+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR sent but not received?

jannylan

May 22, 2018
Hi, I sent my complete application package on December 5, 2017. This is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2018.
I've been waiting since January for my AOR to arrive in the mail and it still hasn't. Are there important details of my application that I must know within my AOR or information I must send back to them? Should I need to get in contact with a CIC representative to figure out why I haven't received it? Will my application be delayed if I don't do anything and wait it out?

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
they don' actually send anything in the mail I think it's standard to say the did, you should have received an email which have your application number then you can use the case number to follow up on their website so you may know what's the next step

jannylan

May 22, 2018
they don' actually send anything in the mail I think it's standard to say the did, you should have received an email which have your application number then you can use the case number to follow up on their website so you may know what's the next step
I have not received any email or anything either, how can I find out which email address they've sent it to?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Did you give an email address? Have you checked your inbox or spam folder?

FYI: there's nothing major in the AoR. It's really just that, an Acknowledgement of Receipt... the only thing you get is an application number.

However, you should worry and call the Call Centre if you see in your E-CAS: a correspondence was sent (FP request).... and/or test/oath invitations

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
you can check your spam mine went straight to spam and the information you used to check their website which I am thinking is your PR card you can contact their toll free number and they will provide you with more information about your application

jannylan

May 22, 2018
Did you give an email address? Have you checked your inbox or spam folder?

FYI: there's nothing major in the AoR. It's really just that, an Acknowledgement of Receipt... the only thing you get is an application number.

However, you should worry and call the Call Centre if you see in your E-CAS: a correspondence was sent (FP request).... and/or test/oath invitations
I provided my email in my application but nowhere else, how can I get that updated?

Also, will the information on E-CAS differ if I use my application number to check vs if I use my UCI?

jannylan

May 22, 2018
Will E-CAS be updated if additional information/documents are required from my application? Or what other methods will they try to notify me with?

Fido911

Sep 22, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
LANDED..........
16-08-2012
I have not received any email or anything either, how can I find out which email address they've sent it to?
As long as ecas indicates that they sent you the AOR and you didn’t receive it either by mail or email, you’re fine. AOR only means you have submitted a complete application. I didn’t receive my AOR either, what you should worry about is if ECAS says they sent you a test or oath invite and you didn’t get it by mail or email. Always check your ecas so that you know in case they sent you the invites and if you didn’t receive them you can contact them about it