+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>AOR October 2022<<<<<<<**Join Here**

jaymaan888

Sep 23, 2022
I think you should order GCMS notes and call at IRCC as well. From the notes you will have a fair view of various things.
Thanks for the advise. I had called them multiple times before but as usual they have nothing more to tell me other than what I already know.

I did not know about the GCMS notes, I have just learned about and have raised it to them, hope can this will get it moving again.

So I think the reason the agents are not able to tell us much is pretty obvious to me now....they want us to pay to access our own information via GCMS notes.

Deepak884800

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Hi Deepak, do you any update on your application? I am FSW-Inland with AOR of 28/10, and I am still in background verification stage.
As on date my eligibility and background verification is in progress. BG switched from not started to in progress on April, 19th. However, when I spoke to the agent over the phone, she told me everything is complete except for eligibility and security screening and I was asked to wait till standard processing time gets elapsed i.e. 10 months from AOR, thanks!

Deepak884800

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
To everyone whose application is stuck at "eligibility not started" or "eligibility is in progress". In most of such cases, eligibility "may" have been marked "review required" by case processing analyst or program assistant for the senior VO who in return may raise an ADR or approve the application. In such instance, application takes a while to reach a decision and mostly likely eats the standard processing time line.

As an applicant, its advisable to order GCMS notes from CBSA and understand the actual comments logged in the notes for review required and wait for further correspondence from IRCC or one can raise web form suo moto and address the concern.

Further, if all parameters on tracker show complete except for background check which shows in progress for quite a long time, its mostly likely because one has been put to go through "comprehensive security screening" and hence the delay.

Thank you!

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Deepak884800

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
If eligibility is marked review required, security check will not start. In most of the cases, security screening is initiated only after eligibility is recommended passed and is considered to be the final action.

Reactions: sean468

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
If eligibility is marked review required, security check will not start. In most of the cases, security screening is initiated only after eligibility is recommended passed and is considered to be the final action.
Unless you're a PNP of course. Security and BGC will start well before Eligibility does.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Guess what ? I am Inland PNP...and Security is "Not Started" 131 days from AOR
Yeah it makes no sense the order in which they do PNP haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Miracle2018

LKD India

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Security check is going on forever without no end in sight. I wish there could be a way to ascertain what is actually happening at IRCC’s end!!! Calling the agents with different IQs and handling their weird temperaments are becoming difficult to handle now.

Deepak884800

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Security check is going on forever without no end in sight. I wish there could be a way to ascertain what is actually happening at IRCC’s end!!! Calling the agents with different IQs and handling their weird temperaments are becoming difficult to handle now.
It could possibly be that your application has been flagged for "comprehensive security screening", if that's the case then you can expect your background check in progress for an unreasonable time line.

Being said so, the best thing to do is order GCMS notes with both IRCC and CBSA to understand the exact complexity of your application.
Good luck!

jaymaan888

Sep 23, 2022
Thanks for the advise. I had called them multiple times before but as usual they have nothing more to tell me other than what I already know.

I did not know about the GCMS notes, I have just learned about and have raised it to them, hope can this will get it moving again.

So I think the reason the agents are not able to tell us much is pretty obvious to me now....they want us to pay to access our own information via GCMS notes.

Finally my Background verification status has been updated to Completed after 6 months. And I was asked to re-submit LOE with job descriptions which was missing previously.

The Eligibility is showing as 'Not Started' but I have already re-submitted the LOE with JD within 2 days of their request.

Can I expect the Eligibility and the PPR to be completed by end of June ?

LKD India

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Finally my Background verification status has been updated to Completed after 6 months. And I was asked to re-submit LOE with job descriptions which was missing previously.

The Eligibility is showing as 'Not Started' but I have already re-submitted the LOE with JD within 2 days of their request.

It appears ordering notes has worked for you. I have read somewhere that when someone orders notes, they look at your file and do some work on it. You will definitely get good news in a week or two.
Good luck

Reactions: Deepak884800

jaymaan888

Sep 23, 2022
It appears ordering notes has worked for you. I have read somewhere that when someone orders notes, they look at your file and do some work on it. You will definitely get good news in a week or two.
Good luck
Thanks I hope so too - I have already re-submitted the requested references. But I still haven't got any feedback on the GCMS notes yet.

jaymaan888

Sep 23, 2022

Quick update: Background checks have been updated as 'Completed' and Eligibility changed from 'Not Started' to 'Completed' after IRCC confirmed they received my additional doc (LOE with JDs).