it was on the VFS website for passport submission. I assume this is the same text everywhere, but not certain.

It reads this way (can't provide a link because of the website, it's found under 'passport submission' and a sub-section for PR applicants):
"If you are a Permanent Resident applicant, and your application has been finalized, you’ll be instructed to submit your passport, a photograph as per specifications laid down by IRCC, and a completed Appendix A."

Unfortunately VFS didn't - at the time anyway - provide the Appendix A. I had to confirm that this is the simple eye colour, height, and personal identifying (tombstone) information I referred to above.

I suggest you ask VFS. I've no idea what the Appendix B might be.
The Appendix B that was attached to my passport request letter looks exactly like the set of questions that you can see below. I'm so confused because it appears that the Appendix A that you're taking about is the same as the Appendix B that was sent to me by the IRCC.

Family Name:
Given Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Marital Status:
Date of Expiry:
Height:
Eye Colour:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Appendix B that was attached to my passport request letter looks exactly like the set of questions that you can see below. I'm so confused because it appears that the Appendix A that you're taking about is the same as the Appendix B that was sent to me by the IRCC.

Family Name:
Given Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Marital Status:
Date of Expiry:
Height:
Eye Colour:
Yes it appears they have changed the name of the appendix (not even clear if all offices or just some).

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
Yes it appears they have changed the name of the appendix (not even clear if all offices or just some).
If that is so, the Visa Application Center should change their list of requirements on their website. They should write Appendix B instead of Appendix A, as it really confuses applicants.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If that is so, the Visa Application Center should change their list of requirements on their website. They should write Appendix B instead of Appendix A, as it really confuses applicants.
You'll get no argument from me. As it is, they refer to the Appendix A on the website, but they do not make available. Then when you contact them, they say they just need the height and eye colour of each applicant, provide however.

It's just silly. It's a really simple matter they could resolve with a tiny bit of effort.