my timeline is as follows:
AOR October 28
BG in progress Nov 7
Meds passed Dec 2
FBI clearance spouse: Jan 26
FBI clearance PA: April 1

i'm a CEC inland applicant.

Today i got this:

"FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18. Please provide proof that you have applied for an FBI clearance certificate.

As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must have a complete set of fingerprints taken at your local police station or at an accredited private fingerprinting agency.
Please follow the FBI’s instructions to send your fingerprints and your payment to the Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division).
The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. Please scan and upload your certificate directly through your MyCIC account."

But i never lived there for 6 months or more, maybe i should just upload a LOE explaining that?
Hey jleaniz,

How many days in total you have stayed in United States, if you add up all your visits (days from all the visits)? If you don't mind sharing the total number of days.

If I am not wrong they go with the total number of days (doesn't matter if you have stayed continuous 6 months or not).

If you could share your total number of days, then it will help me for sure. I have visited US so many times as well. After my submission of the application, they asked me this form IMM5562E ( Supplementary travels form). In this form, they asked me to enter just entries for US.

Just FYI, you can use an online day calculator to count the number of days for each visit. Then further add up them all. Thats how I did it.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
This is a mere hunch and nothing official. Based on how the CIC is processing the applications, and upon careful review of my personal GCMS notes, this is what I can conclude:

1. GCMS notes make an agent pick up your file and if there is a something pending, they will usually update it. So GCMS notes do make your file move, but not always. Ordering the GCMS notes is an applicant's legal right. You can order as many GCMS notes as you would like. But, please don't abuse the process. I would suggest that if you have crossed the 5-month mark, and there has not been much movement, you should definitely order the GCMS notes. It will give you a picture of what has happened and if there are any concerns, that you can rectify. Next set should be ordered as soon as your cross the 6-month mark and see if there has been any movement. At this time it is advisable to call CIC and send an email or a CSE to figure out what is happening with your file.

2. Seeing the recent trends, there have been virtually no PPR issued in this week or the last. This could be due to various reasons. CIC might be trying to clear the old files, change in the policy, or a system glitch. This is all speculation. Usually, the PNP applicants are being processed without delay. If their files can be processed, so can others, but it is a priority issue. To understand why this happens, welcome to the obscure world of federalism. The immigration is within the authority of the federal government, but the provinces had their unique needs, so they pick up applicants from the pool. Since the PNP is a province approved file, CIC puts them on priority not to piss off the provinces and create a political issue in the parliament or the provinces enacting laws within their purview at the state legislative levels.

What to do is your application is still under process and you are almost at the 6-month mark?

6 months has now become a myth with CIC stating that 6 months is the average time it took to clear 80% of the files, which I highly doubt at this stage. So stay calm and be positive. Order the GCMS notes, if you see something off or new, let everyone know, check the interpreting the GCMS notes thread, BGC in progress and still waiting thread, and six months and not finalized thread. I personally believe that if you follow this you should have a clear picture of what stage is your file at. Rest it depends on the CIC, and their backlog. But most of the delays are due to the CIC and not the applicants. So don't get paranoid that there is something wrong with your file. If you see the thread of applicants who had passed 6 months, they got approved, some had to wait for 7-8 months, but finally they got the PPR.

Stay calm and be positive. It is frustrating to wait and sometimes feels that it will never happen, this is when you need to find a reason to inspire yourself and believe in yourself.

Hope this helps. If there is anything that I can help anyone of you, please do not hesitate to let me know, or send me a PM if there is something that you would not like to share here.

God Speed!
+1 for the above.. makes sense to me.. thnx

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Good post by Legalfalcon. :)

Let's just hope that next week will bring good news.

Sehbaaz

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28th Oct,2015
AOR Received.
2nd December 2015
Passport Req..
26th April
VISA ISSUED...
11th May
LANDED..........
17th May 2016
Not even a single ppr today :(

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
At this point I am certain that my application, which is PNP Inland Oct, is taking such long time due to security checks. Certainly some countries are blacklisted and my name is also a factor (it is too long!). Based on my GCMS, RCMP came clean. But they are surly contacting every country they can to find something against me. They have no relation with my country and it could add another layer of complexity. Please understand that I am not saying all my compatriots are going to face the same challenges. However I am claiming that with high probability they go through. In a world in which people are silently Trump-level conservatives, please don't tell me that I am paranoid.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamoonExpressEntry said:
At this point I am certain that my application, which is PNP Inland Oct, is taking such long time due to security checks. Certainly some countries are blacklisted and my name is also a factor (it is too long!). Based on my GCMS, RCMP came clean. But they are surly contacting every country they can to find something against me. They have no relation with my country and it could add another layer of complexity. Please understand that I am not saying all my compatriots are going to face the same challenges. However I am claiming that with high probability they go through. In a world in which people are silently Trump-level conservatives, please don't tell me that I am paranoid.
I agree that North Americans will become more and more conservative in the 'national pride' sense, and this will affect Europe sooner than it should. But we are talking about paper processing. Don't think someone is doing some dark Robinhood tasks to "protect home" on the CIC officer level. He risks his job and everything if statistics came against him.

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
hamoonExpressEntry said:
Well, part of what you say is true and another part is just delusional.

The true part is that citizens from some countries have to go through longer and more difficult security check.

One example: My friend and her husband, both living in France decided to work in Canada, both of them applied at the same time for their work permit. As a french citizen She got it in a few days, but for him it took one month because he was both french and maroccan. They told him it is because Marocco is on a black list of countries that can have terrorists...But at the end they both got it, it was "just" longer for him.

Just stay patient, even if it is true, you have no control over this. So stay calm and wait even if it is frustrating. If your RCMP came clean you will have your PR at some point.

On the other hand You're getting delusional when you are saying that people are silently Trump conservatives. Certainly they are some but do not compare Us citizends with canadians. The culture is still different. And If they were Trump conservatives in Canada, Trudeau would never have been elected.

Cheers

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Maverickjo said:
+1 for the above.. makes sense to me.. thnx
A good read indeed! PPR will knock knock soon! Keep calm and be positive!

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sqid.madoma said:
Well, part of what you say is true and another part is just delusional.

The true part is that citizens from some countries have to go through longer and more difficult security check.

One example: My friend and her husband, both living in France decided to work in Canada, both of them applied at the same time for their work permit. As a french citizen She got it in a few days, but for him it took one month because he was both french and maroccan. They told him it is because Marocco is on a black list of countries that can have terrorists...But at the end they both got it, it was "just" longer for him.

Just stay patient, even if it is true, you have no control over this. So stay calm and wait even if it is frustrating. If your RCMP came clean you will have your PR at some point.

On the other hand You're getting delusional when you are saying that people are silently Trump conservatives. Certainly they are some but do not compare Us citizends with canadians. The culture is still different. And If they were Trump conservatives in Canada, Trudeau would never have been elected.

Cheers
Agree with you.. officers do have authorities and certain delegation of power but indeed it's not up to them 100% .. this trump effect doesn't make sense for me.. what I'm convinced of is that whatever a candidate will feel,do, analyze, come up with STILL That won't change the true fact of "we have to simply wait guys and we can do nothing in the mean time" ...

Have a nice day.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Seeing this topic being discussed, I wanted to throw my hat in too. Canada, like the United States a few decades ago, is a nation of immigrants. It is run by people who come from all parts of the world and make the social fabric and multicultural ethnicity which Canada is proud of. If an applicant is from a specific religion, a country known as a drug source or terrorist harboring country, his application will need a few detailed security checks which might take a little longer, but it in no way will be held against him.

Coming to Donald Trump, it does not take much effort to point out an ass between horses. People in the US are fed up with the political rant, unemployment, constant wars that have nothing to do with the US, but the citizens pay for it and the misadventures of their political system. This is why a person like Donald Trump has become a front runner. On the other side, Hillary also comes with a lot of baggage and people are not happy with her too. Now the elections will boil down to choosing between two evils. Some say a known evil is better than an unknown one. While others say choose the lesser evil.

American politics will not affect Canada in any way. Even if Trump becomes the next President, which is highly unlikely, all his plans will fail. They are unconstitutional and it will be impossible for him get it implemented. If he decides to send the US army into another war, it will drain the US economy and take a heavy toll.

So do not be swayed away with politics. It has been there and will always be. Look at the place you have chosen to immigrate, CANADA. A country where minorities hold cabinet positions, every major city prides itself to be a multicultural one, and above all, they need you to help build it.

To sum up, do not be ashamed of who you are and where you come from, be proud of your heritage and take pride in helping build a nation that have opened its arms and doors for you. CIC agents cannot, by law, make decisions on an applicant's race, name or religion. If you have doubts, read the Canadian Charter of Rights in the Canadian Constitution and you will feel much better. The Constitution matters, people don't.

Mar 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 11.2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Oct 11.2016
IELTS Request
NA - submitted with letter of explanation at the beginning
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
Before application submitted .... Sept. 23.2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 18.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 29.2016
LANDED..........
April 13.2016
Don't have enough posts to have a signature:

April 2 - logged into MyCIC - status updated. Application Closed. Background check completed. This application as been approved. No email received yet.

Here is my timeline again.

FSW Inland
1 Year PGWP (expiration: Nov 12, 2015)
IELTS - 9 | 9 | 8.5 | 7.5
WES - 4 year equivalent bachelors
1 year Canadian education (post grad)
1.5 years and counting Canadian experience

Sept 16 - EE Profile submitted- (479 points)
Sept 18 - ITA
Oct 11 - APR Submitted (RPRF upfront, RCPM submitted, IELTS certificate, letter of explanation)
Oct 11 - eAOR
Oct 22 - Medicals Passed
Oct 23 - CIC update email & ECAS access - 4 lines (could have been earlier)
Oct 24 - Log into MyCIC - application updated. No changes noticed
Oct 25 - Ghost Email
Nov 5 - BOWP sent with first AOR (paper application to Alberta)
Nov 6 - Paper Application received by CIC (FedEx tracking notice, signature provided)
Feb 18 - Approved 1 year BOWP received in the mail (Date issued February 10, 2016)
Mar 9 - logged into MyCIC- status "updated". Background check in progress.
Mar 10 - CIC email... Your account has been updated
Mar 18 - "Ready for Visa" email
Mar 21 - Mail Passport - Canada Post Xpress

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
187654321 said:

April 2 - logged into MyCIC - status updated. Application Closed. Background check completed. This application as been approved. No email received yet.

Congratulations!!! So happy for you.

InfiniteWait

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
05-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
187654321 said:

FSW Inland
1 Year PGWP (expiration: Nov 12, 2015)
IELTS - 9 | 9 | 8.5 | 7.5
WES - 4 year equivalent bachelors
1 year Canadian education (post grad)
1.5 years and counting Canadian experience

Sept 16 - EE Profile submitted- (479 points)
Sept 18 - ITA
Oct 11 - APR Submitted (RPRF upfront, RCPM submitted, IELTS certificate, letter of explanation)
Oct 11 - eAOR
Oct 22 - Medicals Passed
Oct 23 - CIC update email & ECAS access - 4 lines (could have been earlier)
Oct 24 - Log into MyCIC - application updated. No changes noticed
Oct 25 - Ghost Email
Nov 5 - BOWP sent with first AOR (paper application to Alberta)
Nov 6 - Paper Application received by CIC (FedEx tracking notice, signature provided)
Feb 18 - Approved 1 year BOWP received in the mail (Date issued February 10, 2016)
Mar 9 - logged into MyCIC- status "updated". Background check in progress.
Mar 10 - CIC email... Your account has been updated
Mar 18 - "Ready for Visa" email
Mar 21 - Mail Passport - Canada Post Xpress
I have same time line as yours. I got the PPR mail on 18th March and I sent the passport through Xpressport on same day. CIC received the passports on 24th March. Today I got an email from CIC around 3 PM. When I logged in to mycic I found the status updated as Application closed and everything else is complete. But the tracker on the retun Xpress post is not activated. Did it happen for you as well. Did they close the appliction before returning the passport and COPR? I am bit worried. It could be an issue with Canada post also. Please let me know if you have faced similar situation as mine. Thanks

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
jleaniz said:
my timeline is as follows:
AOR October 28
BG in progress Nov 7
Meds passed Dec 2
FBI clearance spouse: Jan 26
FBI clearance PA: April 1

i'm a CEC inland applicant.

Today i got this:

"FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18. Please provide proof that you have applied for an FBI clearance certificate.

As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must have a complete set of fingerprints taken at your local police station or at an accredited private fingerprinting agency.
Please follow the FBI’s instructions to send your fingerprints and your payment to the Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division).
The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. Please scan and upload your certificate directly through your MyCIC account."

But i never lived there for 6 months or more, maybe i should just upload a LOE explaining that?
I am not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that if you have lived in a country for 6 months or more in totaI, i.e. even if i t is not at a stretch but spread over a period, you are still required to submit PCC. I think this was a very recent change in the policies. Please check online as I also just read it somewhere in a post.

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
AAA2133 - Can you please update my timeline.
PPR was on 18 March, PP reached CPC - 24th March, Application approved and closed & return tracker activated - 1st April( received mail about same on April 2nd)
Planning to complete landing at CIC office.

Thank you for all your help.