+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal - PR cancelation

Paula111

Jul 5, 2020
Hello,
Firstly, does someone have experience with appeal of decision PR application? Is it even possible?
My application just got canceled with explanation that I didn't provide police certificate and that's the reason for cancelation. Even thought I explained in the application that I can't get it because the consulate was closed due the the Covid19. I attached email from the consulate with confirmation they were not opened that time.

Secondly, if my name has changed because of marriage, do I need to provide documentation of my original name with birth certificate or marriage certificate? Does it matter?

Thank you

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hello,
Firstly, does someone have experience with appeal of decision PR application? Is it even possible?
My application just got canceled with explanation that I didn't provide police certificate and that's the reason for cancelation. Even thought I explained in the application that I can't get it because the consulate was closed due the the Covid19. I attached email from the consulate with confirmation they were not opened that time.

Secondly, if my name has changed because of marriage, do I need to provide documentation of my original name with birth certificate or marriage certificate? Does it matter?

Thank you
Sorry to hear about
When did you apply for?
As far as I know. We have to provide all these documents at submission with the application. But due to covid 19 there r may some changes regarding such documents.
Otherwise they always reject the application considering as incomplete and never ask for documents. As It happened with me before, unluckily, according to my consultant we were not able to appeal for that..
But in this time of pandemic it may happen/ delay as all these service provider are not fully opened.

Paula111

Jul 5, 2020
I got invitation in the middle of March exactly when the Ontario closed everything. I wasn't able to get the criminal record within 90 days and I submitted my application last day on June 22nd.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,

Thank you
That cancellation of application is because you did not have a complete application. PCC is must. Wait for counslate to re-open and/or arrange for PCC from within the country itself. Once you have PCC, reapply. I am fairly sure that you were not banned.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello,

Thank you

yes for the second question

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hello,

Thank you
You need to provide evidence or at least a letter of explanation to show that you have tried you best to get the PCC.

For name changing, yes you need to provide a document showing that your name change is legal.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
yes
Hello,

Thank you
yes you can/should appeal the decision if you're confident you had included the required docs. there was another thread on this forum where someone had appealed rejection for missing PCC, maybe search for that.

yes you are required to provide document and affidavit for changed name.