+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JAN 2016 - let's get together

NNImran

May 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am an FSW applicant from Bangladesh. I have just crossed my six months marks on the 25th.
Yesterday I called CIC and they informed me that the criminality has been passed but the background check says not started. He says this could be that the background check is complete but has not been updated.

Can someone tell me if criminality is the last checking step? I heard criminality is usually done after all other checks have been done. Can some one tell me something about this?

Thanks

MuhammadMazid

May 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Wonder what SGVO does/checks after issuing PPR that it takes 6 weeks for them to issue COPR...
MrTee said:
SGVO is also infamous for long copr processing time , up to 6 weeks some reported.

MuhammadMazid

May 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
You at least got some information from CIC. I also called hem yesterday, the call center agent didn't give me any information although it has been 180 days since AOR for me (But technically still not 6 calendar months).
NNImran said:
Hi everyone,

I am an FSW applicant from Bangladesh. I have just crossed my six months marks on the 25th.
Yesterday I called CIC and they informed me that the criminality has been passed but the background check says not started. He says this could be that the background check is complete but has not been updated.

Can someone tell me if criminality is the last checking step? I heard criminality is usually done after all other checks have been done. Can some one tell me something about this?

Thanks

CAD_CAD

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Sunny16 said:
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR guys today morning.

Submitted by passport to VFS as well.

Congraaats Sunny,

hope this opens the day for many more. Go Wednesday Go !!!

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Svetlanka said:
No, it wouldn't be fine. You wouldn't be allowed to takeoff from your country without showing the PR card.
Could you prove your words?
The guy says his wife will bring the PR card from Canada to him. He will leave his home country with PR card. So what's the problem?

And there is a permanent resident travel document for those who are outside Canada without PR card. One can apply for this document from the home country to get back to Canada. I even posted a link to CIC web site. These questions have been discussed thousand times on this forum.

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IcedCoffee said:
Could you prove your words?
The guy says his wife will bring the PR card from Canada to him. He will leave his home country with PR card. So what's the problem?

And there is a permanent resident travel document for those who are outside Canada without PR card. One can apply for this document from the home country to get back to Canada. I even posted a link to CIC web site. These questions have been discussed thousand times on this forum.
No, the guy said "My wife who will be in canada can give me the PR card when she comes to meet me. Will this be fine?" So, there is no way he to leave his home country with PR card. And the fact that his wife will meet him with PR card doesn't matter at all, because he will have to pass the border control before to meet hes wife. And of course he wouldn't be allowed to takeoff from his home country.

You are absolutely right about permanent resident travel document, I don't argue about that. But I got the impression that he intend to rely only on PR card which will not work.

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Svetlanka said:
No, the guy said "My wife who will be in canada can give me the PR card when she comes to meet me. Will this be fine?" So, there is no way he to leave his home country with PR card. And the fact that his wife will meet him with PR card doesn't matter at all, because he will have to pass the border control before to meet hes wife. And of course he wouldn't be allowed to takeoff from his home country.

You are absolutely right about permanent resident travel document, I don't argue about that. But I got the impression that he intend to rely only on PR card which will not work.
He's got COPR and visa. He lands and goes home. He is a PR after that, just doesn't have the card yet. Read his first post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-jan-2016-lets-get-together-t389889.0.html;msg5345910#msg5345910[url] and then argue. How can anybody count on getting PR card in any way without a [b]landing [/b]procedure? He can't have PR card without going to Canada in the first place.

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
Sunny16 said:

Congrats Sunny. For the past 2 weeks, this AOR thread has remained pretty gloomy :p

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IcedCoffee said:
He's got COPR and visa. He lands and goes home. He is a PR after that, just doesn't have the card yet. Read his first post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-jan-2016-lets-get-together-t389889.0.html;msg5345910#msg5345910[url] and then argue. How can anybody count on getting PR card in any way without a [b]landing [/b]procedure? He can't have PR card without going to Canada in the first place. [/quote] We don't talk about landing procedure here. And you should read carefully before argue :) [b]He's got COPR and visa.[/b] - CORP itself is not a valid travel document. The visa has defined timeframe and corect me if I am wrong but it became invalid after you landed and applied for PR card. [b]He lands and goes home.[/b] -This is what we are talking about. He will return home [b]without[/b] his PR card. [b]He is a PR after that, just doesn't have the card yet.[/b] :D :D :D Actually I don't understand why you argue, as you itself wrote the needed documents for travel: PR card or permanent resident travel document. He cannot land back in Canada without one of these documents in his hand and this is what I meant.

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Sunny16 said:

Congratulations!!

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Svetlanka said:
We don't talk about landing procedure here. And you should read carefully before argue :)
He's got COPR and visa. - CORP itself is not a valid travel document. The visa has defined timeframe and corect me if I am wrong but it became invalid after you landed and applied for PR card.
He lands and goes home. -This is what we are talking about. He will return home without his PR card.
He is a PR after that, just doesn't have the card yet. :D :D :D Actually I don't understand why you argue, as you itself wrote the needed documents for travel: PR card or permanent resident travel document. He cannot land back in Canada without one of these documents in his hand and this is what I meant.
YOU don't talk about landing procedure. You have taken my words from the context of discussion and now trying to prove you were right. The message you replied to originally was his follow up question.

The original message: "I have the COPR and single entry visa with me. Can I land in Canada, stay for a week and then come back. I am still working in my current job and it will take some time for me to find a job and then quit this job. My wife is in canada and she can bring the card to me once she comes to meet me."

Hi is planning to go to Canada with COPR and immigration visa, complete the landing procedure, stay for some time and go back to whatever country he lives in now. He would not have the PR card by the time of his departure because it takes 2-3 months to get it. His wife will bring him the PR to his country of residence. Or alternatively he can apply for PR travel document if she can't. I don't see any problem here.
I am done arguing. Best of luck.

Congratulations to all who got PPRs! Happy for you guys. And hope for the rain today for the rest of us!

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi, I called CIC and was told that my Eligibility has been 'Passed' by NDVO. However Security and criminality has not started. Does that mean that all verification of employment, experience etc has been done or is verification a part of security. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks.