+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal for reconsideration

Quiamzrx

Jun 13, 2020
Hi guys! Hope someone can give some light in the shadows.

i received a refusal letter of my work permit application last october 2 due to the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada due to limited employment prospects in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada based on your current employment situation

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada based on your personal assets and financial status

during the submission of application I just moved to a new employer here in the UAE, reason why I cannot provide COE, residence visa at the UAE and labor contract. My representative just included the job offer letter and explanation letter with my application.

my application was filed online by my representative at canada, biometrics done in the UAE and processed in Poland.

we sent an appeal for reconsideration on oct 9. Response was given a week after stating that a migration officer will study if an error in fact, law or procedural has been made.They will check the application, the appeal and will determine whether they will open my file or not.

are there any same situations happened with anyone and how it went on?

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys! Hope someone can give some light in the shadows.

i received a refusal letter of my work permit application last october 2 due to the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada due to limited employment prospects in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada based on your current employment situation

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada based on your personal assets and financial status

during the submission of application I just moved to a new employer here in the UAE, reason why I cannot provide COE, residence visa at the UAE and labor contract. My representative just included the job offer letter and explanation letter with my application.

my application was filed online by my representative at canada, biometrics done in the UAE and processed in Poland.

we sent an appeal for reconsideration on oct 9. Response was given a week after stating that a migration officer will study if an error in fact, law or procedural has been made.They will check the application, the appeal and will determine whether they will open my file or not.

are there any same situations happened with anyone and how it went on?

thank you
The majority of the food service industry in Canada have been severely affected by covid and many people are unemployed. In my opinion it will be very difficult to get a WP in food service with such high unemployment rate in the sector.

Quiamzrx

Jun 13, 2020
The majority of the food service industry in Canada have been severely affected by covid and many people are unemployed. In my opinion it will be very difficult to get a WP in food service with such high unemployment rate in the sector.
I just had my close colleague who will land in canada in few hours. We both applied here in the UAE.

Reactions: Jep

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just had my close colleague who will land in canada in few hours. We both applied here in the UAE.
Were they approved or did their company get their LMIA before the economy got very bad due to covid? When he applied would make a big difference. Did he apply for the same position as you did?

Quiamzrx

Jun 13, 2020
Were they approved or did their company get their LMIA before the economy got very bad due to covid? When he applied would make a big difference. Did he apply for the same position as you did?
We both got our lmia july of 2019. Submitted our wp application late 2019. Were both got same job offer positions.

Quiamzrx

Jun 13, 2020
What do you think are the chances that my appeal shall be reconsidered? Appreciate your opinions. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believed he will go to victoria. Im supposed to go to whistler. Both BC. Both of our lmias were approved july 2019.
This also seems vey suspicious. You both were hired for the same jobs as food supervisors at different locations. Are you working for a franchise restaurant like Subway? This really sounds like a job for payment scheme. The work conditions have changed dramatically since 2019. Whistler has a lot of unemployed workers and far less tourists. The fact that this employer had multiple applications may also be an issue. You can certainly ask for reconsideration. Was there any reason given for the refusal?

Quiamzrx

Jun 13, 2020
This also seems vey suspicious. You both were hired for the same jobs as food supervisors at different locations. Are you working for a franchise restaurant like Subway? This really sounds like a job for payment scheme. The work conditions have changed dramatically since 2019. Whistler has a lot of unemployed workers and far less tourists. The fact that this employer had multiple applications may also be an issue. You can certainly ask for reconsideration. Was there any reason given for the refusal?