+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal granted! What is next?

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hi guys,

A call from my lawyer confirming that my appeal has been approved but he did not say what is next.

Do you guys have any idea what the next step is?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Reactions: D_8rane

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Congrats man...you have to be happy.....the next stage is to fill the pr application with the lawyer help...be careful un the application
Can you share with us .your experience please

chelseamax

Mar 23, 2018
When the Refugee Appeal Division grants or approves an appeal, they can either:

1. Declare that the person who appealed is a refugee (if so, the person can apply for permanent resident status); or
2. Rule that the Refugee Protection Division made a mistake at the refugee hearing, but send the case back to them to do the refugee hearing over (in that case, a different RPD member conducts the new hearing).

Probably your lawyer was telling you that you are in situation #1 above, i.e. that you have now won your refugee claim and don't need to go to another hearing, but make sure to clarify that with him or her.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi guys,

A call from my lawyer confirming that my appeal has been approved but he did not say what is next.

Thanks
Hi. First of all congrats! When was your failed hearing? And when did you appeal and got approved? Pls share the timeline. Thanks

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi guys,

Thanks
Hi. When did you appeal? How long did it take to approved? Thanks