+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR1 question

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
I was just curious whether the first AOR is typically sent in physical mail or email? We provided an email in the application form.
My spouse's permanent address is a very rural location and she isn't always there, so email is ideal. It wouldn't be a problem if the initial AOR came by physical mail, just more for curiosity sake.
From what I read I heard it could be mail or email... so which is more common? I am talking prior to linking to an online account.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I was just curious whether the first AOR is typically sent in physical mail or email? We provided an email in the application form.
My spouse's permanent address is a very rural location and she isn't always there, so email is ideal. It wouldn't be a problem if the initial AOR came by physical mail, just more for curiosity sake.
From what I read I heard it could be mail or email... so which is more common? I am talking prior to linking to an online account.

email

WhiteWalker89

Aug 29, 2017

Hey Kohman,

I highly recommend you link your application to the online account, this way you will get instant notifications by email about request letters and acknowledgment of receipt the moment they are submitted by CIC. Mailing documents will delay your processing especially if you are located in a rural area. If your account is linked you will receive all notifications via email, in addition you will also have the ability to submit documents online which speeds up everything, it is simply better.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hey Kohman,

I highly recommend you link your application to the online account, this way you will get instant notifications by email about request letters and acknowledgment of receipt the moment they are submitted by CIC. Mailing documents will delay your processing especially if you are located in a rural area. If your account is linked you will receive all notifications via email, in addition you will also have the ability to submit documents online which speeds up everything, it is simply better.
I'm sure they will link it, but they haven't even received AOR yet.