+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appearing for the test without the Notice to Appear

DUNmtrl

Jul 2, 2014
We have been asked to appear for the test on 23rd of this month since we checked our application online.But we had not received the notice. when we called the call centre they said it was mailed to our old address in Ontario even though our address was changed online as soon as we moved to Quebec.i guess it's their internal system problem.Now my concern here is we be allowed take the citizenship test without the notice to appear? The call centre agent also said that they cannot resend the notice by mail or email.we are planning to take the printout of the online application status but it doesn't specify any details other than date.Please advice !!

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Canada post is ridiculous!!!

If I were you, I would take the print out ns how up or the test. Also, if you have a smartphone, you could show it on your phone too.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DUNmtrl said:
We have been asked to appear for the test on 23rd of this month since we checked our application online.But we had not received the notice. when we called the call centre they said it was mailed to our old address in Ontario even though our address was changed online as soon as we moved to Quebec.i guess it's their internal system problem.Now my concern here is we be allowed take the citizenship test without the notice to appear? The call centre agent also said that they cannot resend the notice by mail or email.we are planning to take the printout of the online application status but it doesn't specify any details other than date.Please advice !!
Go to that centre before the 23rd choose a day when a test is scheduled and talk to one of the agent at the door or the desk. If they say ok you can come without notice on 23rd ask for their name. this way you have a proof f they don't let u in on 23rd.

Jun 12, 2014
They usually ask for the invitation letter at entrance. I believe you need to call CIC and ask if the printout of your online application status is acceptable. It should not be a problem as I guess, they have list of those who will take the test. Good luck YAS

janoo

May 16, 2014
Good to hear about your test, make sure that you should reach the test centre
at least 45 minutes before the test so you can resolve the issue before
you enter into the test centre. Good luck ,, let us know your time line.