+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR --> Medical Instruction (Delay?)

fish

Nov 27, 2007
Hi all, this is my first post here. :)

My girlfriend is applying for permanent residence as a skilled worker via Quebec's immigration program and has successfully acquired a CSQ. We then forwarded the CSQ along with the federal application to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City. Two questions:

1. We received the AOR on October 10th but have not received any news since then. Aren't we supposed to get medical instructions relatively fast after the AOR? It's been over 6 weeks. Is normal or possibly an indication of problems with application?

2. Secondly, when I checked for status on the CIC website, there is no info for our application. Are Quebec files accessible using this online status service?

Sincerely,
-fish

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fish said:
Hi all, this is my first post here. :)

My girlfriend is applying for permanent residence as a skilled worker via Quebec's immigration program and has successfully acquired a CSQ. We then forwarded the CSQ along with the federal application to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City. Two questions:

1. We received the AOR on October 10th but have not received any news since then. Aren't we supposed to get medical instructions relatively fast after the AOR? It's been over 6 weeks. Is normal or possibly an indication of problems with application?

2. Secondly, when I checked for status on the CIC website, there is no info for our application. Are Quebec files accessible using this online status service?

Sincerely,
-fish
1. You are jumping the gun, it will be 7-12 months to process in Mexico city. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp#west
2. They won't issue medical instructions until near the end of the process, so the medical does not expire.
3. Eventually she will be able to find her file on Ecas, but note it has only been 6 weeks.

PMM

fish

Nov 27, 2007
PMM said:
1. You are jumping the gun, it will be 7-12 months to process in Mexico city. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-que.asp#west
2. They won't issue medical instructions until near the end of the process, so the medical does not expire.
3. Eventually she will be able to find her file on Ecas, but note it has only been 6 weeks.

PMM
Thank you for the quick and kind response. I understood that it was on average 12 months for the case to be finalized but was under the impression that the medical instructions were soon after submitting. However, what you said about the medical instructions being requested at the end makes sense if they're only valid for 12 months.

May I ask what the next step is after the AOR? Is it this semi-long wait for the medical instructions, or should we expect something before that?

Thanks so much for the advice, its priceless.

-fish

fish

Nov 27, 2007
What's strange is that according the Canadian Embassy it sounds as if the medical instructions should been sent right away... So confusing:

The medical forms and the instructions will be issued by our office 20 working days after submission of your application, CSQ and documents, plus payment of processing fees.
source: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mexico-city/immigration/quebec_certificate-en.asp
Think they made a mistake on their site?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fish said:
What's strange is that according the Canadian Embassy it sounds as if the medical instructions should been sent right away... So confusing:

The medical forms and the instructions will be issued by our office 20 working days after submission of your application, CSQ and documents, plus payment of processing fees.
source: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mexico-city/immigration/quebec_certificate-en.asp
Think they made a mistake on their site?
Probably, if it is taking 7-12 months to process, then what is the point in sending out medical instructions, if they expire and you have redo the medical, adding another 6 weeks or so, or leaving you only a month or two land. But who knows.

PMM

fish

Nov 27, 2007
I hope you're right as we've passed the 20 days. I've sent a fax to the embassy regarding this quote from their site.

-fish

fish

Nov 27, 2007
PMM said:
Probably, if it is taking 7-12 months to process, then what is the point in sending out medical instructions, if they expire and you have redo the medical, adding another 6 weeks or so, or leaving you only a month or two land. But who knows.

I got a response to my faxed inquiry to the embassy. Indeed as we had suspected, it's a mistake on the embassy's webpage. They said they would update the information soon but to be assured that we will be sent the medical instructions only after they evaluate her application, approximately 6 months from it being submitted.

It's a relief to know things are on track.

Thanks for the advice,

-fish

chadpogi2003

Oct 24, 2008
I consulted the Fees Section of CIC website but i failed to calculate my fees.The site gives too much figures that I could hardly compute my EXACT fees.Please assist me in calculating.I am from Manila Philippines.I applied in the Family Support Priority Stream. I have already completed my papers except for the payment of fees (Permanent Resident).Please give me a more detailed information re: fees. Thanks.

piper

Nov 18, 2008
chadpogi2003 said:
I consulted the Fees Section of CIC website but i failed to calculate my fees.The site gives too much figures that I could hardly compute my EXACT fees.Please assist me in calculating.I am from Manila Philippines.I applied in the Family Support Priority Stream. I have already completed my papers except for the payment of fees (Permanent Resident).Please give me a more detailed information re: fees. Thanks.
Hi there.. U may check this site... I am also from the Philippines. Hope this helps..
http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/manila/visas/fees-en.aspx