+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apartment in Richmond or Surrey for family

Indishab

Jun 9, 2020
Hi We are family of four ( two kids below 4yo) planning to move Vancouver in Aug 21. I think Richmond or Surrey would be suitable for us as I have school in Vancouver Downtown.
Could anyone suggest nearby city near Vancouver? Which website or agency should I contact for house rental.
thank

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi We are family of four ( two kids below 4yo) planning to move Vancouver in Aug 21. I think Richmond or Surrey would be suitable for us as I have school in Vancouver Downtown.
Could anyone suggest nearby city near Vancouver? Which website or agency should I contact for house rental.
thank
Do you really need to go to school in downtown Vancouver? Certainly there are elementary and colleges in other cities in Metro Vancouver. And unless you go to private school, public schools are based on where you live.

For rentals, you can check padmapper.com for listings.

Reactions: Indishab

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank
The competition for more affordable rentals is usually tough and most landlords like to meet the tenants before signing a lease. Woulx anticipate that you may need to airbnb when first arriving and look for a rental while already in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank
Other than Richmond and Surrey, you can also look for listings in Burnaby, North Vancouver, New Westminister and the tri-cities area of Metro
Vancouver. As you can see from the website, most are bordering Vancouver.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Good luck living in Surrey and dropping the kids off at a school downtown Vancouver..you will be stuck in traffic for 2 hours/day.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am guessing OP wants to take sky train/canada line to DT for school. Both richmond and surrey has sky trains stations.
But bus connection to those is very important. Some area may not have very frequent buses unless you are in walking distance to the train stations.
(Some areas right next to the stations aren't the best. You will need to see if yourself.)

As other have suggested, try to rent air B&B and look for rental after you arrived.
Cities like Burnaby, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, New Westminister are possible options. They all are reachable by sky trains.

There are also rapid buses going to DT as well.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 hours a day for commute to and from work/school is pretty common in metro Vancouver.
But the City of Vancouver also have residential neighborhoods. Even downtown, their are condos and airbnb (which some requires one to stay at least 3 months).

Indishab

Jun 9, 2020
Do you really need to go to school in downtown Vancouver? Certainly there are elementary and colleges in other cities in Metro Vancouver. And unless you go to private school, public schools are based on where you live.

For rentals, you can check padmapper.com for listings.
Sorry to confuse. What I meant was my university. I'm attending master course in UCW.