+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR questions

glob

Oct 6, 2017
I have received an e-mail from CIC that starts like this:
This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.
- which is AOR, I believe.
1. Does it guarantee the application won't be refused as incomplete? (unless they have any specific questions to my case and I don't respond timely)
2. Why can't I see the status through CIC website? Does it take some time to get updated?

Thanks.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
It does take time to get updated. Yes they might come at a later stage and ask you for additional documents. AOR though means that for the time being it seems you have filled out everything correctly and they will pass it on to your local office.
Better start to be patient though...it might take weeks - not days- before you get the update that it is in process, which means the local office has started to look at it.

Reactions: ibry and glob