Med's Done....
21-09-2015

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ro.ag said:
Hi Aeropostale,

Did you need to take prior appointment at VFS to submit your passport and photos?
Nope.. Just walk in and take a queue slip and deposit your passports..

i would recommend to be there first thing as they open... as I had many travel agents with Temp visitor visa applications taking a lot of time..

When my turn came... it just took 10 mins..

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Karunshinu said:
Guys i got ppr :)) after long waiting thank god
Congratulations!!!
Have you got it just now?

NSethi1976

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th October
Doc's Request.
14th October
Nomination.....
NBPNP
AOR Received.
8th October
Med's Done....
14th October
Passport Req..
18th April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Karunshinu said:
Congratulations
Did you receive it from NDVO ?

NSethi1976

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th October
Doc's Request.
14th October
Nomination.....
NBPNP
AOR Received.
8th October
Med's Done....
14th October
Passport Req..
18th April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Karunshinu said:
Have you received any ghost or updated email prior to PPR ?

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi,

I have a question to all the experts on this forum. I have received my ITA and submitted my application, received AOR on 2 March 2016. I am a PNP applicant (Province: Saskatchewan) under FSW outland. My current employer (a Canadian firm based in India) is considering to transfer me to Canada (Toronto only) if my PR is approved. My question is, in case I get the PR through this nomination, is it mandatory for me to find a job in Saskatchewan province only? Am i not eligible to take up my current company's offer and move to Toronto?

What is the best solution? Any advise on this would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to astro313, karakou, xlx, inlandmeh, simranbaidwan67, tariq11, MONICA1905, FSW0124, SANTODOMINGO09, ro.ag, Karunshinu!!!!!

I am really glad for you folks!

It seems like CIC indeed is trying to clear their backlog and doing a great job with this. The rain is now not only on Wednesdays and Fridays, but also on Mondays! Hopefully they will continue working in the same spirit.

And I hope they won't forget about me:):)

kartiktowniee

Nov 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eye in the sky said:
Hi,

I have a question to all the experts on this forum. I have received my ITA and submitted my application, received AOR on 2 March 2016. I am a PNP applicant (Province: Saskatchewan) under FSW outland. My current employer (a Canadian firm based in India) is considering to transfer me to Canada (Toronto only) if my PR is approved. My question is, in case I get the PR through this nomination, is it mandatory for me to find a job in Saskatchewan province only? Am i not eligible to take up my current company's offer and move to Toronto?

What is the best solution? Any advise on this would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
If you are going via PNP you must stay in that province for a minimum of 2 years upon your arrival. Also you have a ethical and moral responsibility to try to settle down in that province.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kartiktowniee said:
If you are going via PNP you must stay in that province for a minimum of 2 years upon your arrival. Also you have a ethical and moral responsibility to try to settle down in that province.
Could you please mention the source for this claim? I would like to know any legal consequences associated, if one moves out of that nominated province, if one gets a better job offer in a diff province?

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kartiktowniee said:
Thanks, can you provide me a reference link which suggests that i need to stay in a province for a minimum of 2 years after being nominated? I searched the internet but could not find any credible information on the same, hence the post to seek clarification.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the below to understand more about this "Leaving the province after you land"... hope that helps

Mobility Rights of Canadian Permanent Residents under Provincial Immigration
The right to legislate in the field of immigration in Canada is shared equally between the Federal government and the provinces. Since the Quebec government acquired exclusive rights to establish its own policies and programs in 1981, all of the provinces and territories have implemented their own immigration programs to select immigrants.
But what is the implication when a province issues an approval for a newcomer to relocate to its province and what are the obligations of an applicant to actually settle in that province?
Increasing numbers of applicants are applying for admission to Canada under a provincial nomination program (PNP) or through Quebec.
A starting point for discussion is section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Commonly known as the Canadian Charter or the Constitution Act, 1982, it is a series of legislative enactments dating back to the birth of Canada in 1867 that provides Canadians with basic rights in relations with government at all levels and binds all provincial/territorial legislative assemblies in Canada including the federal legislature, the Parliament of Canada. Section 6 provides permanent residents and Canadian citizens with the right to live and work in any province in Canada.
Section 6 reads:
1. Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
2. Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
o to move to and take up residence in any province; and
o to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
In immigration matters, the implication of section 6 and mobility rights under the Charter is significant. But these rights do not actually begin until permanent residence has been established.
Once a province selects an applicant, the federal department of Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) will oversee admissibility issues, including health and security. Upon landing at a Port of Entry (POE) in Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency will also ensure admissibility and this would include verifying the truthfulness of an applicant’s intentions to reside in a particular province.
Paragraph 87(2)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) clarifies that a foreign national is a member of the PN class if they intend to reside in the province that has nominated them.
After receiving a permanent residence visa and appearing at a port of entry for admission to Canada, once admitted, there is nothing that can come in between an applicant’s Charter mobility rights to live and work anywhere in Canada. The provinces which seek to attract newcomers under their provincial immigration programs are left to create the right conditions to attract and more importantly, retain immigrants.
This has been an ongoing challenge for some of the provinces that are being used by prospective applicants as a “back door entry” to Canada, who do not otherwise qualify for admission under the federal skilled worker program.
Indeed, this has been a serious challenge facing Quebec which has direct authority to select 50,000 newcomers under all categories representing approximately 20% of total admissions to Canada. This is by far the most of any province.
Historically, and as empirical data confirms, the province of Quebec retains only a fraction of the applicants it actually approves. Many applicants often decide to forego their initial intention to settle in Quebec and elect to settle elsewhere. This is especially the case under Quebec’s immigrant investor program (QIIP) which has dominated the Canadian market of investment based immigration.
For other provinces including Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island which promote their own skilled worker programs, the retention of immigrants remains an ongoing challenge for provincial policy makers.
Applicants applying through a PN must be mindful of the requirement to maintain compliance with the program and truthfulness in the application process. The intention to settle in a province under an immigration program must be clearly present upon landing.
In the case of individuals where indications at the POE are that they no longer intend to reside in the nominating province/territory, they may be reported under section A44(1) for non-compliance with paragraph 87(2)(b) of the IRPR.
At worst, where it becomes evident that an individual never intended to reside in the nominating province or territory, this could give rise to an allegation of misrepresentation, pursuant to paragraph 40(1)(a) of the IRPA.
Canada’s 730-day residence rules are among the world’s most flexible. Applicant’s can theoretically leave Canada soon after becoming permanent residents for a period of up to 3 years while retaining their Canadian permanent residence during an initially long period of absence.
A Canadian permanent resident is thus afforded the protection under section 6 of the Charter, to change their minds about where they want to live and work in Canada. There are no obstacles or formalities for Canadians to change their province of residence once permanent residence has been firmly established. Government immigration officials at the federal and provincial levels are well aware of this dilemma.
Given the unpredictability that exists under the current federal express entry system, provincial immigration programs will increasingly become attractive entry points for newcomers to Canada. The provinces also face increasing challenges to correctly choose and retain immigrants.
Applicants considering an immigration project to Canada under provincial programs must do so while carefully balancing their legal rights afforded by section 6 of the Charter and the legal obligations imposed under the Immigration Act.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
thatguy56 said:
I checked mine right now and still nothing.
Yupp nothing for me too :-X