VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
This might be a bit tangential or maybe not but wanted to see if anyone here has a not-so-straightforward application and still had a fast processing time. For instance, my POF includes a gift deed that I got from my father about a week before AOR (makes up for about 40% of the POF). I also have a somewhat complicated travel/personal history, having moved a bit and traveled to a few countries. I explained all of these in LoEs though so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue.

I'm hoping they'll continue processing late-November AORs speedily as well.

My timeline (FSW-O):
AOR: November 25, 2022
MEP: December 7, 2022
Biometrics linked: December 12, 2022

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
This might be a bit tangential or maybe not but wanted to see if anyone here has a not-so-straightforward application and still had a fast processing time. For instance, my POF includes a gift deed that I got from my father about a week before AOR (makes up for about 40% of the POF). I also have a somewhat complicated travel/personal history, having moved a bit and traveled to a few countries. I explained all of these in LoEs though so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue.

My timeline (FSW-O):
Not sure if I would consider my application as 'not-so-straighforward' but there were certainly a few things which could potentially cause a delay:
- both my wife and I are dual citizens (not since birth)
- I didn't provide PCC from my country of birth (technically not needed as I moved to the UK over 10 years ago but it was up to the case officer to decide)
- some of the money for POF was in an account in my wife's name and I was only added to that account a few days before the application
- my job title doesn't match my NOC
- extensive travel history

Like I said - I think it's still pretty straightforward but a lot of potential things a case officer could pick up. Got my PPR within 7 weeks.

I think as long as you cover everything in LoE it should be ok.... but who knows ;)

D

Deleted member 1006777

My timeline (FSW-O):
I thought mine was not-so-straightforward, and was planning on an 8 month processing time.
  • Lost passport with 90% of my previous entry-exit stamps and previous visas
    • Provided all previous flight tickets as proof of travel
    • Provided copy of police report that I filed after I lost my passport
    • Provided previously scanned visas
  • Previous visa technically refused because application was abandoned
  • Work exp did not match any NOC code that well, and my entire team was let go, so nop direct contact in case they called. Also it was a contract position, so place of work was different from people providing the paycheck
    • Provided tax documents, payslips, and explanation of situation
  • Relatively complex travel history, but again, I provided flight tickets etc as proof.

I did however make the LOE as simple as possible to read, had a table of contents, and everything was organized as cleanly as possible. While submitting the documents, I asked myself what are the possible questions an agent may have, and preemptively provided documents and explanations for everything I could think of. Also submitted an upfront Schedule A to avoid a gap in processing for an ADR.

Maybe this influenced my quick PPR, or maybe it didn't. Ultimately, it was pure luck, and I don't think there was much I could have done one way or the other. Just wanted to increase the odds of my app getting processed quickly with the stuff I mentioned above. Still don't have a COPR or 'approved' applications, but I'm close to both by all means.

CoolUk2

Oct 13, 2022
Sure!

Full timeline is as follows:

CRS: 500
ITA: October 12th (FSW - Outland single applicant)
Upfront Medical: Done October 29th 2022
Submitted: November 5th 2022
AOR: November 5th 2022
MEP & BIL: November 17th
BIL and Background check update: November 18th
Ghost Update: Application/ Profile Updated on Monday December 19th

Ready for Visa email: Today, December 21
A quick update following my passport submission last week. My profile was updated today and shows:

Eligibility and Final decision: Approved December 30th
Background check: This was officially completed on December 19th

Passport has been stamped and returned to VFS. Should be able to pick it up in-person within the next two weeks!

Hope this gives an idea on timelines but don't lose hope if your processing time is not exactly the same. Not sure why mine and a few others have been really quick lately but it's a good sign overall!

CoolUk2

Oct 13, 2022
A quick update following my passport submission last week. My profile was updated today and shows:

Eligibility and Final decision: Approved December 30th
Background check: This was officially completed on December 19th

Passport has been stamped and returned to VFS. Should be able to pick it up in-person within the next two weeks!

Hope this gives an idea on timelines but don't lose hope if your processing time is not exactly the same. Not sure why mine and a few others have been really quick lately but it's a good sign overall!
Just received another notification that I can pick up ny passport today. Passport stamping process took less than a week...

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Just received another notification that I can pick up ny passport today. Passport stamping process took less than a week...
Wow! That's insanely quick! I'm planning to drop off my docs at VFS next week and assuming it will take around 8 weeks to get COPR.
Planning to move in late April so I'm not in a rush but it would be nice to get COPR early to start planning properly :)

Reactions: CoolUk2

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Oh what other countries are you two citizens of? And what made to decide to go to Canada? Just curious
We were both born in Poland and moved to the UK in our early 20s (we met here) and we've been living in the UK for around 17 years.

Reasons to move to Canada...
- My wife always liked the idea of living there.
- We've been talking about it on and off for around 10 years so we've decided to give it a shot (you only regret things you've never done, right?).
- All Canadians we've ever met were really lovely people (very much our kind of people).
- UK has been going massively downhill over the last few years.
- We specifically want to move to Vancouver - big multicultural city, ocean, and mountains. It just feels like the right place for us.

In short - we want/need change and Canada (Vancouver) ticks a lot of boxes.

I know that Canada is not perfect but no country is. And if we don't like it, we can always move somewhere else :)

D

Deleted member 1006777

We were both born in Poland and moved to the UK in our early 20s (we met here) and we've been living in the UK for around 17 years.

Reasons to move to Canada...
- My wife always liked the idea of living there.
- We've been talking about it on and off for around 10 years so we've decided to give it a shot (you only regret things you've never done, right?).
- All Canadians we've ever met were really lovely people (very much our kind of people).
- UK has been going massively downhill over the last few years.
- We specifically want to move to Vancouver - big multicultural city, ocean, and mountains. It just feels like the right place for us.

In short - we want/need change and Canada (Vancouver) ticks a lot of boxes.

I know that Canada is not perfect but no country is. And if we don't like it, we can always move somewhere else :)
Oh nice. Vancouver is nice if you can afford it! Wasn't aware things were getting worse in the UK (outside of the recent energy crisis etc). Good luck to you both. Hope it suits you well.

Reactions: AndyUK

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Oh nice. Vancouver is nice if you can afford it! Wasn't aware things were getting worse in the UK (outside of the recent energy crisis etc). Good luck to you both. Hope it suits you well.
Moving to Vancouver will defo mean some sacrifices but we feel is going to be worth it. And tbh it's not that much more expensive than Cambridge where we are now.
Yeah since Brexit UK has been going downhill. I'm not going to get into a discussion whether Brexit was good or bad but there's no doubt that it was handled REALLY bad. Just a lot of little things which have been adding up over the last few years.
And energy crisis is just a joke... £500 heating bill just for December! For a 1 bed flat in a very modern building (so you would think it should be energy efficient).

Thanks and all the best to you too :)

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Not sure if I would consider my application as 'not-so-straighforward' but there were certainly a few things which could potentially cause a delay:
- both my wife and I are dual citizens (not since birth)
- I didn't provide PCC from my country of birth (technically not needed as I moved to the UK over 10 years ago but it was up to the case officer to decide)
- some of the money for POF was in an account in my wife's name and I was only added to that account a few days before the application
- my job title doesn't match my NOC
- extensive travel history

Like I said - I think it's still pretty straightforward but a lot of potential things a case officer could pick up. Got my PPR within 7 weeks.

I think as long as you cover everything in LoE it should be ok.... but who knows ;)
Thanks for the detailed answer! I guess at the end of the day it’s how the visa officer looks at the whole application and decides if it makes sense or not.

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
I thought mine was not-so-straightforward, and was planning on an 8 month processing time.
  • Lost passport with 90% of my previous entry-exit stamps and previous visas
    • Provided all previous flight tickets as proof of travel
    • Provided copy of police report that I filed after I lost my passport
    • Provided previously scanned visas
  • Previous visa technically refused because application was abandoned
  • Work exp did not match any NOC code that well, and my entire team was let go, so nop direct contact in case they called. Also it was a contract position, so place of work was different from people providing the paycheck
    • Provided tax documents, payslips, and explanation of situation
  • Relatively complex travel history, but again, I provided flight tickets etc as proof.

I did however make the LOE as simple as possible to read, had a table of contents, and everything was organized as cleanly as possible. While submitting the documents, I asked myself what are the possible questions an agent may have, and preemptively provided documents and explanations for everything I could think of. Also submitted an upfront Schedule A to avoid a gap in processing for an ADR.

Maybe this influenced my quick PPR, or maybe it didn't. Ultimately, it was pure luck, and I don't think there was much I could have done one way or the other. Just wanted to increase the odds of my app getting processed quickly with the stuff I mentioned above. Still don't have a COPR or 'approved' applications, but I'm close to both by all means.
Thanks for the reply!
Yea I think luck has to do with it as well - imagine the visa officer not having a good day and finding one small thing they don’t like or find a small technicality.

Also wow you had to do so much! Glad it worked out for you quickly though! My main concern is just my PoF coming together just a few days before I submitted and that I got the PCC from my home country over a month before I submitted the application.

I did write fairly extensive LoEs but I was also worried about writing too much and making it complicated for the visa officer. For example, I’ve had 4 different roles at my current company and one of them was just a title change because of some internal reorganization so not a promotion or massive change in job responsibilities - I thought about explaining that but decided against it because there’s literally no document I could attach to show what had happened. My company gave me the reference letter and it was listed as a separate role but with similar responsibilities so I just added the letter. For other positions, I also included promotion/transfer letters.

Let’s see what happens. I was originally expecting 6-8 months too (still am) but seeing some cases getting processed quickly is giving some hope!