Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
choprakart said:
This may be IMPORTANT to all SW1 CoPR holders planning to flagpole.

I went to rainbow bridge to do my flagpole and the officer suddenly tells me... since you're granted PR under SW1 category you have to show funds in minimum $12,100.

I was like whaaaat????

I was overprepared in terms of documents needed for validation of CoPR during flagpole but I certainly wasn't carrying bank statements or anything.

The next thing he asked was, if I am currently employed I can use employment letter. I told him that I can print it off if I could use a computer.
He asked me how would I do that, and I told him I got stuff online.

He then said if I had those in my phone. My battery was at 9% and I was hoping he is able to see things in dim backlight. I showed him employment letter. He didn't stop there and asked for my most recent pay stub. Luckily I upload them as they come. I showed him the paystub as well.
He then stamped the passport and said... as of now you're permanent resident.
Congratulations :)

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
choprakart said:
This may be IMPORTANT to all SW1 CoPR holders planning to flagpole.

I went to rainbow bridge to do my flagpole and the officer suddenly tells me... since you're granted PR under SW1 category you have to show funds in minimum $12,100.

I was like whaaaat????

I was overprepared in terms of documents needed for validation of CoPR during flagpole but I certainly wasn't carrying bank statements or anything.

The next thing he asked was, if I am currently employed I can use employment letter. I told him that I can print it off if I could use a computer.
He asked me how would I do that, and I told him I got stuff online.

He then said if I had those in my phone. My battery was at 9% and I was hoping he is able to see things in dim backlight. I showed him employment letter. He didn't stop there and asked for my most recent pay stub. Luckily I upload them as they come. I showed him the paystub as well.
He then stamped the passport and said... as of now you're permanent resident.
This has happened in the past too. Thanks for sharing it. If anyone is FSW inlander with a job they do not need to show pof but they have to show the job letter and recent pay stub.

Reactions: Adanac11

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
manidhatt said:
This has happened in the past too. Thanks for sharing it. If anyone is FSW inlander with a job they do not need to show pof but they have to show the job letter and recent pay stub.
I was planning on bringing everything I OWN but now I'll triple check to make sure these are in my file.

Day drip to Montana doesn't sound like a bad idea.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Lua said:
I was planning on bringing everything I OWN but now I'll triple check to make sure these are in my file.

Day drip to Montana doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Same happened to my cousin. He had to call his manager and get an updated job letter while waiting at the border and as he gets paper based pay stub so he had to show her his bank account (proving when he gets paid) and then she stamped the COPR.

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
manidhatt said:
Same happened to my cousin. He had to call his manager and get an updated job letter while waiting at the border and as he gets paper based pay stub so he had to show her his bank account (proving when he gets paid) and then she stamped the COPR.
Ok so...make sure the battery on your cell phone doesn't die before you reach the border. Got it. ;D

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
Lua said:
Ok so...make sure the battery on your cell phone doesn't die before you reach the border. Got it. ;D
For me, fortunately the border is close by. Lets see how it goes :) First of all, PPR should come. :'(

MORGESDREAMS

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-5-2016
Passport Req..
8nov 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2016
LANDED..........
27-11-2016
manidhatt said:
hi

if Fsw inland with job offer has to do landing in service canada instead of borders ,one has to show paystubs too?

thanks

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
MORGESDREAMS said:
hi

if Fsw inland with job offer has to do landing in service canada instead of borders ,one has to show paystubs too?

thanks
It is better to be over prepared. You never know, some officers don't even bother looking at your job letter. But, if I was you I'd take job letter and recent pay stub too.

MORGESDREAMS

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-5-2016
Passport Req..
8nov 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2016
LANDED..........
27-11-2016
manidhatt said:
It is better to be over prepared. You never know, some officers don't even bother looking at your job letter. But, if I was you I'd take job letter and recent pay stub too.
thanks

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
manidhatt said:
Yes. Better have more documents with you than less.

sanr4

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
What the hell is going on at CIC...total silence???
Looks like you said it right...all the stars are aligning themselves perfectly to screw Jan AOR group..

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
Anyone here facing issues with CIC logon? When I enter the credentials, it takes me back to the CIC home page. :eek:

shivz111

Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2016-01-19
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
TBC
LANDED..........
TBC
Guys! I am in total confusion :( I recently changed my job and had to move for it(just about three weeks). Now I am confused if I should notify CIC of my job change. I have only found documentation stating to inform CIC of a status change such as loss of job etc. For address I have already sent in a change request.

Will it become a problem if I have to travel to border and they ask me for proof of job, in which case there is a difference between what I have submitted and my latest. Any insight is appreciated! :( :( ??? ???

My Profile:

CEC Inland. No PNP , No LMIA. AOR: 19th Jan.

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
shivz111 said:
Guys! I am in total confusion :( I recently changed my job and had to move for it(just about three weeks). Now I am confused if I should notify CIC of my job change. I have only found documentation stating to inform CIC of a status change such as loss of job etc. For address I have already sent in a change request.

Will it become a problem if I have to travel to border and they ask me for proof of job, in which case there is a difference between what I have submitted and my latest. Any insight is appreciated! :( :( ??? ???

My Profile:

Regardless of what everyone here says, I suggest you raise a case specific inquiry and submit your employment proof. Also, email CIC with the questions. Keep these documents and emails ready when you are doing the landing.

bamshy

Jun 18, 2016
shivz111 said:

My Profile:

CEC only requires that you have at least 1 year verifiable job experience is the right NOC. What you do after has nothing to do with the past experience required to qualify you for CEC - My opinion