+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AOR SEPTEMBER 2019 Tracking and discussions - join here***** ||||

Nimmy1993

Jun 17, 2019
Aor - Sept 5, 2019
MEP- September 26
After that, no updates

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • September 26, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I called them on Wednesday and they said my background check hasn't started yet and you will get an email when they start. My VO is Edmonton while I live in Ontario.
Does anyone know what is happening? Why they haven't started with the BG yet?
It's been more than a month

Reactions: Iqbalhossain

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Aor - Sept 5, 2019
MEP- September 26
After that, no updates

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I called them on Wednesday and they said my background check hasn't started yet and you will get an email when they start. My VO is Edmonton while I live in Ontario.
I live in Ontario my VO is Edmonton too. I AOR-ed Aug 01. Like you, I called last week and my BG has not even started too.
Think its normal, file sits there until someone picks it up ...

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Aor - Sept 5, 2019
MEP- September 26
After that, no updates

I agree it all seems to be normal, nothing out of ordinary to be honest

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Aor - Sept 5, 2019
MEP- September 26
After that, no updates

Hey, when did your background check changed to "Your application is in progress...."? cause it's normally "We are processing your background check...." at first...

Nimmy1993

Jun 17, 2019
Hey, when did your background check changed to "Your application is in progress...."? cause it's normally "We are processing your background check...." at first...
When my MEP was changed.

IP1 - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

IP2 - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

IP1 is supposed to be first. I believe if we submit RCMP report with our application, usually we see IP1, else we see IP2

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
When my MEP was changed.

IP1 - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

IP2 - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

IP1 is supposed to be first. I believe if we submit RCMP report with our application, usually we see IP1, else we see IP2

Oh okay. Cause mine was not applicable (the time I submitted) then changed to “we are processing...” when I got MEP. Never got the “your application is in progress..” or maybe not yet...

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Andy,

Not sure how this thread works, but here's my info so that it can be added to your stats and help our fellow travellers.

FSW-outland.
AOR: 26 September 2019
Meds cleared: 09 October
BIL request letter received: 08 October also
One email came on 08th saying that a new message is in inbox (the BIL receipt letter); then on 9th an email came saying " your account has been updated"
Biometrics received and registered on 14 October
BCG check remains at: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

No emails or status message updates since the 14th. All quiet on the horizon :p. Right of Permanent Residence Fee has already been paid upfront. I have no intention of poking the IRCC bear with any pointless questions unless there's no more updates for a few more months.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi Andy,

Not sure how this thread works, but here's my info so that it can be added to your stats and help our fellow travellers.

FSW-outland.
AOR: 26 September 2019
Meds cleared: 09 October
BIL request letter received: 08 October also
One email came on 08th saying that a new message is in inbox (the BIL receipt letter); then on 9th an email came saying " your account has been updated"
Biometrics received and registered on 14 October
BCG check remains at: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

No emails or status message updates since the 14th. All quiet on the horizon :p. Right of Permanent Residence Fee has already been paid upfront. I have no intention of poking the IRCC bear with any pointless questions unless there's no more updates for a few more months.
Thank you mate! You can add your case here: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/cases/new (it takes 1 minute to register, 1 min to add the case).

I always support that no need to bother IRCC with calls and e-mails, they don't help - you will hear in due course, when decision is made, it is unfortunately takes time.

Good luck

STIX09

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks so much mate! All the best!
Hiya,
I haven't found any comments on any threads regarding family that is living in canada already, does the fact that you have family living there speed up your application in any way?
I wouldnt think it would but i'm just being curious.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hiya,
I haven't found any comments on any threads regarding family that is living in canada already, does the fact that you have family living there speed up your application in any way?
I wouldnt think it would but i'm just being curious.
No it doesn't there is no evidence on that.

mika_zn

Sep 4, 2019
Hi

We received AOR on 20 September and I submitted my BOWP application on 21 September.
I was under the impression that the BOWP take 60 days to process however I see that most people receive their BOWP 4 months after submission.

I need to travel on 7 December, any advice on this? My spouse is working in a NOC 0 job which he started a month ago, could I possibly fly into Pearson airport and apply for a Spousal Work Permit at the border upon my return from travels?

Thanks so much!

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi

We received AOR on 20 September and I submitted my BOWP application on 21 September.
I was under the impression that the BOWP take 60 days to process however I see that most people receive their BOWP 4 months after submission.

I need to travel on 7 December, any advice on this? My spouse is working in a NOC 0 job which he started a month ago, could I possibly fly into Pearson airport and apply for a Spousal Work Permit at the border upon my return from travels?

Thanks so much!
I am in the same boat, same BOWP dates and haven't heard anything back, also need to travel at a similar time! But it is a very bad idea to travel with no confirmed BOWP or PR unless you don't mind not being able to work when you return to Canada