+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JAN 2016 - let's get together

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
ravikgunturi said:
I am having trouble logging onto CIC. Anyone else having issues?
I did.
I kept getting an error message that the system is down because of scheduled maintenance.
Scheduled maintenance on a Tuesday afternoon. ;D

Anyway, I tried logging in again, just now, and it worked.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lua said:
I'm going to ask again because I clearly don't get it.

Why would a Canada Post strike affect the processing of PR applications?

It makes absolutely zero sense to me. IRCC agents have a job to do regardless of Canada Post.

it makes sense because cic website is the only place where this notification of canada post strike is displaying ;)
why would they display canada post strike warning if cic has nothing to do with canada post

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
Lua said:
I did.
I kept getting an error message that the system is down because of scheduled maintenance.
Scheduled maintenance on a Tuesday afternoon. ;D

Anyway, I tried logging in again, just now, and it worked.
Thank you. Let me try again.

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
ravikgunturi said:
Thank you. Let me try again.
I am still having issues with IE. When I try with Firefox, it goes to logon page. When I enter the credentials, it brings me back to CIC home page.

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
Honeyaustin said:
it makes sense because cic website is the only place where this notification of canada post strike is displaying ;)
why would they display canada post strike warning if cic has nothing to do with canada post
Because processing actual applications in order for a PPR to be issued has nothing to do with you sending in your passport.
If they delay working on the applications for the length of time that CP is on strike, they're going to be left with a backlog that'll cost them.

They can process an application - if you are denied then that's the end of that story. A Canada Post strike will have no immediate or future impact on your application. If you are denied, Canada Post is the least of your worries.

If you are approved, then there is still a step BEFORE you are issued a COPR. Again, this step does not involve Canada Post. Canada Post plays no role in whether you do, or do not, pay your fees.

It only plays a role once your passport comes into play. And we're all a few steps behind THAT.

pratik3687

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc -ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
INR2CAD07 said:
IRCC can accepts and sends courier using other courier services also, not only CANADA POST. they just need a pre-paid return courier stamp....
CANADA POST strike might have impact on dispatching COPR... but i guess not to issue PPR.....
i have seen few PPR emails..they specifically asks to send the passport ONLY through canada post.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lua said:
Because processing actual applications in order for a PPR to be issued has nothing to do with you sending in your passport.
If they delay working on the applications for the length of time that CP is on strike, they're going to be left with a backlog that'll cost them.

They can process an application - if you are denied then that's the end of that story. A Canada Post strike will have no immediate or future impact on your application. If you are denied, Canada Post is the least of your worries.

If you are approved, then there is still a step BEFORE you are issued a COPR. Again, this step does not involve Canada Post. Canada Post plays no role in whether you do, or do not, pay your fees.

It only plays a role once your passport comes into play. And we're all a few steps behind THAT.

i also would like to know why cic website is displaying canada post strike warning, i haven't this notice of strike on any other canadian website

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
Honeyaustin said:
i also would like to know why cic website is displaying canada post strike warning, i haven't this notice of strike on any other canadian website
I think it is for the people who sent Canada Post return envelops and people who were going to send using Canada post during the strike. For example if someone was posting on Thursday using Canada Post and the strike starts on Friday, they will have issues.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravikgunturi said:
I think it is for the people who sent Canada Post return envelops and people who were going to send using Canada post during the strike. For example if someone was posting on Thursday using Canada Post and the strike starts on Friday, they will have issues.

exactly they are trying to avoid this issues by not send more ppr's , thats the obvious reason for the delay in ppr's

Interista

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I am not convinced about this Canada Post strike responsible for delaying PPR. What about outlanders ? They do not need CP. their number is huge and many of us have seen their BG moving to in progress since two yo three weeks.
Looks like they are working on batches and waiting for a specific date to issu PPR regardless the strike.

ARM82

Apr 14, 2016
Interista said:
I am not convinced about this Canada Post strike responsible for delaying PPR. What about outlanders ? They do not need CP. their number is huge and many of us have seen their BG moving to in progress since two yo three weeks.
Looks like they are working on batches and waiting for a specific date to issu PPR regardless the strike.
Whats the point in arguing the reason for the delay. Whatever the reason be, it is clear that all the stars are aligning themselves to screw us. frustrating is a very mild way of putting it. The delay is getting on to my nerves.

ravikgunturi

Jun 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
25-07-2016
ARM82 said:
Whats the point in arguing the reason for the delay. Whatever the reason be, it is clear that all the stars are aligning themselves to screw us. frustrating is a very mild way of putting it. The delay is getting on to my nerves.
For the fun of it ;) Everyone is so frustrated that they are pouncing on it when they found Canada Post strike. At least that way, all will be happy :)

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
Honeyaustin said:
exactly they are trying to avoid this issues by not send more ppr's , thats the obvious reason for the delay in ppr's
If you are referring to this notice: "Canada Post services may be interrupted
If a mail disruption does take place, check our website before you apply. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available
."
- which is posted on the immigration or citizenship page then it's for an obvious reason. If you are sending an entire (paper) application via Canada Post (for example, you are applying for an extension of your visitor record) then you are going to be affected.

If you applied via Express Entry and your application is being processed then Canada Post has no effect on your application UNTIL, and after, you are approved, you pay your fees and are asked to send in your passport. There is absolutely no logic in IRCC agents ceasing to do their jobs because another entity, which doesn't affect their decision making (in terms of approving/rejecting an application), went on strike.

Really not sure how else to explain this.

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
This may be IMPORTANT to all SW1 CoPR holders planning to flagpole.

I went to rainbow bridge to do my flagpole and the officer suddenly tells me... since you're granted PR under SW1 category you have to show funds in minimum $12,100.

I was like whaaaat????

I was overprepared in terms of documents needed for validation of CoPR during flagpole but I certainly wasn't carrying bank statements or anything.

The next thing he asked was, if I am currently employed I can use employment letter. I told him that I can print it off if I could use a computer.
He asked me how would I do that, and I told him I got stuff online.

He then said if I had those in my phone. My battery was at 9% and I was hoping he is able to see things in dim backlight. I showed him employment letter. He didn't stop there and asked for my most recent pay stub. Luckily I upload them as they come. I showed him the paystub as well.
He then stamped the passport and said... as of now you're permanent resident.

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
So my theory on the delay...

After Jan the number of AORs issued dropped and points went up. There is a rumor that this was done to clear the backlog of cases. This then leaves us at the back of the queue, with potentially the greatest delay we have seen in Express Entry yet.

Files have been assigned in batches. Most peoples BG changed to in progress late on a Fri or early on a Sat, which likely means the process was automated.

Most likely our files are just sitting in a different queue.

But I hope I am wrong. :D ;D :D