Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I sent in a request for an appeal with the IAD at the IRB in Vancouver, in late September. I still have not heard anything.
Is this normal?

To those of you who have been through the appeal process, what was your experience like?

Thanks in advance.

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlimbo said:
I sent in a request for an appeal with the IAD at the IRB in Vancouver, in late September. I still have not heard anything.
Is this normal?

To those of you who have been through the appeal process, what was your experience like?

Thanks in advance.
I have not been through one and it takes about a year before you get a date so its normal.

Check this thread for experiences:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
inlimbo said:
Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.
Hello! I am in the Vancouver area too! I sent a request for an appeal in the 3rd week of November. Let's keep in touch in case of new developments, ok? What were the reasons for your denied visa?

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Habibti said:
Hello! I am in the Vancouver area too! I sent a request for an appeal in the 3rd week of November. Let's keep in touch in case of new developments, ok? What were the reasons for your denied visa?
Yes its long wait. We sent application for appeal in March and our appeal was in June first week with ADR. We received letter in Late April. However, if this appeal was not approved by ADR, the appeal board hearing would have taken almost 6 months.

If you hired a lwyer, which one should in appeal cases, you should ask your lawyer. They must have more cases like yours and they can tell you when are other cases going on, so you will have the idea.

Good Luck.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
hambzik said:
Yes its long wait. We sent application for appeal in March and our appeal was in June first week with ADR. We received letter in Late April. However, if this appeal was not approved by ADR, the appeal board hearing would have taken almost 6 months.

If you hired a lwyer, which one should in appeal cases, you should ask your lawyer. They must have more cases like yours and they can tell you when are other cases going on, so you will have the idea.

Good Luck.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you applied for appeal and you were waiting for the date of the appeal. You had appeal already, yes? You had an ADR in June, yes? How was it? Did you win? Why your spouse were denied visa?

I don't understand something... what are you waiting for if you had ADR?

I hired an immigration consultant who is working under the supervision of a lawyer.

hambzik

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
Aug 21st
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
19 Oct
VISA ISSUED...
wait is over, 12-12-2011
LANDED..........
in Vancouver on 27th Dec. 2011
Habibti said:
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you applied for appeal and you were waiting for the date of the appeal. You had appeal already, yes? You had an ADR in June, yes? How was it? Did you win? Why your spouse were denied visa?

I don't understand something... what are you waiting for if you had ADR?

I hired an immigration consultant who is working under the supervision of a lawyer.
we were refused at the time of the interview. I dont want to talk about the reasons here, since those reasons doesnt even make sense. Anyways, yes we applied for appeal it went to ADR and we won the appeal.

Ok, you need to understand the following:

1) Appeal is a process where you are challanging the decion of refusal, its not easy but if you are genuine you can win it.
2) You need all kind of evidence in the world to prove that your case is genuine and the decision of refusal was a error.
3) Its upto ADR if they want to accept your case and go to ADR or full appeal board hearing.
4) After you win the Appeal or ADR hearing, the file is sent to Canadian High commision in your country to resume processing
5) It stilltakes time, your spuse may have to submit Medical and Police clearance again along with all the forms and documents.
6) The case will go through security clearance and Background check before they issue your spuse a Visa and PR.
7) In ND, its long wait, We won the appeal in June first week and we are still waiting for PR, it may take another 4-6 months.

Dont hold your breath for fast processing after you win the case in appeal. It still takes time. If you submit the appeal this month, the earliest I would guess your spuse will get PR willbe sometime in July or August.

I am not sure about delays in Colombo, it might be earlier if they are not delayed much.

Good Luck

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Thank you so much for your detailed answer! So if what you say happens, July or August is just 8 or 9 months away! That is not too bad! I thought the whole thing would take from 18 months to 2 years!

I would have liked to know more about your experience at the ADR. Where you went, the people there, the questions, the procedures, how long was the meeting, etc... anything to help me getting mentally prepared lol In our case they don't believe our relationship is genuine. We got the news on November 14 and the week after the papers were sent for appeal. In the letter, there were no arguments, no reasons, no facts, to explain why they accuse my husband got married to gain entrance to Canada! His interview was 40 minutes long and nobody can't know in such a short amount of time what is in the heart and mind!

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
hambzik said:

Good Luck.
Your time line isn't bad at all. Since I haven't heard since applying for an appeal in late September, does it look like I'm not being selected for an ADR?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, unfortunately; but it is not for sure. Try phoning the appeal office and talking to an agent - they may be able to tell you when the appeal date will likely be. I had to phone several times in order to get through and talk to an agent every time. If you know French, I had better luck and more help when I pressed 2 for French service (through the Vancouver office).