+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously guys... What's going on? Not that I am really worried about my particular file (although I crossed the 6 month mark yesterday), I know there are a lot of folks from October still waiting... What I want to find out is why CIC suddenly stopped issuing PPRs about 2 weeks ago? What happened? New goverment? Influx of Refugees? Does anybody have info?

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chjy91 said:
Landed in Vancouver on 4/27/16.

FSW Outland
ITA 9/18/15
AOR 10/15/15
Med Passed 11/8/15
BG In Progress 3/17/16
Passport sent 3/24/16
COPR 4/12/16

Congo mate

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED today at the rainbow bridge.

very smooth landing. other than that I wanted to note that the original date of entry is not correct on COPR, and that cute little officer told me bluntly "they will not change the law". I will amend it through cic anyway.

I love Canada. The american officer looked like will smith and felt like he'll shoot me in the eye at amy moment, while the canadian guy looked like my father and was extremely nice!

ITA Oct 23
AOR Oct 27
PPR Apr 18
COPR Apr 29
Landing Apr 30

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Please advise if I am missing anything:

We are leaving to USA for a couple days and back on Wednesday for the landing =) we are good with the USA visas.

Bringing the following documents with us:

- passports,
- COPR,
- POF (although we are CEC),
- current work permits,

Am I missing anything here?

manishsoni

Oct 16, 2015
Seoul, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

1) I am planning to land in Toronto (COPR destination: Calgary) in June or July sometime but only for couple of weeks and apply for PR card, SIN card, open bank account and just roam around. I am planning to give my friend's address in Canada for delivery of these documents. Please let me know if anything else is necessary to apply during this time?

2) I am planning to get a local Canadian number (for job search) through internet (not after landing but at this time itself). I was trying to search some information on internet but not much luck. Does anyone has idea of such kind of services and their price?

3) Regarding bank account I heard that some banks in Canada offer service of opening an account from outside Canada. Any idea on this ?

Please let me know if you have information regarding this. Best Regards.

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
thanuxxi said:

We are leaving to USA for a couple days and back on Wednesday for the landing =) we are good with the USA visas.

- passports,
- COPR,
- current work permits,
Congrats
Just a quick question. For prepaid envolpe what size you send to Ottawa to get copr and passport..

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
A4 size with a smaller one inside.. unsure about exact measure.. the guy from Canada Post was very familiar with the procedure and helped us with that

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manishsoni said:
Hello Everyone,

1) I am planning to land in Toronto (COPR destination: Calgary) in June or July sometime but only for couple of weeks and apply for PR card, SIN card, open bank account and just roam around. I am planning to give my friend's address in Canada for delivery of these documents. Please let me know if anything else is necessary to apply during this time?

You will need to apply for the governmental health insurance plan in your province. You do so by going to one of their offices with the COPR.

manishsoni said:
2) I am planning to get a local Canadian number (for job search) through internet (not after landing but at this time itself). I was trying to search some information on internet but not much luck. Does anyone has idea of such kind of services and their price?
It depends on the area and province and many other factors. in Toronto I'd suggest "wind". Put in mind that they will want to get you to sign a 2 year contract. I suggest you buy an unlocked phone and make sure it works with the NA bands, then use it with a pay per month plan until you decide.

manishsoni said:
3) Regarding bank account I heard that some banks in Canada offer service of opening an account from outside Canada. Any idea on this ?
There are RBC, TD, BMO, CIBC. Those are the major ones. Their basic services do not differ that much. You will need to open a basic account with one of them as a start then get familiar here and see what suits you (branches and ATMs near home, for example)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
thanuxxi said:

- passports,
- COPR,
- current work permits,

Ideally, you should have electronic access to your whole file - any documents that you submitted for PR.

Although they usually don't ask for it - by law landing is a final check phase where if they suspect something they could validate any of those docs.

Many people carry a file with all of those originals with just in case scenarios.

One very important thing: If any of your circumstances have changed since you applied e.g. change of jobs etc. you better carry proof of that in case its impact is relevant to your PR file.

To give this a bit of context, I was CEC with LMIA based job. However, I had left my LMIA job and joined another full time job. Also I was residing and working in Quebec at the time of application but had left Quebec job by the time of landing. For people from Quebec, you have to prove intent of moving outside of Quebec if you applied for federal PR program.

They gave me some tough time being convinced that I have moved out and CIC is aware of all changes, despite all those things showing up on my profile. Eventually it worked out but the most significant document was my original notarized affidavit "Intent of moving out of QC with proof" which I submitted with actual PR application. If I had not carried that letter in original, I might have been refused landing on that particular day.

So it is always best to at least have access to all of these docs. Good luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
thanuxxi said:
A4 size with a smaller one inside.. unsure about exact measure.. the guy from Canada Post was very familiar with the procedure and helped us with that
Exact measures are not really that important and Canada post knows them well. Officially the SMALLER one is small so it can be easily put inside the bigger one. However, in my case - I had 5 passports so Canada post used another large envelop of the same size. They just folded it in half so it fits inside the bigger one.

DandK

May 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

Here is our time timeline: PNP Outland

OINP Application - 15th June 2015
OINP Nomination - 15th September

ITA: 18th September
AOR: 6th October

Had a few requests since AOR with the latest request on 23rd February 2016 asking for PCC's for both my husband and I. These were submitted and valid at the time of application. My PCC was about to expire so I applied for a new PCC and sent through shortly after AOR. So when this request came through both our PCC's were still valid, however we still went ahead and applied again for new PCC's. Sent this through on 20th April and havent heard anything since. Our background check has been in progress since last year.

We are nearing our 7th month this week and thinking I should call CIC. Can someone please provide a contact number if calling from abroad?

Is anyone in a similar situation? It seems the PNP applications from early October are still being processed.

Anyway, for all those still waiting, hang in there. Good things come to those who wait!

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
DandK said:
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

Here is our time timeline: PNP Outland

OINP Application - 15th June 2015
OINP Nomination - 15th September

ITA: 18th September
AOR: 6th October

Had a few requests since AOR with the latest request on 23rd February 2016 asking for PCC's for both my husband and I. These were submitted and valid at the time of application. My PCC was about to expire so I applied for a new PCC and sent through shortly after AOR. So when this request came through both our PCC's were still valid, however we still went ahead and applied again for new PCC's. Sent this through on 20th April and havent heard anything since. Our background check has been in progress since last year.

We are nearing our 7th month this week and thinking I should call CIC. Can someone please provide a contact number if calling from abroad?

Is anyone in a similar situation? It seems the PNP applications from early October are still being processed.

Anyway, for all those still waiting, hang in there. Good things come to those who wait!
hi the number to call cic is 001- 613-944-4000.

i am in the same situation nov 8th aor got additional docs request on april 17th for original pcc from saudi arabia for me and my wife.
submitted it and been two weeks no reply yet.

did they ask you for original PCC ? and whats your Visa office?

DandK

May 1, 2016
Thanks for the number.

Yes they did ask for originals however there was no address to send it to. Our consultant sent an enquiry asking where to send it to but they replied that uploading the original was fine.

Visa office is Pretoria.

NSethi1976

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th October
Doc's Request.
14th October
Nomination.....
NBPNP
AOR Received.
8th October
Med's Done....
14th October
Passport Req..
18th April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Can somebody help and let me know how much money i can carry in Canada? What kind of proof of funds immigration officer can ask while landing ? How much worth of gold jewelry i can carry with me ?

We are 4 members and planning to land in Canada next month.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
So guys, I just came here to refresh the fragrance of this October thread.

I just Got PPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

thanks alot guys