Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
MooseNBooze said:
I got a message in my MyCIC account. Not everyone does, based on what people have reported in this forum. Some got the PPR message directly in their email. But the gist of it is, one way or the other [whether it be via MyCIC or email] you will get a PPR message. I didn't get any additional message beyond the PPR one. From what I know, that's the final message you get. By "message" I mean a direct communication from IRCC, not the "your application has been updated" notifications. To make it more explicit, this is how it happens:

*You get a "you have a new message in your MyCIC account for application: E......" email.
*You then login and once you get to your eAPR page, you will see the message, which will be a PDF that you can download/open in your browser.
*The above will be your PPR.
*About 20-24 hours later, you may get a follow-up email "Your application (E.....) has been updated", which is just a sort-of "ghost" email notifying you of the above message and any changes to your application status. Your bckg status, eligibility review etc. will remain "in progress" etc. as before. You won't see any dramatic changes just because you got PPR.
*You then follow the instructions provided in the PPR [basically about where to send your PP]
*After you send your PP and after it gets processed [COPR is issued and/or visa is stamped if needed], then you will get another "Your application (E.....) has been updated" notification. At this point, if you log in and all that, you will notice that your application will have been approved, with eligibility passed and all that jazz.
*Enjoy!

I hope this helps. Best wishes.
If you received a direct email from IRCC, is there any chance it may end up in SPAM?

JohnMj

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:
I got a message in my MyCIC account. Not everyone does, based on what people have reported in this forum. Some got the PPR message directly in their email. But the gist of it is, one way or the other [whether it be via MyCIC or email] you will get a PPR message. I didn't get any additional message beyond the PPR one. From what I know, that's the final message you get. By "message" I mean a direct communication from IRCC, not the "your application has been updated" notifications. To make it more explicit, this is how it happens:

*You get a "you have a new message in your MyCIC account for application: E......" email.
*You then login and once you get to your eAPR page, you will see the message, which will be a PDF that you can download/open in your browser.
*The above will be your PPR.
*About 20-24 hours later, you may get a follow-up email "Your application (E.....) has been updated", which is just a sort-of "ghost" email notifying you of the above message and any changes to your application status. Your bckg status, eligibility review etc. will remain "in progress" etc. as before. You won't see any dramatic changes just because you got PPR.
*You then follow the instructions provided in the PPR [basically about where to send your PP]
*After you send your PP and after it gets processed [COPR is issued and/or visa is stamped if needed], then you will get another "Your application (E.....) has been updated" notification. At this point, if you log in and all that, you will notice that your application will have been approved, with eligibility passed and all that jazz.
*Enjoy!

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Thank you so much.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
AmericanMovingToCanada said:
If you received a direct email from IRCC, is there any chance it may end up in SPAM?
Possibly. But if you ask me, I suspect that many of the folks who claim to have gotten a direct email (as opposed to a message via MyCIC account) may have been a bit confused, largely due to how this forum works and how MyCIC works. You see, there are two distinct sorts of emails you get. One is of the "your application has been updated" variety, while the other is of the "you have a new message" kind. Many applicants never get the latter kind of email until PPR. Those who get such emails prior to PPR are folks who get additional document requests or Schedule A or Schedule 4 requests. Hence, I suspect that at least some of the folks who claim to have gotten a PPR email "directly" rather then through an update via MyCIC may be talking about "you have a new message" emails.

In short, I suspect that PPRs will always be reflected via MyCIC eAPR status pages. But I won't be shocked if there have been cases where some applicants' MyCIC never got updated and they received PPR through alternative routes (including directly through their email addresses on file), given that EE is still relatively a new process with a lot of known (and unknown) glitches in the system.

Long story short, keep checking MyCIC as well as your spam folders 8) I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
MooseNBooze said:
Possibly. But if you ask me, I suspect that many of the folks who claim to have gotten a direct email (as opposed to a message via MyCIC account) may have been a bit confused, largely due to how this forum works and how MyCIC works. You see, there are two distinct sorts of emails you get. One is of the "your application has been updated" variety, while the other is of the "you have a new message" kind. Many applicants never get the latter kind of email until PPR. Those who get such emails prior to PPR are folks who get additional document requests or Schedule A or Schedule 4 requests. Hence, I suspect that at least some of the folks who claim to have gotten a PPR email "directly" rather then through an update via MyCIC may be talking about "you have a new message" emails.

In short, I suspect that PPRs will always be reflected via MyCIC eAPR status pages. But I won't be shocked if there have been cases where some applicants' MyCIC never got updated and they received PPR through alternative routes (including directly through their email addresses on file), given that EE is still relatively a new process with a lot of known (and unknown) glitches in the system.

Long story short, keep checking MyCIC as well as your spam folders 8) I hope this helps. Best wishes.
Got it! Thanks for your explanation and help! :)

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:

Mine was a direct email to my inbox - absolutely nothing in MyCIC reflected PPR.

The next change was 'approved and closed' and that was after I had sent in passport copies etc.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Got it! Thanks for your explanation and help! :)
You're welcome and all the best!

ozlis said:
Mine was a direct email to my inbox - absolutely nothing in MyCIC reflected PPR.

The next change was 'approved and closed' and that was after I had sent in passport copies etc.

^This is a great response, thank you. We now have at least one (recent) example of how the PPR may just happen without MyCIC updates. So yeah it's good to keep an eye out on your spam folders, definitely.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
MooseNBooze said:
You're welcome and all the best!

^This is a great response, thank you. We now have at least one (recent) example of how the PPR may just happen without MyCIC updates. So yeah it's good to keep an eye out on your spam folders, definitely.
Wish I knew that a few days ago when I cleaned out my Spam folder without looking in it at all. Crap....

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Wish I knew that a few days ago when I cleaned out my Spam folder without looking in it at all. Crap....
I wouldn't worry if I were you. It's very unlikely the e-mail will be filtered into the spam box. Never have heard of such case.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
valsanail said:
I wouldn't worry if I were you. It's very unlikely the e-mail will be filtered into the spam box. Never have heard of such case.
Ok. Phew. Thank you! I was panicking there for a minute!

wimpy27

Dec 17, 2015
JohnMj said:
Hey everybody,

I have a question for those who got PPR. Did you all receive a message in your CIC account in addition to "Ready for Visa" Email? Or did your EE status change after receiving "Ready for Visa" Email?
Hey, John, I only received the e-mail, nothing changed in MyCIC account, no ghost e-mail nor message.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
MooseNBooze said:

From what I can gather from this forum, most people get a direct 'Ready for Visa' email and their MyCIC account remains unchanged until the passports have been stamped and ready to be returned by IRCC. I think the MyCIC messages are much rarer.

I received my PPR email on Thursday (no update on MyCIC), documentation sent to Ottawa on Friday and received yesterday and my account still remains unchanged.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Scottygirl said:
From what I can gather from this forum, most people get a direct 'Ready for Visa' email and their MyCIC account remains unchanged until the passports have been stamped and ready to be returned by IRCC. I think the MyCIC messages are much rarer.

I received my PPR email on Thursday (no update on MyCIC), documentation sent to Ottawa on Friday and received yesterday and my account still remains unchanged.
Can you tell me the address the direct email comes from?

JohnMj

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wimpy27 said:
Hey, John, I only received the e-mail, nothing changed in MyCIC account, no ghost e-mail nor message.
Thanks for your response. I am a little bit worried since my BG changed from "not needed" to "in progress" about 2 weeks ago and I have not received PPR yet.

AoR; February 1st
BG: changed from "not needed" to "In progress" on April 25th
Category: PNP-lnand

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Can you tell me the address the direct email comes from?
Sender is CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale. The subject of the email is Ready for Visa / Pret pour Visa.

Dec 8, 2015
New York
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted Upfront
AOR Received.
21/01/2016
IELTS Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Request
Submitted Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed at this Time
Scottygirl said:
Sender is CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale. The subject of the email is Ready for Visa / Pret pour Visa.
Does the email give a time frame for how long you have to respond?

Sorry for all the questions!