+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Tocanadawego said:
I finally received my GCMS notes after 46 days of waiting. Eligibility passed, criminality passed. Security is blanked out for both me and my husband. I can see old activities where it shows security as not started, but then new security activities only show "security screening" and the whole page blanked out. Which is annoying, because I have no idea whether it is started or not.

Also, it says my application is set for transfer (which was not started when the notes were generated).

In the agent notes it says: ready to finalize. I don't know what to make of all this. I waited almost 2 months to find out literally nothing. All I wanted to know was what is going on with my security, and that's the part I am not able to view. Frustrating.
I recall legalfalcon here saying that you have to make a separate request to CSIS to view the security notes for an immigration application, but basically it'll be sanitized that you won't really gain anything from it.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
bellaluna said:
I recall legalfalcon here saying that you have to make a separate request to CSIS to view the security notes for an immigration application, but basically it'll be sanitized that you won't really gain anything from it.
Yeah, I discussed that with him recently on one of the threads. Totally not worth requesting it. I was just surprised that GCMS wouldn't even show whether it's in progress or not. Literally everything is blanked out.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
If there is nothing wrong with your background. Then security will eventually pass. I believe most concerned thing is Eligibility to be passed which is good news for you.
About security if you are sure that all the information you provided is right, then relax. It will eventually be passed and you will get PPR.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Tocanadawego said:
Yeah, I discussed that with him recently on one of the threads. Totally not worth requesting it. I was just surprised that GCMS wouldn't even show whether it's in progress or not. Literally everything is blanked out.
Oh, that was you! Yeah, it's probably just some bureaucratic red tape since the information/consent is requested to different agencies.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
cjs said:
If there is nothing wrong with your background. Then security will eventually pass. I believe most concerned thing is Eligibility to be passed which is good news for you.
About security if you are sure that all the information you provided is right, then relax. It will eventually be passed and you will get PPR.
Thanks. I hope sooner rather than later :)

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Finally ..... I crossed the 6 months mark and nothing YET.... ;D

""""""'''''' Now the feeling is "OMG this thing will last forever" :-\

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Maverickjo said:

Finally ..... I crossed the 6 months mark and nothing YET.... ;D

""""""'''''' Now the feeling is "OMG this thing will last forever" :-\
Welcome to our sad club :(

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
NSethi1976 said:
Application has been approved and closed.
Waitin for passports now .... :)
Congrats Nsethi

When are you planing to fly ?

NSethi1976

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th October
Doc's Request.
14th October
Nomination.....
NBPNP
AOR Received.
8th October
Med's Done....
14th October
Passport Req..
18th April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting...
kakmam1 said:
Congrats Nsethi

When are you planing to fly ?
Not yet decided but it will be sometime in July.

Rainforest

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
(Received GCMS notes with no update since 12-Nov-2015)

Application submission & AOR: 2-Nov-2015
Category: EE NB PNP outland
Visa office: ADVO
Medical passed: 4-Nov-2015
Schedule 4/4A request and submission: 4-Nov-2015

As there is no update on my application since 4-Nov-2015 on MyCIC status, I had requested for GCMS notes on the 4-Apr-2016 and received the notes yesterday (20-Apr-2016). The notes contain a total of 219 pages, but I was extremely disappointed to find that not even my “Eligibility” is passed yet. As per the GCMS notes, updates on my application is as follows:

Updated date: 12-Nov-2015
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started
Medical: Passed

However, there is a glimmer of hope on Case Analyst / Program Assistant/ Agent Review notes “on the label of EE Eligibility” which had been updated on 11-Nov-15 and 6-Nov-15) respectively, said 1. I met FSW criteria and PN program (NOC match with lead statement, etc.) 2. R10 OK (probably means Police certificates and all other documents are provided) and 3. I was not requested a Schedule A because my LOE included required information.

If I am not mistaken my eligibility is not “passed” yet as they didn’t calculate my points on FSW criteria. I met certain criteria but not yet done even on eligibility.
Just to inform you, we are a family of three with my spouse and a child, both are accompanying. I didn’t travel a lot.

What might be the reason they didn’t touch my application since 12-Nov-15 and my eligibility is not started? Any other thoughts?

(I’m posting this on this group as I found this group to be more vibrant and knowledgeable)

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
@ Rainforest...ur note says, update date 12-Nov-2016...

are you sure is this current status?

Regards.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rainforest said:

As there is no update on my application since 4-Nov-2015 on MyCIC status, I had requested for GCMS notes on the 4-Apr-2016 and received the notes yesterday (20-Apr-2016). The notes contain a total of 219 pages, but I was extremely disappointed to find that not even my “Eligibility” is passed yet. As per the GCMS notes, updates on my application is as follows:

However, there is a glimmer of hope on Case Analyst / Program Assistant/ Agent Review notes “on the label of EE Eligibility” which had been updated on 11-Nov-15 and 6-Nov-15) respectively, said 1. I met FSW criteria and PN program (NOC match with lead statement, etc.) 2. R10 OK (probably means Police certificates and all other documents are provided) and 3. I was not requested a Schedule A because my LOE included required information.

If I am not mistaken my eligibility is not “passed” yet as they didn’t calculate my points on FSW criteria. I met certain criteria but not yet done even on eligibility.
Just to inform you, we are a family of three with my spouse and a child, both are accompanying. I didn’t travel a lot.

What might be the reason they didn’t touch my application since 12-Nov-15 and my eligibility is not started? Any other thoughts?

(I’m posting this on this group as I found this group to be more vibrant and knowledgeable)

Exactly the same status i found out when received my GCMS notes few days ago... SIMPLY no one has touched my file since 13 of January....

What i intend to do is to CALL CIC and figure out what is keeping them from finishing my file... otherwise it can simply stay there for years!!

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Something similar happened to me as well. I submitted my application on 9th October. I ordered GCMS in January and realised my application was not touched from October 20th after R10 passed and my file was transferred to Ottawa CPO till beginning of February. Later, I got an additional document request for my spouse new passport on March 7th as we did not realise it had expired. My background went in progress on March 30th and I got PPR on April 7th. I might have got PPR earlier if not for the document request.

They will likely review your application soon and it might just take 2 to 3 weeks after then to finalise your application.

Rainforest said: