+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR through email or snail mail

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
I sent in my citizenship application on March 23rd and it was received on March 25th (with no signature, delivered to PO box address) by IRCC. I have not received AOR till date and it looks like it will be some months before I do so. I will be moving from my current province to a new province in early September. I am concerned if AOR is delivered by post, I will not receive my case # and will not be able to track my citizenship application. Does IRCC give AOR through email or postal mail? Is there any way I can notify IRCC of my change in address/province?

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Reactions: nicolass

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
In your application if you have provided an email, they will exclusively use it to contact you.

When you change provinces you need to inform them to transfer your file to a new office, I recommend you check this point in order to avoid losing time for your file transfer.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
In your application if you have provided an email, they will exclusively use it to contact you.

When you change provinces you need to inform them to transfer your file to a new office, I recommend you check this point in order to avoid losing time for your file transfer.
Actually they will probably use email but may decide not to for one or more steps. My oath for example was my snail mail despite AOR, FP, Test all by email. And for actual snail mail ... for me when I got AOR the mailing address was from my PR (lawyers address) several years before.

There are threads but I’ve not yet seen a clear one on forwarding. I would make all efforts to see if someone at the listed address would indeed forward the mail for you.

Given the above point about PR, maybe try using your UCI reference from that to update address too? Not sure if this helps but I’ve see and heard other reports of the mailing address being from way earlier applications.

Best of luck with the move!

Reactions: anandg12

supermario

Mar 9, 2018
Actually they will probably use email but may decide not to for one or more steps. My oath for example was my snail mail despite AOR, FP, Test all by email. And for actual snail mail ... for me when I got AOR the mailing address was from my PR (lawyers address) several years before.

There are threads but I’ve not yet seen a clear one on forwarding. I would make all efforts to see if someone at the listed address would indeed forward the mail for you.

Given the above point about PR, maybe try using your UCI reference from that to update address too? Not sure if this helps but I’ve see and heard other reports of the mailing address being from way earlier applications.

Best of luck with the move!
What is snail mail? Is it regular mail?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is snail mail? Is it regular mail?
it's a nickname for actual postal mailing service.
It's slow like a snail travels.

We did get our PGP application AOR via snailmail (2 years ago). I think they wanted to verify our mailing address.