+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR May 2019

Gagan Bhatia

Dec 23, 2016
Permanent Residency CEC class AOR received on May 16.

Medical done & had to upload additional documents pertaining to my extended family within a week of July 5th.
Timeline shows 16 weeks remain, estimated to be completed by November 16th 2019.

Submitted a BOWP via paper/mail to Edmonton on June 16th and haven't heard anything back at all and am starting to get worried as my current work permit expires on August 24th. I know I will be covered by Implied Status until I hear back about the BOWP but I am worried that I filled something out on it incorrectly and it will be rejected, forcing me to resign from my job and leave the country. Should I apply for another BOWP online immediately just in case?

Thanks.
No, you don't have to apply again. Whenever you send the application by mail(paper), the processing time increases. I was in same situation so I know it feels like. Just have patience. I got my BOWP in four months from date I applied. So I guess you have ample of time left.

Reactions: nocureforcancer

parmarja

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Permanent Residency CEC class AOR received on May 16.

Medical done & had to upload additional documents pertaining to my extended family within a week of July 5th.
Timeline shows 16 weeks remain, estimated to be completed by November 16th 2019.

Submitted a BOWP via paper/mail to Edmonton on June 16th and haven't heard anything back at all and am starting to get worried as my current work permit expires on August 24th. I know I will be covered by Implied Status until I hear back about the BOWP but I am worried that I filled something out on it incorrectly and it will be rejected, forcing me to resign from my job and leave the country. Should I apply for another BOWP online immediately just in case?

Thanks.

I am worried about the same... I applied May 27 (mail application) its been 5 months.. no update.... I am keeping my fingers crossed that all stays well... my WP expired june 2 so i cant even apply for anything now... :(

Ayman229

Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone, my AOR is May 22. I just had a ghost update, and my background check status changed to: your application is in progress. we will send you a message when we start your background check. before it was: we are processing your background check. we will send you a message of we need more information.
the new background status was once on my profile and changed after submitting my biometrics. now it is back to its original state. VO is Ottawa. any idea what that means? Some friends told me that this might mean that IP2 has started.

Jul 30, 2019
I am worried about the same... I applied May 27 (mail application) its been 5 months.. no update.... I am keeping my fingers crossed that all stays well... my WP expired june 2 so i cant even apply for anything now... :(
I ended up submitting a second BOWP application online (once I figured out how to do it) and voila I got my BOWP in the mail last Friday.

Also I got my Golden Email on October 1st - immediately sent it in and it was received on Oct 7th. Got another email regarding a profile update last night, so I checked my account on CIC and my online profile now says Permanent Residency application was successful.

Guess I'm just waiting for my PR card in the mail now :D