+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR received, attempting to visitor visa application. Need help

kronok

Nov 7, 2022
Hi,
I received AOR for my wife who is in back home Bangladesh right now. Now I am thinking to apply visitor visa for her. The thing is that she doesn't work, doesn't have a good bank balance either.

How can I show a good tie to back home in this situation.

Needs experts help, please!

Thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi,
I received AOR for my wife who is in back home Bangladesh right now. Now I am thinking to apply visitor visa for her. The thing is that she doesn't work, doesn't have a good bank balance either.

Thanks
Hi Kronok. Firstly, wait for Sponsorship Approval letter as well. Probably it will take a day or two. But wait for that as well.
Then begin your wife's TRV application.

Ties back to home. Dont worry about that. But yes, provide enough financial evidences of your income and confirmation in writing that you will provide for her everything, from travel expenses, to her stay in canada. And if you have evidences of sending money to her right now, then add that in the application as well - that you are even providing for her right now.
Provide your pay stubs for 3-6 months, employer's letter, NOA, etc etc. enough evidence that officer knows the she wont be in financial troubles.

Once she is in Canada, she will be allowed to apply for OPEN WORK PERMIT. If she is educated, has IELTS passed (or another proof that she speaks fluent english) and has some skills/experience that she can get a job (specify job role/title etc), put that as further evidence as well.

So no need to worry about trying to prove that she will get back to her country. IRCC finally got the common sense to accept and realize that when a Canadian Spouse is trying to bring his/her spouse to Canada - generally they are trying to live together.

All the best in your application!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kronok. Firstly, wait for Sponsorship Approval letter as well. Probably it will take a day or two. But wait for that as well.
Then begin your wife's TRV application.

Ties back to home. Dont worry about that. But yes, provide enough financial evidences of your income and confirmation in writing that you will provide for her everything, from travel expenses, to her stay in canada. And if you have evidences of sending money to her right now, then add that in the application as well - that you are even providing for her right now.
Provide your pay stubs for 3-6 months, employer's letter, NOA, etc etc. enough evidence that officer knows the she wont be in financial troubles.

Once she is in Canada, she will be allowed to apply for OPEN WORK PERMIT. If she is educated, has IELTS passed (or another proof that she speaks fluent english) and has some skills/experience that she can get a job (specify job role/title etc), put that as further evidence as well.

So no need to worry about trying to prove that she will get back to her country. IRCC finally got the common sense to accept and realize that when a Canadian Spouse is trying to bring his/her spouse to Canada - generally they are trying to live together.

All the best in your application!
Ties back home for the OP's wife ARE important! She needs to have strong ties because if her PR sponsorship application is denied, CBSA needs to know that she has a `life' to return to in Bangladesh and will leave Canada!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks
Since you have AOR, you should follow these threads:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/#post-10484228

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-trv-measures-from-ircc-for-spouses-having-sponsorship-application.803791

I talked to ircc and asked that question specifically and they said you have to wait for your aor before applyong for trv under the new regulations. Hope that helps!