+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APEGS LICENSE

itzketanpatel

Apr 17, 2022
NOC Code......
Dear Sir/madam, APEGS assigned me 'confirmatory exams', so do I need to take exam or confirmatory exam letter is sufficient for get Canada PR in Saskatchewan ? Can anyone please help me?

Oct 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-02-2019
Hi Everyone,

New to the thread, I just submitted Competency Based Assessment (CBA) for Category 1 Technical Competencies for waving of the (3) confirmatory exams?

It's been 2 weeks since my validators assessed and approved it, just wondering what is the current time line for it be reviewed by Assessors and ARC board. Any one been in the same boat recently?

Sheramunion

Mar 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

New to the thread, I just submitted Competency Based Assessment (CBA) for Category 1 Technical Competencies for waving of the (3) confirmatory exams?

It's been 2 weeks since my validators assessed and approved it, just wondering what is the current time line for it be reviewed by Assessors and ARC board. Any one been in the same boat recently?
it would take minimum of 3 months for the experience review committee to assess. Theres also no assurance whether the 3 assessors will give you a passing grade.

Reactions: Rahuldubey1987
Oct 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-02-2019
I just checked it seems like there would be only two assessors but yes if they are not satisfied they may request an interview or ask me to update my examples but it will not be a straight fail. I have 11+ years of experience out of which 3+ years is under a P. Eng. All of my examples are from Canadian projects and approved my manager and colleague both P. Eng.

It's not very clear what the process is and how evaluation is done so it could be subjective and I guess it's just wait and watch at this point. I submitted to my validators on 11 April and they approved on 14 April. So it's been one month since they approved. As per APEGS it could take 6-8 weeks. Hopefully they are not superbusy right now I don't see PNP applications (SINP) going strong at this moment

Oct 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-02-2019
My exams were waived off and I was credited 36 months. EIT dues are pending registrar approval. Any idea by when I could expect that.

Oct 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-02-2019
Hi I am going to submit my work experience to APEGS. Please any body help me to submit work experience. Please send me some information on harjeetbadwal386@gmail.com
Thanks
Have APEGS assigned you confirmatory exams and given you the option to submit work experience to waive it? Although the work experience is individual specific, I may be able to send you a typical example. When I submitted, I had like 10 page work experience.

Reactions: DR.GULRASOOL

tania22

Oct 24, 2021
Have APEGS assigned you confirmatory exams and given you the option to submit work experience to waive it? Although the work experience is individual specific, I may be able to send you a typical example. When I submitted, I had like 10 page work experience.
Hi Rahuldubey can you please send a sample to me? Have to submit work experience to waive exams.

tania22

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021

Can you please send me an example of your work experience...I would be really grateful. TIA

obixi

Mar 15, 2023
Hi good afternoon. Just recieved a message from APEGS assigning four deficiency courses for me. Can I use this letter to apply for SINP?

obixi

Mar 15, 2023
Good afternoon all. Am new on this platform. Please add me to the watapps. My number is +2348038891312

Ram6786542525

Jul 20, 2023
Hi Friends,

I am working as a software engineer for the last 15 years and got the ADR request from SINP to provide the license for my profession.
The mail I got for ADR states
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for your application to the SINP. The occupation you have identified in your application is one that requires licensure in Saskatchewan. Please submit proof of your professional status/licensure to immigration.documents@gov.sk.ca.

Your application with our office will be held for up to one year from the date of this correspondence, providing you time to receive the required Professional Status or Licensure from the professional regulatory organization. Failure to submit your Professional Status or Licensure within one year will result in your application being returned. You will not receive any further reminders after this email. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I have a problem as my bachelor's degree is in not related to software engineering or computer science though my experience is in software engineering. but I do have my masters in computer science.

Bachelors degree :- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Specialization - Electronic and Telecommunications)
Masters degree :- Master of computer science

So should I get the license done from APEGS or CIPS as my bachelor's and experience do not match. I inquired this from SINP.
This is the reply I got from them

"
1) When proof is required, the application is held for up to a year until such proof of licensure or professional status is provided. This will be communicated throught e-mail.

2) In order for you to be eligible under the SINP sub-category of OID and EE, your education must match your work experience.

If you are a software engineer AND have an engineering degree, you must apply for licensure to APEGS because you have an engineering degree.

If you are a software designer AND have a computer science degree, you must apply for licensure to CIPS. You must apply to CIPS through Route 1 (education plus experience). Your education and work experience must match.

If you are a software designer and have an engineering degree, you must apply through APEGS because you have an engineering degree.

If your applications work experience is that of an engineer you MUST provide an APEGS certificate.

Please contact https://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/Home-Page and/or http://www.cips.ca/ for more information regarding the correct licensure.
"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per the above mail, I applied for APEGS last october and waiting.
Now I have the doubts.
1) SINP say my education and work experience should match.But in my case, though my bachelor's is related to IT, it's not a software engineering degree. So would SINP consider my work experience would not match with my experience

2) Not sure how APEGS is going to evaluate this because of the above mis-match. APEGS evaluates only the bachelor's degreen and not the masters.

3) Should I also try to get the CIPS certification with my masters as my masters is in computer science.

4) Do CIPS evaluate masters degrees as well.

Please help as my deadline is nearing and I need to act fast.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Ruka,

Same situation explained below, may I know what did you end up doing. I mean which degree did you use to get APEGS licensing (Bachelors or Bachelors + Masters)

I have Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Masters in Computer Science, and I am working as a Software Engineer for the past 12 years with no breaks. My job responsibilities letter matches with the NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and that part is clear.

SINP has asked me to provide Engineer-in-Training membership from APEGS. Has anyone succeeded getting SINP nomination for NOC code 21231 - Software Engineer but APEGS certification is obtained based on Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineer (Electrical Engineering stream) though you have Masters in Computer Science. APEGS mentions that only Bachelors needs to be provided and not Masters. Does providing just Bachelors and obtaining APEGS certificate not conflict with my NOC 21231 - Software Engineer and is there any chance of SINP rejecting based on this (reason: Education doesn't match with Job).

Does SINP care about the stream from which Engineer-in-Training membership is obtained APEGS? I saw from APEGS certification that there is no stream mentioned in the certification, it just says Engineer-in-Training as opposed to Software Engineer-in-Training / Electrical Engineer-in-Training. So I feel it doesn't make a difference by choosing Electrical Engineering (with using just my Bachelors courses) / Software Engineer (with using both my Masters and Bachelors course). Please advice.