+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JAN 2016 - let's get together

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can continue working after applying for BOWP. Since your Background check is not needed at this time, hence, it seems your PR application is R10 complete, so you should get WP extension.

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I just got my GCMS notes, and it turns out lots of issues are in there. Can any one help me with it? I am really worried now.

Note1
Date 2016/02/13
Text: ***AGENT REVIEW 11.2 *** Review Required. A 11.2 assessment refusal. CRS score falls below the minimum. Foreign Education for Spouse was rejected for the following reason: Translation of foreign education credential not provided.

Note 2
Date 2016/02/13
Text: ***AGENT REVIEW 11.2 *** Review Required. A 11.2 assessment refusal.
CRS score falls below the minimum. ITA based on level of education as "Post-sec*2+ incl 3 yr post-sec" level of education at time of e_APR changed to 'Bachelor's or 3 yr....' ECA report summary indicates Bachelor's degree only; lists 2nd credential as 'Honorary award'.

Note4
Date 2016/02/05
Text: ***AGENT REVIEW ***EDUCATION** Please Review for possible Points Discrepancy re Spouse EDUCATION DOCUMENTS Candadian educational credential on file; credential reviewed; Canadian institution recognized; credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE eligibility. PHD ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA Site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency WES as Bachelor's degree ** NO diploma but Transcript present, however it does not appear to state degree granted for bachelor's eduction SPOUSE'S EDUCATION ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency WES as PHD** NO Translation for foreign credential under education tab.

I have a few questions:
1: Note 1, I only upload my wife's copy of master' degree and the WES report. What should I do now? Do I need to translate and notarize the master's degree and sent to CIC?

2. I got confused for Note 2: I have a PhD degree in Canada, and a bachelor's degree in foreign country. I provided the ECA report (through WES) and my PhD degree. What does that mean? Does it mean CIC recognized my PhD degree for "Honorary award" only?

3: Note 4 it seems regarding the similar issue. But what does the text in red mean?

I know it is lots of question and I really appreciated who can help me here.

Thanks!

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldon said:
I have a few questions:
1: Note 1, I only upload my wife's copy of master' degree and the WES report. What should I do now? Do I need to translate and notarize the master's degree and sent to CIC?

2. I got confused for Note 2: I have a PhD degree in Canada, and a bachelor's degree in foreign country. I provided the ECA report (through WES) and my PhD degree. What does that mean? Does it mean CIC recognized my PhD degree for "Honorary award" only?

3: Note 4 it seems regarding the similar issue. But what does the text in red mean?

I know it is lots of question and I really appreciated who can help me here.

Thanks!
1. If degree certificate isnt in English/French, then translation is compulsory. Other members may confirm how translation is done. But it seems you would have to get it done from an authority which is recognized by CIC. Once translation is done, upload translated certificates along with original through CSE.
2. Is your PhD degree completed? If yes, you may upload LOE through CSE explaining PhD degree isnt "honorary". Again attach your PhD degree. If possible, get letter of reference from your prof that you completed PhD in 5 years from this university under his/her guidance. Also, if you have PhD you need not have submitted ECA for Bachelor, proof for highest degree is enough.
3. It seems you didnt submit bachelor degree certificate (or may be its not translated). CIC could find only transcript. So you can resend bachelor degree (translated - if applicable and original).

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajibsam said:
1. If degree certificate isnt in English/French, then translation is compulsory. Other members may confirm how translation is done. But it seems you would have to get it done from an authority which is recognized by CIC. Once translation is done, upload translated certificates along with original through CSE.
2. Is your PhD degree completed? If yes, you may upload LOE through CSE explaining PhD degree isnt "honorary". Again attach your PhD degree. If possible, get letter of reference from your prof that you completed PhD in 5 years from this university under his/her guidance. Also, if you have PhD you need not have submitted ECA for Bachelor, proof for highest degree is enough.
3. It seems you didnt submit bachelor degree certificate (or may be its not translated). CIC could find only transcript. So you can resend bachelor degree (translated - if applicable and original).
Thank you so much for your detailed answers!
1. I will check the authorized translator.
2. I got me PhD degree already. I will write the LOE.
3. For her bachelor's degree. Do we need the ECA report? if so, that would be a very slow process.

mr_ahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 dec 2016
Med's Done....
28 dec 2016
Passport Req..
13 march 2017
Tusharbakaya said:
No I haven't. That is why i was getting excited :)
Good luck!! hope u Jan applicants all get ppr asap .. so they can start us Feb applicants! ;)

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldon said:
3. For her bachelor's degree. Do we need the ECA report? if so, that would be a very slow process.
ECA is required only for highest degree. For bachelor, you can just upload the original & translated copies of degree & transcript.

dyv

May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
Hey, guys!

I'm a silent user. My timeline:

SINP Outland
AOR - Jan, 27
Med passed - Jan, 28
Schedule 4 - Jan, 28

no movements, no gost emails, nothing after that... :-[

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
dyv said:
Hey, guys!

I'm a silent user. My timeline:

SINP Outland
AOR - Jan, 27
Med passed - Jan, 28
Schedule 4 - Jan, 28

no movements, no gost emails, nothing after that... :-[
what's with your background check?

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajibsam said:
ECA is required only for highest degree. For bachelor, you can just upload the original & translated copies of degree & transcript.
Thank you so much!

I should have asked all the details before I submitted!

This forum is really helpful!

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajibsam said:
Sorry, one more question:

Do you know how can I find an authorized person to notarize my translation. A lawyer would do the work I guess?

dyv

May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
tatianatiana said:
what's with your background check?
BC - Not needed at this time

Imann_65

Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Online, inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11/1/2016
Med's Done....
Passed around the end of Jan
goldon said:
Sorry, one more question:

Do you know how can I find an authorized person to notarize my translation. A lawyer would do the work I guess?
I am not sure about the lawyers. But there are some certified translator in each city of Canada. Usually they are recognized by CIC (you can google them). It may be also needed for the translator to include a letter certifying that he has translated the document based on the original one and it is a true copy. It is called an Affidavit if I am not wrong.

If you are outside Canada you can find official translators (members with good standing) and you can always verify the translation through the department of justice. (that is how it worked in my country)

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imann_65 said:
I am not sure about the lawyers. But there are some certified translator in each city of Canada. Usually they are recognized by CIC (you can google them). It may be also needed for the translator to include a letter certifying that he has translated the document based on the original one and it is a true copy. It is called an Affidavit if I am not wrong.

If you are outside Canada you can find official translators (members with good standing) and you can always verify the translation through the department of justice. (that is how it worked in my country)
Thank you. I think I got the answers.

If you have some certified person (with license) to translate, you don't need an Affidavit.
If you have your friend to translate, he/she should sign the Affidavit in front of an Commissioner.