+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal

Paula111

Jul 5, 2020
Hello,
Firstly, does someone have experience with appeal of decision PR application? Is it even possible?
My application just got canceled with explanation that I didn't provide police certificate and that's the reason for cancelation. Even thought I explained in the application that I can't get it because the consulate was closed due the the Covid19. I attached email from the consulate with confirmation they were not opened that time.

Secondly, if my name has changed because of marriage, do I need to provide documentation of my original name with birth certificate or marriage certificate? Does it matter?

Thank you

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,
Firstly, does someone have experience with appeal of decision PR application? Is it even possible?
My application just got canceled with explanation that I didn't provide police certificate and that's the reason for cancelation. Even thought I explained in the application that I can't get it because the consulate was closed due the the Covid19. I attached email from the consulate with confirmation they were not opened that time.

Secondly, if my name has changed because of marriage, do I need to provide documentation of my original name with birth certificate or marriage certificate? Does it matter?

Thank you
Did your application get returned to you? Was it for a renewal or the first card?
I believe your name has to be on the ID that you provide as part of your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thank you
I think you've posted to the wrong section. Was your application for PR refused or for a PR card renewal? If for PR (e.g. Express Entry), then I would recommend that you post to the Express Entry section of the forum rather than here. Good luck.