+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apparent contradiction from IRCC

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

we’ve sent some documents to IRCC, but it seems that there’s a contradiction in their statement. This is their message :

Good day xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx, Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• Bank statement January .pdf

• Employment Letter.pdf

We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

However, we have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the principal applicant.

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. For this reason, we cannot take action on your request since this file contains personal information about another person.

I
don’t understand. How can they say we’ve forwarded them and after that “for this reason we cannot take action on your request”

The request was sent by my wife (sponsor).

Thanks.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi,

we’ve sent some documents to IRCC, but it seems that there’s a contradiction in their statement. This is their message :

I don’t understand. How can they say we’ve forwarded them and after that “for this reason we cannot take action on your request”

Thanks.
Hi. how much time after AOR did they ask you for a bank statement and why did they ask you for it in the first place? What is the reason?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi. how much time after AOR did they ask you for a bank statement and why did they ask you for it in the first place? What is the reason?
Hi,
I didn’t get any AOR. We just sent these documents in case of lol We wanted to show them that my wife (the sponsor) is able to support me while I’m living in Canada (I’m jobless, and I can’t have an open work permit here in Canada because I’ve an Outland application).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don’t understand. How can they say we’ve forwarded them and after that “for this reason we cannot take action on your request”

In this case I think it only means they can't respond to her (eg if there was any request, specific or implied) beyond saying the information was forwarded to your visa office/file.

I'd ignore the language if you were just providing info, they got it. (In future you may want to also put sponsor as representative so that either of you can request info, etc)

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
In this case I think it only means they can't respond to her (eg if there was any request, specific or implied) beyond saying the information was forwarded to your visa office/file.

I'd ignore the language if you were just providing info, they got it. (In future you may want to also put sponsor as representative so that either of you can request info, etc)
Thank you so much for your clarification.

Ho, good to know, I thought my wife (the sponsor) was automatically my representative.
Then I’ll fill that document so she can be my representative.

thanks for everything.

Reactions: armoured

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

Thanks.
There is a form you have to fill out and sign. It's the same one required for the gcms notes. Can't think of the number off hand. It gives her rights to act on your behalf as a representative, even, apparently, submitting extra papers. You would think it would already be part of the whole app process, but I guess not.

Reactions: Idrissrafd